Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake is a lefty that throws right handed - part of his struggles?

I'm left handed and throw right handed better than I do left handed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It is strange to throw a baseball with one hand and a football with the other, but not impossible. I had to play baseball with my right hand a few times even though I prefer my left. I was naturally able to do it pretty well, but if I practiced it the mechanics would probably screw it up. Same with overcoaching a golf swing. So I could see it messing up Bortles even though he can naturally throw the ball well.

This whole thing about Bortles is really bizarre.  First it was just mechanics, then it was "I'm not a natural thrower," to now he never threw with his right hand because he usually uses his left hand?  I'm not saying this is all the causes of his blunders, however, Caldwell should have done more research and made a decision he was too much of a risk at the number 3 position.  Makes me think he saw the game tape of his last year at UCF, and claimed he was the guy, no matter what.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Well half the time he throws the football like a baseball with his right hand.

This is so ridiculous.  He threw the football with his right hand in high school.  I write left handed, golf left handed and throw right handed.  There are ton of baseball players that bat left handed and throw right handed.  The haters just want to reach for everything about the guy...he's a drunk, he's left handed, he's making excuses for injuries, etc., etc.  Does he have flaws that he needs to fix..yes.  Can he fix them..TBD.  Doesn't every QB not named Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers have warts and need to fix things? 

Quote:This is so ridiculous. He threw the football with his right hand in high school. I write left handed, golf left handed and throw right handed. There are ton of baseball players that bat left handed and throw right handed. The haters just want to reach for everything about the guy...he's a drunk, he's left handed, he's making excuses for injuries, etc., etc. Does he have flaws that he needs to fix..yes. Can he fix them..TBD. Doesn't every QB not named Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers have warts and need to fix things?
How dare you use rational thinking sir, how dare you.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:...

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);"> 

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">Perhaps some of Blake's struggle with mechanics is simply because he's not a "natural" right handed thrower.  Should that be the case, it's kind of frustrating that he wouldn't be more cognizant and place more emphasis on mechanics himself when working in the offseason.

I feel after watching the all-22 of several 2016 games that his footwork and hip-turn were the big differences in his 2015 semblance of form and his 2016 regression.

The left-handedness would certainly explain why, late in development, he is still battling odd tendencies with stepping into a right-handed throw.

In 2015 he was semi-consistent with the feet and hips. (not nearly consistent enough for long term success IMO - but showed awareness of it)

In 2016 he was all over the map with where his feet were upon release of the football.

It was much more inconsistent from week 2 until week 16 this season.  In weeks 1, 16 and 17 he showed more consistency with his feet. This will be a major hurdle for whomever is guiding him this offseason. 

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Just wow!

He throws a baseball left handed, but throws a football right handed.

No way he last in this league. Byron Leftwich's twin.

I don't think Bortles is our QB of the future but you have to admit it is quite impressive that he has made it this far.

He shows flashes of brilliance at times...and then other times, not so much.

I think he's still got a chance to be really good.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Just wow!

He throws a baseball left handed, but throws a football right handed.

No way he last in this league. Byron Leftwich's twin.
remember in London when he ran for a TD and then punted the ball into the stands? He kicked it with his left foot which at the time I thought was strange. Lol.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:This reminds me of my brother. He's technically left handed but for sports of any kind and playing video games, he favors his right.

When I was playing volleyball, I spent two years trying to make myself be able to hit left handed since I was a weak side hitter...that didn't go so well to put it mildly.
in video games he favors his right? I didnt know they made ps4 controllers for left handers lol

Quote:in video games he favors his right? I didnt know they made ps4 controllers for left handers lol

I'm old school...I wasn't talking about controllers but point duly noted.

Remember the old arcade fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat? He used to have to play those with his hands crossed as opposed to normal.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:remember in London when he ran for a TD and then punted the ball into the stands? He kicked it with his left foot which at the time I thought was strange. Lol.

I saw that

Quote:remember in London when he ran for a TD and then punted the ball into the stands? He kicked it with his left foot which at the time I thought was strange. Lol.
This is thread is so crazy people are confusing their left with their right.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...2e1ed5a84e

Rafa Nadal is right handed and plays left. I think us people who only have one side there for symmetry will never understand.

Quote:This is thread is so crazy people are confusing their left with their right.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Bortles-rushes-for-1-yard-TD/0c9b04c6-32aa-4157-b97a-482e1ed5a84e'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Bortles-rushes-for-1-yard-TD/0c9b04c6-32aa-4157-b97a-482e1ed5a84e</a>
Maybe I saw it in a mirror? Haha!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

I don't see it as that much of a problem.

I'm a lefty but I play golf, drums, throw right handed. I'm elite at all of those things.

Apart from golf and throwing.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...