Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: "Olsen and House had different beliefs."

Quote:Un.......believable!I don't know what's worst learning that Blake is left handed and throws right.. Or having a idiotic Oc that doesn't want his player to get better.. Damn Caldwell.. Smh
Caldwell didn`t hire Olsen that was Gus.

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 05:54 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:lol here comes a warning
Man that's just wrong.   Everyone makes mistakes.  You should have let it go.  Was it worth your 15 seconds of fame?  What exactly did that prove?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:No more project qbs please
Unfortunately, they're all projects unless they're named Manning or Luck.  If the value's right, take one of the qb's in the mid-rounds and work on him.  I think Blake will be fine, though.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Yes, no one is saying he is top 3-5 (like those stats would say if we just went by those). But to say he is in the bottom 8? Get out of here. Watching games he looked very solid to me as most people thought too.

This past offseason there were questions who was better long term between Bortles and Carr. Like come on.

He is a bottom 8 QB.  I'm sure people with their teal colored glasses were discussing that.  Bortles just put out a really ugly season and you're defending him because he showed some promise in a subpar 2015 season? Yeah...OK.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 06:10 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:lol here comes a warning
your reported as well.  highlighting a coc violation is a warning as well. It is in fact a family friendly board.  Always has been. 

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 06:12 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:He is a bottom 8 QB.  I'm sure people with their teal colored glasses were discussing that.  Bortles just put out a really ugly season and you're defending him because he showed some promise in a subpar 2015 season? Yeah...OK.
This year? Sure.

In 2015? No. You go ahead and keep trolling if your going to keep drumming that up.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 06:15 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:This year? Sure.

In 2015? No. You go ahead and keep trolling if your going to keep drumming that up.
Ya know. I will go with 50/50 there.   Account of a lot of off play schemes.   Like we did our final game.  However can't hate on Blakes accomplishments as well.  Because he can only play against what they give him.   No control over it. 

#Gojags

[Image: 1h3atg.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:You lost all credibility when you used "QBR". 

Guess we should bring in Charlie Batch.  He had the best QBR of all time in a game.

I just looked up the all time best QBRs on ESPN.com and Charlie Batch is nowhere to be seen. It looks like ESPN saw that it was getting ridiculed for a 186, 2 INT game having the best QBR of all time and changed it. Very sneaky, ESPN.

Quote:Man that's just wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. You should have let it go. Was it worth your 15 seconds of fame? What exactly did that prove?

Lol 15 seconds of fame ? And I got reported for quoting ? Whoopeeeeeeeee!!

Quote:Lol 15 seconds of fame ? And I got reported for quoting ? Whoopeeeeeeeee!!
The point is a family friendly board.  It is not personal.  I do not agree with the quoted as well. 

#Gojags

Quote:Ya know. I will go with 50/50 there. Account of a lot of off play schemes. Like we did our final game. However can't hate on Blakes accomplishments as well. Because he can only play against what they give him. No control over it.

I fail to see how anyone can realistically have any other viewpoint. I don't care how you slice it, bad QBs who are utterly hopeless DO NOT put up numbers like Blake did last season with nor without "garbage time."

Did Gabbert, just for example, ever come close to sniffing anywhere near those stats? No.

Not one single person with the exception of the conspicuous-by-his-absence space cadet has ever implied that Bortles is infallible nor that he doesn't need a good bit of work. Numbers like he put up last season just don't come from hopeless QB prospects in my experience.

He might not make it to where he needs to be. We don't know that yet but he's had games where "it" has been on display. We just need a whole lot more of "it."
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Are you guys really going to let Bortles hoodwink you? The 2015 season that everyone loves to refer back to...well Bortles was 24th in QBR which means he still wasn't good. He seems to have a bevy of excuses for his play this year. The sooner we move on the better. I really hope our future coaching staff brings in some legit QB competition like Tyrod Taylor.
QBR? Hahahaha!!! What a trash stat.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Red flag ignored that he was OC for one of the worst offenses in the league the prior yr in Oakland.

I consider Oley to be a passing game genius, however, another red flag is that his offenses have always featured an absolutely pathetic running game. Simply put, he's totally clueless when it comes to running the ball. Oley would be a decent qb coach, and possibly great in the role of offensive passing game coordinator. You don't often see such a rule, but you do see run-game coordinators and it's not much different.

I understand Blake's reasoning for spending more time in CA, but clearly Oley was using sound reasoning as well to have him spend as much time as possible getting in-synch with his receivers in Jacksonville. It's just he shouldn't have left Blake to throw so much on his own without coaching. Therein lies the mistake.

'02

Quote:Unfortunately, they're all projects unless they're named Manning or Luck. If the value's right, take one of the qb's in the mid-rounds and work on him. I think Blake will be fine, though.
Luck? Luck??? That dude sucks! If he didn't succeed Peyton we aren't talking about him.

Quote:QBR? Hahahaha!!! What a [NO SYNONYM?] stat.
Now we are censoring the most common used word for garbage?????

Why can't we just hire one of those 2 guys to be the QB coach? So then they can be in Jax year round so he can throw to Arob,Hurns,Lee and etc.

Quote:Luck? Luck??? That dude sucks! If he didn't succeed Peyton we aren't talking about him.

Luck consistently has great looking stats with very few exceptions like when he played the Broncos or Texans. The guy is an elite qb, and the Colts are pretty much the Browns without him. Dude would put our roster totally over the top. I don't wee why you're hating on Luck.

'02

Quote:I consider Oley to be a passing game genius, however, another red flag is that his offenses have always featured an absolutely pathetic running game. Simply put, he's totally clueless when it comes to running the ball. 

I'm no big Olson supporter and I certainly don't tout him as a run-game guru (or any type of guru for that matter) but  Stephen Jackson won the NFL rushing title in Olson's offense with the Rams and rushed for over 1000 yards the following year as well with 100 less carries. 

Quote:Now we are censoring the most common used word for garbage?????

Call it the Jarrad Rule.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato