Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
offensive line is a huge problem

They need to add some decent run blockers at least

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes.

It's going to be a long year.  They can't run or pass block.  This is why they were trying to pay a fortune to Alex Mack. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

its' this guy

[Image: Jedd-Fisch.jpg]

We can just run down to the oline store and get a couple.....
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

I thought the o-line would of been worse.  The announcers raved about them.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:We can just run down to the oline store and get a couple.....

Or trade Cecil Shorts for multiple starters.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

OL is an issue but this shouldn't surprise anyone I hope. The talent is still a little thin there and what we do have will take some time to gel. They'll play better as time goes on. I thought the pass blocking was actually respectable overall today.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 05:22 PM by JesseJames.)

The OL was a known problem before the 2014 draft.  From the 2nd round on I kept thinking the next pick would be a center.  It didn't happen until the 6th round.    Sad

Quote:Or trade Cecil Shorts for multiple starters.

Who would trade multiple starters for Capt Hammy?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The OL was a known problem before the 2014 draft.  From the 2nd round on I kept thinking the next pick would be a center.  It never happened.   Sad

They tried for Mack, but yeah, I woulda thought a lineman somewhere in the draft.

I'm sure the team is scouring the waiver wires.

Last thing we need is to put in Bortles and get him killed.

I'm sure Henne wants Bortles in too after the whacks he got.
Blakes Life Matters

Hopefully McClendon gets better.  Beadles would pancake a guy on one play and whiff the next... if we wanted that we would have kept Uche.  Hopefully Pazstor comes back quickly.  Hopefully Bowanko develops quickly.

I feel like there are two pieces of the puzzle remaining before we become a really good team.  A better Oline and a really good corner.  They've done a great job filling all the other holes in just two offseasons.  I feel confident next year these other two needs will be fixed.

Quote:Who would trade multiple starters for Capt Hammy?

I forgot to tap the sarcasm button as you may have as well.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

start listening to this at 1:45 and you'll see what i'm saying about Fisch

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...85dc3b6a5b

Worst line in the league easily.

Hopefully Pasztor is ready to come back.  He isn't going to fix all of our issues of course, but there's really nowhere to go but up.