Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hacker and Twigg

I've tried to listen to some of the sports talk radio around here, and I don't think that I've tuned a station for longer than 30 minutes or so.  I would rather listen to what is being provided on satellite radio, and that's not saying much.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hacker is awesome. Just ask him......

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I think he may have been a regular caller on Prisco's show, but not entirely sure. I know at least I've heard Pete mention T-wigg before he was on 1010xl.

He was regular on Prisco's show, especially around draft time. Met him at a couple draft parties put on by 930. Good guy who takes it very serious.

Quote:I've tried to listen to some of the sports talk radio around here, and I don't think that I've tuned a station for longer than 30 minutes or so.  I would rather listen to what is being provided on satellite radio, and that's not saying much.

What????  You didn't like Frangie/Ballou/Blaylock doing a full 2 hours on some concert they were seeing of some over the hill band, only interrupted by a pointless trivia question where they give percentages but never explain exactly what it is a percentage is for?  How could you turn your back on that????

Hacker is the Justin Bieber of talk radio.

Quote:What????  You didn't like Frangie/Ballou/Blaylock doing a full 2 hours on some concert they were seeing of some over the hill band, only interrupted by a pointless trivia question where they give percentages but never explain exactly what it is a percentage is for?  How could you turn your back on that????

Only to be interrupted by some college football writer that Frangie can refer to as "my buddy".

For awhile I couldn't STAND Hacker but he's grown on me.  I 110% like the additions of Wiggins.  I used to also dislike Prosser but he's grown on me.  I guess being the only local sports radio station helps.

BFD!

Huh

Quote:For awhile I couldn't STAND Hacker but he's grown on me.  I 110% like the additions of Wiggins.  I used to also dislike Prosser but he's grown on me.  I guess being the only local sports radio station helps.

BFD!

This is pretty much my take too.  1010/92.5 puts 930 to shame....so I look at it as good for them to at least trying to put a good product on the radio.

I like the combo of Hacker and T-Wigg.  Personally, I think Hacker is one of the best prepared and knowledgeable radio guys in town.  It's actually refreshing to see someone actually doing their homework and research prior to coming on the air.

I used to like Ballou but Frangie has brought him down.   The days when Ballou was on at noon ranting about how FSU needs to fire Bowden, start cheating, and win championships again used to have me rolling !!!

Now, as VistingCobra stated, they take up 30 minutes doing a 1 question trivia and assigning percentages that is meaningless to the listeners.

The only thing good about Frangie is the Jags hired him so he no longer says "My Steelers".   I'm working with the Marlins owner to hire him as well so he can quit saying "My Pirates"  --- dude never even lived in Pittsburgh.  We don't want him !!

Quote:I used to like Ballou but Frangie has brought him down.   The days when Ballou was on at noon ranting about how FSU needs to fire Bowden, start cheating, and win championships again used to have me rolling !!!

Now, as VistingCobra stated, they take up 30 minutes doing a 1 question trivia and assigning percentages that is meaningless to the listeners.

The only thing good about Frangie is the Jags hired him so he no longer says "My Steelers".   I'm working with the Marlins owner to hire him as well so he can quit saying "My Pirates"  --- dude never even lived in Pittsburgh.  We don't want him !!

Aren't the percentages thing the percentage he thinks they'll actually answer correctly?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I like the combo of Hacker and T-Wigg.  Personally, I think Hacker is one of the best prepared and knowledgeable radio guys in town.  It's actually refreshing to see someone actually doing their homework and research prior to coming on the air.

Isn't that like having a QB who is a film rat but can't throw the ball well?

Quote:Isn't that like having a QB who is a film rat but can't throw the ball well?

Hacker is the Blaine Gabbert of radio talk show hosts. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:What????  You didn't like Frangie/Ballou/Blaylock doing a full 2 hours on some concert they were seeing of some over the hill band, only interrupted by a pointless trivia question where they give percentages but never explain exactly what it is a percentage is for?  How could you turn your back on that????

I just snortled.

Not unlike the time Blaylock called The Smiths classic rock.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:He was a regular caller that actually brought some insight.  I believe he also interned there for a while to get some experience.

I would never put him in the same category as Joe-U or Ox.  Joe-U is a Miami homer that cant see through the bias, and Ox just calls in for a laugh. 

OX's celebrity sightings are comedy gold.

He ran into Dennis Rodman recently in an airport.

OX:  What's up Worm?

Worm: ...

OX:  Where you headed, North Korea?

Worm: [BLEEP] you

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:OX's celebrity sightings are comedy gold.

Worm:[BAD WORD REMOVED] you

That was arguably one of his better celebrity encounters.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:OX's celebrity sightings are comedy gold.

Worm: [BAD WORD REMOVED] you

Lol, I didnt hear that one.  That takes some guts to say to Rodman.

When he calls in though its usually pretty fun.  If you get him on the phone with Mr Ten, its good radio.

Quote:Lol, I didnt hear that one.  That takes some guts to say to Rodman.

When he calls in though its usually pretty fun.  If you get him on the phone with Mr Ten, its good radio.
Yeah, they've got their regulars who are entertaining for sure.  Then they've got Joe U. 

So Hacker will be doing a post game show for the Jaguars? Yuck.

Dempsey too?

Huh