Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Hardy

How is he being allowed to play?! The guy was convicted for assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to kill her.  He's appealed but it still remains at this point the judge found him guilty.  He's appealed for a jury trial which will be in November.

How is Ray Rice, who was found NOT guilty, regardless of the video kicked out but Greg hasn't been indefinitely suspended?  ESPN says Greg is expected to play on Sunday.

At the minimum he should be suspended until after the trial in November.  ESPN is saying the Panthers/NFL's hands are tied on the situation, how?!  He was found guilty in court.  Am I missing something here?  Can the Panthers not deactivate him for this?  Do you think they should?  In my opinion yes they should.

Has anyone heard the story behind the situation?  If it's true what happened was horrible.  He damn near killed her according to what ESPN just showed and that was from her court testimony.  He dragged her out of the bathtub by her hair, had her on the ground and put both his hands around his throat telling her he was going to kill her.  

Per the testimony he then threw her onto a couch with assault rifles telling her they're loaded.  This part of the story was odd to me.

Then HE calls 911 and reports she is assaulting him.  He didn't sound like he was in distress in the 911 call and I've heard many 911 calls over the last 4 years of my job.  I'm not saying he wasn't telling the truth but it didn't sound well on his part in my opinion.  He was arrested when the police showed up and as I said convicted of both charges in relation to the assault.

The court testimony ESPN showed of the woman was pretty chilling.  How he's being allowed to play while being convicted of that doesn't click with me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How is he being allowed to play?! The guy was convicted for assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to kill her.  He's appealed but it still remains at this point the judge found him guilty.  He's appealed for a jury trial which will be in November.

How is Ray Rice, who was found NOT guilty, regardless of the video kicked out but Greg hasn't been indefinitely suspended?  ESPN says Greg is expected to play on Sunday.

At the minimum he should be suspended until after the trial in November.  ESPN is saying the Panthers/NFL's hands are tied on the situation, how?!  He was found guilty in court.  Am I missing something here?  Can the Panthers not deactivate him for this?  Do you think they should?  In my opinion yes they should.

Has anyone heard the story behind the situation?  If it's true what happened was horrible.  He damn near killed her according to what ESPN just showed and that was from her court testimony.  He dragged her out of the bathtub by her hair, had her on the ground and put both his hands around his throat telling her he was going to kill her.  

Per the testimony he then threw her onto a couch with assault rifles telling her they're loaded.  This part of the story was odd to me.

Then HE calls 911 and reports she is assaulting him.  He didn't sound like he was in distress in the 911 call and I've heard many 911 calls over the last 4 years of my job.  I'm not saying he wasn't telling the truth but it didn't sound well on his part in my opinion.  He was arrested when the police showed up and as I said convicted of both charges in relation to the assault.

The court testimony ESPN showed of the woman was pretty chilling.  How he's being allowed to play while being convicted of that doesn't click with me.

Hardy's case has not been settled.  Ray Rice's has.  The league has made it clear they won't do anything until the legal system has completed the process. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:How is he being allowed to play?! The guy was convicted for assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to kill her.  He's appealed but it still remains at this point the judge found him guilty.  He's appealed for a jury trial which will be in November.

Greg Hardy is a monster man, I can hardly read the details of that story because it infuriates me, he's a [BLEEP].

Quote:Hardy's case has not been settled.  Ray Rice's has.  The league has made it clear they won't do anything until the legal system has completed the process. 

He's still been convicted.  I don't see how him appealing makes a difference.  That could drag on forever.  He'll essentially be able to play this entire season being convicted of assault on his girlfriend.

Ray Rice's case was settled, he wasn't convicted.  That doesn't clarify anything for me.  If that's the case the league should allow Rice to play, the courts didn't see enough evidence to convict him.  I'm sure the video was used as evidence yet he wasn't charged.  I fully expect the players association to file a grievance on Ray Rice.

Have you read the Greg Hardy story?  How you could read the testimony, see that he was convicted, and still allow him to play blows my mind.

Quote:He's still been convicted.  I don't see how him appealing makes a difference.  That could drag on forever.  He'll essentially be able to play this entire season being convicted of assault on his girlfriend.

Ray Rice's case was settled, he wasn't convicted.  That doesn't clarify anything for me.  If that's the case the league should allow Rice to play, the courts didn't see enough evidence to convict him.  I'm sure the video was used as evidence yet he wasn't charged.  I fully expect the players association to file a grievance on Ray Rice.

Have you read the Greg Hardy story?  How you could read the testimony, see that he was convicted, and still allow him to play blows my mind.

He should be suspended indefinitely.

"He looked me in my eyes and he told me he was going to kill me. I had never been so scared in my life," Holder said, via the Charlotte Observer. "I was so scared I wanted to die. When he loosened his grip slightly I said just, 'Do it. Kill me.' "

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...to-kill-me

Quote:He's still been convicted.  I don't see how him appealing makes a difference.  That could drag on forever.  He'll essentially be able to play this entire season being convicted of assault on his girlfriend.

Was there a video of Greg Hardy doing all this? Apparently that's the only way NFL will jump in... or should I say, Goodell. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Sure he could be found innocent in his jury trial and I'm not trying to say I think he's guilty but the courts did.  My opinion I guess is more along the lines of why he is not suspended until this is sorted out?  I've read up now on the NC legal system and it's a mess, things make a little more sense now but I still don't see how he's allowed to play until the trial is over. 

The judge issued a conviction from the bench.  That conviction has been appealed. 

Florio explained it in an article he posted yesterday, and this conviction is being misrepresented based on North Carolina law.  Basically the judge's "verdict" is done to pave the way for a jury trial, which is what is going to happen later this year. 

Ray Rice's legal case was settled, which means the legal process had completed.  The league then moved to issue their penalty.  They're using the same process with Hardy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Sure he could be found innocent in his jury trial and I'm not trying to say I think he's guilty but the courts did.  My opinion I guess is more along the lines of why he is not suspended until this is sorted out?  I've read up now on the NC legal system and it's a mess, things make a little more sense now but I still don't see how he's allowed to play until the trial is over. 
Because technically he hasn't been convicted of anything. 

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 02:52 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:The judge issued a conviction from the bench. That conviction has been appealed.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/hardys-case-isnt-ripe-for-nfl-discipline-yet/'>Florio explained it in an article he posted yesterday,</a> and this conviction is being misrepresented based on North Carolina law. Basically the judge's "verdict" is done to pave the way for a jury trial, which is what is going to happen later this year.

Ray Rice's legal case was settled, which means the legal process had completed. The league then moved to issue their penalty. They're using the same process with Hardy.
I was going to link that exact article:

Quote:Hardy’s case remains unresolved in the legal system. Sure, he was found guilty in a bench trial, before a judge. But that’s simply part of the convoluted criminal procedure in North Carolina, which gives him what the lawyers call a trial de novo before a jury. It all happens from scratch, a fresh bite at the apple. Innocent until proven guilty.

If/when Hardy is convicted or pleads guilty or no contest or enters a diversionary program, then Hardy will face punishment from the NFL. Anything before then would fly in the face of the league’s policies, as written and applied in past cases.

If he's found guilty by jury, pleads guilty or no contest, or enters a diversionary program he'll get his punishment. Same with McDonald.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He wouldn't get suspended indefinitely, he would get 6 games...no?

Hardy deactivated for today's game

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 12:45 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Hardy deactivated for today's game

I saw that, I think it's a good call by the Panthers.  I wonder who made the call, out of my own curiosity.  The NFLN guys made it sound like it was a last minute decision, even for Hardy, and that he was expecting to play today.