Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which coachspeak/teamspeak explanation of when Bortles will start did you like the best?
When Bortles is ready
When Bortles gives us the best chance to win (Paraphrased from Henne gives us the best chance to win)
When the pieces are in place around him (Mostly from fans, occasionally from Oehser)
When the O-Line gels (Mostly from media)
We want to let him sit all year and just learn
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Favorite explanation for when Bortles will start

Quote:Ryan O just tweeted that a Redskin's player asked "what's the deal with Bortles not starting?"

This way, Gus buys himself at least another year next year because of his "rookie" QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chad Henne played great and the mob is dumb. - Tony Boselli

Quote:Ryan O just tweeted that a Redskin's player asked "what's the deal with Bortles not starting?"

I wonder how many Jaguars players are asking the same thing.

Quote:Chad Henne played great and the mob is dumb. - Tony Boselli

Tony Boselli and Mike Carey would probably make great friends.

Quote:We hate the Cowboys and Giants so much that we're going to start Henne vs the Eagles and Redskins.

I laughed.

Quote:This way, Gus buys himself at least another year next year because of his "rookie" QB.

Exactly. He and Caldwell buy more patience. It's so obvious what's going on here.

When Henne's QB rating drops into the negative numbers.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Kind of sick of this.  A new excuse every week.  It's ok to deviate from a plan, if it makes sense.  Chad Henne does not make any sense, and all he does is lose games.  Blake Bortles is the clear starter, and they are being gun shy.  The staff shouldn't be scared or coddle the man.  Bortles won't be perfect, but he will play to win the game each and every time.  He is not afraid to throw down field.  Do you think the coaches will be asking Blake to take some risks downfield?  It's in his nature to be ruthless until the end.  Just my .2 cents.  Hopefully he will be jogging onto the field on our first offensive drive week 3...

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

You forgot the overwhelming favorite of the crybaby brigade:

o - Put him in NOW, we don't care what the coaches think.  We don't care if he can't handle the mental part yet, we don't care if he gets clobbered.  Wah!  Baby want what baby want NOW

Quote:You forgot the overwhelming favorite of the crybaby brigade:

o - Put him in NOW, we don't care what the coaches think. We don't care if he can't handle the mental part yet, we don't care if he gets clobbered. Wah! Baby want what baby want NOW

If he can't handle it, or if they think he can't handle it, then the staff drafted the wrong guy...

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 04:57 PM by dennisp3.)

When Henne throws a pass that hits Gus in the head.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 05:04 PM by homebiscuit.)

Quote:If he can't handle it, or if they think he can't handle it, then the staff drafted the wrong guy...

And the next level has been reached. It won't be long until a snot-nosed, torch-bearing mob with spanking new Bortles jerseys set fire to Shad Khan's yacht.

Quote:When Henne throws a pass that hits Gus in the head.
[Image: 220px-Larry_the_Cable_Guy.jpg]

"I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there"

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:And the next level has been reached. It won't be long until a snot-nosed, torch-bearing mob with spanking new Bortles jerseys set fire to Shad Khan's yacht.

So you think Henne should be playing? I don't get how people think he is going to be "ruined."

Quote:You forgot the overwhelming favorite of the crybaby brigade:

o - Put him in NOW, we don't care what the coaches think.  We don't care if he can't handle the mental part yet, we don't care if he gets clobbered.  Wah!  Baby want what baby want NOW

Is FBT your ghost writer?

Whoa. It's crazy how quickly this place has turned on Gus and Dave. Sheesh. I want Bortles to start too, but dang.

Blank #2, being "he isn't ready yet; but at the same time, he's the back-up QB and will therefore be magically ready the moment Henne gets injured."

Quote:Whoa. It's crazy how quickly this place has turned on Gus and Dave. Sheesh. I want Bortles to start too, but dang.

Right?   I can just picture some of these knee-jerkers making their "Fire Gus" signs for the home opener while muttering under their breath about how horrible Henne is. 

I kinda' feel bad for them  -- It's a good time to be a Jags fan.

Quote:Whoa. It's crazy how quickly this place has turned on Gus and Dave. Sheesh. I want Bortles to start too, but dang.

I don't think anyone is attacking Gus or Dave. I think they should stop justifying their original plan with excuses every week. They know he's better than Henne and that BB gives them the best chance to win. I think they do not want to deviate from that plan so much that they are finding reasons to stick with it.

I don't think anyone is turning on Gus and Dave, we just don't understand the reasoning for sitting Blake! When he out played Henne in the preseason we listened to the it was because he was playing against the twos. Finally for us believers that Blake was better then Henne they let him start with the ones and we seen the same result. There never was a time during preseason that he looked overwhelmed or was affected by pressure adversely. Just the opposite he show the ability to step up in the pocket and roll out if he had to passing on the run. He passed everyone's eye test and any other criteria that you might evaluate him on. I think Dave and Gus are the corner stones of this team moving forward. That doesn't mean I have to support every decision they make! What will really make me sick is when he does get to play and lights it up they claim that sitting him was the reason he was ready to start. No one will really know if that was truly the reason.