Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams made a huge mistake in 2013 Draft that was on display today vs. Vikings

Quote:As for Tavon Austin, I think the Rams tricked themselves into thinking he was a clone of Tory Holt.
A tiny Tory Holt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The difference is that the Seahawks were making a push for the Super Bowl and Darell Bevell had experience with Harvin as his offensive coordinator in Minnesota.  Harvin knew the offense before he arrived.  When he had the hip surgery, Bevell admitted that about 1/3 of the Seahawks playbook was scrapped.  This year in the draft, they told everybody that their draft was going to be O-Line heavy as a smoke screen, then they traded down out of the first round (giving Minny Teddy Bridgewater) and selected Paul Richardson out of Colorado.  Now, if Harvin gets injured, they still have a similar player who can run those plays.

Pete Carroll and John Scheider were probably looking ahead to this past draft that has been called "the deepest wide receiver draft in history" when they made that move.  These guys are really smart and work really well together.  I have no doubt that Cordarelle Patterson is going to be a better player in the long term.  But, the Bridgewater trade netted them Paul Richardson (after trading down again with the Lions) and Cassius March, then they used their own second round pick for starting right tackle Justin Brit.  

I think the Harvin trade greased the wheels for the Bridgewater trade.  There was a lot of bad blood between these two franchises over the Steve Hutchinson poison pill back in 2006.  The Seahawks have been the most forward thinking team about the ramifications of this new collective bargaining agreement since before the ink was dried on it.  They leave me screaming over cutting players like Benson Mayowa and seem to come out okay for it.

Ask the Denver Broncos is they thought Percy Harvin was worth it.

Great points.   The Steve Hutchinson-Nate Burleson's RFA signings certainly did cause major tension between the Seahawks and Vikings.

The Darrell Bavell connection is something I forgot about when responding earlier in this thread.

There have been a number of Seahawks draft decisions that didn't look good on paper when they were made but have turned out extremely well.    It's evident that their team brass values certain skill sets in players noticeably higher than other teams.   It also illustrates why the Seahawks were more than willing to cut their losses on DE Lawrence Jackson,  who was traded to the Lions for a 6th Round pick in the current regimes first summer in Seattle.   Not to mention moving on from Aaron Curry more quickly than most teams would have,  despite the previous regime drafting him with pick # 4 in 2009.

Until proven otherwise,  the Seahawks seem to be playing chess, while many,  if not most other teams,  are playing checkers.  

Quote:As I said on here several times Robinson was a 1 year wonder at Auburn in a run system. Auburn already has a tackle that is 6'6 320 taking his place and is stronger they say than Robinson.

Fisher is making some real mistakes lately. Robinson may work out though over the years to come.We will see. The Austin pick floored me. We got a similar pick in the 4th round just not as quick in Ace Sanders

While it's very early in Greg Robinson's career,  it has to be at least somewhat concerning that Robinson didn't even start on opening day.    This isn't a Blake Bortles type of situation,  as the QB position is unique.    Robinson did come in at LG in the 4th QTR against the Vikings because of an injury to Rodger Saffold.   Based on what the Rams had on the field yesterday at both Tackle and Guard positions,   Robinson must really have been struggling in the coaches minds for him not to be starting at one of the 4 positions.   

You might turn out to be correct about Robinson.  Sometimes,  measurables don't translate to the NFL.    If this happens,  it's hard to imagine Fisher surviving in St. Louis or wherever the Rams might be located in the future.  Assuming that he even lasts beyond this season,  as past draft mistakes are proving costly at present.

6'6 320 tackles don't grow on trees.  Unless they are really, really big trees.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 03:00 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:6'6 320 tackles don't grow on trees.  Unless they are really, really big trees.

6' 2", 220 lb WRs that run a 4.42 don't either.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder if things will change when they move to LA.

Hmmmm, the LA Rams does kind of have a ring to it now, doesn't it?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.