Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 2

Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcotts are announcing the Jaguars @ Redskins second NFC East opponent (and last such road in 2014) for The NFL On CBS.  :yes:   B)   :thumbsup:   Smile    ^_^

http://506sports.com/

http://the506.com/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So at 4, we get St Louis/Tampa instead of Seattle/San Diego.

Ugh.

They hate the Pensacola area.  Never get to see Jag games without heading out to a bar or getting Sunday Ticket..

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:So at 4, we get St Louis/Tampa instead of Seattle/San Diego.

Ugh.

So you don't want to watch Kansas City and Denver? That would be a much better game than Seattle/San Diego anyway.

I think the Panhandle area CBS stations wanted to be able to show Falcons games to its GA audience...   My guess is next week's Colts-Jags game will get a wide audience in the south esp with Dolphins as a late game...  Of course that will make those markets miss out on the Super Bowl replay at the same time...  Red Zone here I come!!!

D

Quote:I think the Panhandle area CBS stations wanted to be able to show Falcons games to its GA audience...   My guess is next week's Colts-Jags game will get a wide audience in the south esp with Dolphins as a late game...  Of course that will make those markets miss out on the Super Bowl replay at the same time...  Red Zone here I come!!

But are there really more Falcons fans than Jaguars fans in northwest Florida? I would not think so. If my geography is correct, Pensacola is closer to Jacksonville than Atlanta - only a four-hour drive.

Quote:So you don't want to watch Kansas City and Denver? That would be a much better game than Seattle/San Diego anyway.

On paper,  the Seattle-San Diego looks like a more competiive game than the Kansas City- Denver game.    I would be surprised if the Chiefs had a realistic chance of winning in Denver come the 4th QTR.    The Seahawks are a great team but they usually aren't as dominant on the road than at home.

Having said all of this,  of course fans of the Chiefs and Broncos would prefer to watch that game.   As well as most Peyton Manning fans.    But for people w/o a horse in the race,  the Seahawks-Chargers game probably would appeal to a larger audience.

Quote:But are there really more Falcons fans than Jaguars fans in northwest Florida? I would not think so. If my geography is correct, Pensacola is closer to Jacksonville than Atlanta - only a four-hour drive.

The Falcons have been around since 1966,  which is 29 years longer than the Jaguars.  Also,  the Falcons have had more success starting in 2008.  While the Jaguars appear on the track for sustained success,   at present building the fan base to secondary markets and beyond is a work in progress. 

Quote:The Falcons have been around since 1966,  which is 29 years longer than the Jaguars.  Also,  the Falcons have had more success starting in 2008.  While the Jaguars appear on the track for sustained success,   at present building the fan base to secondary markets and beyond is a work in progress. 

And the Buccaneers have been around since 1976, so I would expect to see Tampa Bay fans in Pensacola. But the only time I was ever in the Panhandle was May 2001, so nobody wore NFL clothing.

Quote:And the Buccaneers have been around since 1976, so I would expect to see Tampa Bay fans in Pensacola. But the only time I was ever in the Panhandle was May 2001, so nobody wore NFL clothing.

I'm sure there are many Bucs fans in Pensacola.   As well as Falcons fans and Saints Fans.    Because the Jaguars haven't been around as long as the other 3 teams and haven't had recent success,    my guess is the Jaguars have a longer way to go to significantly penetrate that market.   If Blake Bortles becomes the QB that many,  including myself , think he can become over the next few seasons,   that will go along way in the Jaguars noticeably increasing their fan base in Pensacola.

Quote:I'm sure there are many Bucs fans in Pensacola.   As well as Falcons fans and Saints Fans.    Because the Jaguars haven't been around as long as the other 3 teams and haven't had recent success,    my guess is the Jaguars have a longer way to go to significantly penetrate that market.   If Blake Bortles becomes the QB that many,  including myself , think he can become over the next few seasons,   that will go along way in the Jaguars noticeably increasing their fan base in Pensacola.

Gosh I never thought about Saints fans! There probably are more of them in Texas living with Tinhorn fans.

On the Pensacola thing, the city basically only exists because of the military presence so it's pretty well distributed. Though out of the locals I'd have to say I've seen more Saints fans than anything by far.

But I agree with the above, we only get Jags games if we're playing someone they want to show. Sometimes not even then.