Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still cheating.

Looks like the cheatriots are hiding injuries. Take them draft picks Goodell.       

http://start.att.net/news/read/category/...io-rspnews

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Does anybody remember that guy on parole riding that lawn mower out on the field to get the snow out of the way back in the 70s or 80s? I don't remember what year it was but it was a playoff game and he moved the snow out of the way during a timeout, and the kicker made the field goal to win the game.

This team has been at it for decades.

Was there a rule against it? No, there wasn't.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Enough is enough. The league should strip them of this past season's Lombardi trophy and give it to the Falcons.

'02

Quote:Was there a rule against it? No, there wasn't.

I honestly don't know.

Again...no, there wasn't a rule against it.

The guy had been plowing the sidelines and 5-10 yard lines the whole game and on a pass along one of them he veered over and swept the area where the ball would be spotted. Crybaby Shula is still, haha, bellyaching over that one. The plow now hangs from the ceiling of the Patriots Museum. The operator, Mark Henderson, passed away just a couple of years ago.

Also, it was not a playoff game, it was a regular season game. Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

Seems like a punk move to clear the snow before a game winning FG. Normally the kicker clears his spot.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2017, 06:40 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:Again...no, there wasn't a rule against it.

The guy had been plowing the sidelines and 5-10 yard lines the whole game and on a pass along one of them he veered over and swept the area where the ball would be spotted. Crybaby Shula is still, haha, bellyaching over that one. The plow now hangs from the ceiling of the Patriots Museum. The operator, Mark Henderson, passed away just a couple of years ago.

Also, it was not a playoff game, it was a regular season game. Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

The line had already been cleared. Ron Meyer called a time out and told him where to clear the field. 

I find it hard to believe that the NFL didn't have governing rules for field conditions--even in the 80s.

Edit: I know you're saying that they didn't have rule forbidding it, but I'm curious if they had rules saying when or where to do it. 

Quote:Enough is enough. The league should strip them of this past season's Lombardi trophy and give it to the Falcons.
Really?  The hate is strong with this one.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Really?  The hate is strong with this one.

No... not really. ...I'm just sick of the guy cheating at any opportunity.

'02

There were no rules then- the "snow plow" rule went into effect the following year b/c of this incident and Shula's crying. Ron Meyer did tell the plow operator to clear the spot, nobody disputes that, but it wasn't against the rules. Shula could have asked for the same courtesy.

02- is that a serious comment? Why would the Commissioner give the trophy to the Falcons? The Falcons already gave it to the Patriots.

There a site called www.yourteamcheats.com which scores and ranks all the NFL teams in terms of their "cheating". I would call your attention to the Patriots who are ranked 17th on that list with a score of less than half of the elite cheaters, the #1 Denver Broncos. Oh, who could ever forget the Broncos paying their two Hall of Famers, Elway and Owens, under the table to circumvent the salary cap during their two Super Bowl years.

You want to take away a Lombardi Trophy? Start there. Denver's cheating the salary cap is far, far more egregious than anybody deflating footballs (unproven, BTW) or having the snowplow operator swipe the kicking area.

Also, the holier than thou Dolphins are ranked #9 on that list, the highly respecter Steelers are 3rd and the choir boy Jaguars are #31.

Quote:There were no rules then- the "snow plow" rule went into effect the following year b/c of this incident and Shula's crying. Ron Meyer did tell the plow operator to clear the spot, nobody disputes that, but it wasn't against the rules. Shula could have asked for the same courtesy.

02- is that a serious comment? Why would the Commissioner give the trophy to the Falcons? The Falcons already gave it to the Patriots.

There a site called www.yourteamcheats.com which scores and ranks all the NFL teams in terms of their "cheating". I would call your attention to the Patriots who are ranked 17th on that list with a score of less than half of the elite cheaters, the #1 Denver Broncos. Oh, who could ever forget the Broncos paying their two Hall of Famers, Elway and Owens, under the table to circumvent the salary cap during their two Super Bowl years.

You want to take away a Lombardi Trophy? Start there. Denver's cheating the salary cap is far, far more egregious than anybody deflating footballs (unproven, BTW) or having the snowplow operator swipe the kicking area.

Also, the holier than thou Dolphins are ranked #9 on that list, the highly respecter Steelers are 3rd and the choir boy Jaguars are #31.

I was just kidding PF.

'02