Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hacker and Twigg

He honestly sounds like he is dying when on the play-by-play duty...

Or he just gives the gut-wrenching tone when the Jags score (just listen to one of our TDs in the previous game)...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 10:43 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Frangie is just awful

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...bf9acc32cb

;

;

Quote:Frangie is just awful

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...bf9acc32cb

OK, It's like, he's fine with the play-by-play (I guess).  But when anything exciting happens it's like ...   :mellow:

The only time you'll hear genuine excitement from Frangie is if Pittsburgh does something good when we play them. 

The more I hear him, the more convinced I am he's a one year blunder.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The only time you'll hear genuine excitement from Frangie is if Pittsburgh does something good when we play them. 

The more I hear him, the more convinced I am he's a one year blunder.
I sincerely hope so, for the Jags sake - and our sake...

The guy doesn't seem to be about Jaguars football. 

I've always stood up for Hacker about his voice and the topics he discusses.  Since the season began, I've started to turn on him.

They played the Bradley press conference during the show and after it was over he started calling him on saying any of the defensive players had a good game (he really only said Cyp and Poz had an ok game) and Hacker goes on a rant how that basically offends him.  Not sure what he was expecting a coach to say.  Was he waiting for names on who played bad?  We could all come up with that on our own.

Can we talk about Hacker's "feeling" that UF would beat Bama?  He didnt want to stay on that topic long, but boy did he point out his pick of Miss St to beat LSU.

Quote:I've always stood up for Hacker about his voice and the topics he discusses.  Since the season began, I've started to turn on him.

They played the Bradley press conference during the show and after it was over he started calling him on saying any of the defensive players had a good game (he really only said Cyp and Poz had an ok game) and Hacker goes on a rant how that basically offends him.  Not sure what he was expecting a coach to say.  Was he waiting for names on who played bad?  We could all come up with that on our own.

Can we talk about Hacker's "feeling" that UF would beat Bama?  He didnt want to stay on that topic long, but boy did he point out his pick of Miss St to beat LSU.

That was kind of weird.  It came across like they turned off the audio of the press conference so he could go on that rant.  Didn't bother me really, but I don't think his argument was very sound.  You can have 10 players play well and 1 player blow the whole thing up.  

Quote:That was kind of weird.  It came across like they turned off the audio of the press conference so he could go on that rant.  Didn't bother me really, but I don't think his argument was very sound.  You can have 10 players play well and 1 player blow the whole thing up.  

He just seems to go on rants now and has no base for them. 

Mike Dempsey is my favorite and always has been. He's a real Jaguar fan and gets frustrated and excited the same way we all do. I have a difficult time listening to Prosser/Hicken after a Jaguar game on Sunday to listen to them on Monday talking about the Gators!!! This is the most frustrating thing about 1010xl and it's still a problem. It's the official Jaguar station, get on board guys. Prosser - I just do not like him, he gets legit angry way too much. He needs to go. Lamm also needs to go. He sounds like a bitter old redneck. So out of touch. 

Agreed with the poster about Ballou. When he had his own show he was great. Now he just mirrors everything Frangie says. Also agree on T-Wigg. He's so much better than I expected him to be and way more knowledgable about sports than just about all of the other personalities. He's a great addition.

Quote:Yeah, they've got their regulars who are entertaining for sure.  Then they've got Joe U. 

Lol, I like Joe U only because he pisses Prosser off.

Quote:Mike Dempsey is my favorite and always has been. He's a real Jaguar fan and gets frustrated and excited the same way we all do. I have a difficult time listening to Prosser/Hicken after a Jaguar game on Sunday to listen to them on Monday talking about the Gators!!! This is the most frustrating thing about 1010xl and it's still a problem. It's the official Jaguar station, get on board guys. Prosser - I just do not like him, he gets legit angry way too much. He needs to go. Lamm also needs to go. He sounds like a bitter old redneck. So out of touch. 

Agreed with the poster about Ballou. When he had his own show he was great. Now he just mirrors everything Frangie says. Also agree on T-Wigg. He's so much better than I expected him to be and way more knowledgable about sports than just about all of the other personalities. He's a great addition.

I agree with most of what you said except Prosser and Hicken.  They talked Jaguars my whole trip to work....a caller went on a tangent about the Gators and they quickly brought it back to Jaguar talk.

This is still a huge Gator town and their first chance to talk college football is Monday, so it doesn'r surprise me thats what they talk about.

Mike Dempsey is the best by far and if you are into fantasy football, he knows his stuff.

I'm not the biggest Prosser fan, but there show works.  I think Hicken is hilarious.

I listen to most of them when I can. Which is usually the really early show with Dan, Jeff, and Balls. I don't mind the mid-morning folks. The evening team is cool too. I really don't have much to complain about honestly. It's better than no covergae. To be quite honest, I don't really like John Oesher man. Just don't think he's really all that great of a writer nor a talker on the radio. And it has nothing to do with Vic Ketchman being so awesome here for so many years. It just strictly has to do with him.....

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I listen to most of them when I can. Which is usually the really early show with Dan, Jeff, and Balls. I don't mind the mid-morning folks. The evening team is cool too. I really don't have much to complain about honestly. It's better than no covergae. To be quite honest, I don't really like John Oesher man. Just don't think he's really all that great of a writer nor a talker on the radio. And it has nothing to do with Vic Ketchman being so awesome here for so many years. It just strictly has to do with him.....
I've really come to like Johnny O. I think he's settled in here nicely and has a really good rapport with Jags fan via Twitter, etc. He's also got a pretty good sense of humor. He routinely uses the same Jags slang as the BCB peeps and the like. I'll admit, I was pretty distraught (that may be a lil overboard) when Vic left and didn't even read Jags.com for the longest time, but I've gotten on board with him. I also really, really like the beat writer, Ryan O'Halloran a lot. He's such an upgrade of drunk Tanya. Hays Carlton is also good.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 07:45 AM by Kotite.)

Hacker is atrocious. T Wigg should run that show. He good. Martineau is still the worst. He is pure filler. Brings nothing to the table.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Hacker is atrocious. T Wigg should run that show. He good. Martineau is still the worst. He is pure filler. Brings nothing to the table.

The more I listen to Marineau, the more I realize he doesn't really know much about sports. Guys like Hicken, Ballou and Frangie can recall players and stats from 30 years ago. Martineau doesn't even know player names from 10 years ago. Definitely a journalist who happens to cover sports.

Quote:I'm not the biggest Prosser fan, but there show works.  I think Hicken is hilarious.
I am with you. I like the dynamics of the show. It just works. "Balls" Davis is also pretty good as the producer (I guess). He chimes in quite often. Knowledgeable and witty, adds to the overall show. I still hate the name "The Drill" though.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I am with you. I like the dynamics of the show. It just works. "Balls" Davis is also pretty good as the producer (I guess). He chimes in quite often. Knowledgeable and witty, adds to the overall show. I still hate the name "The Drill" though.

I disagree about Balls.  I honestly don't understand why they even give him a mike.  He just repeats what's already being said in different words.  And that's all he does the entire show.  I don't get it.  

Cacker and twig stoking the flames of fan discontent today......big time.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.