Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mikel Leshoure cut

Somebody will scoop him up. He is 24 years old and only two years removed from an 800+ yard, 9 touchdown season (in 13 games).

Could be an interesting backup option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a fan. 

He averages sub 4 YPC (3.7 to be exact). Big and plodding. 

I don't see him as an upgrade to what we already have. 

If we add a RB, I'd rather it be Josey or Ryan Williams. 

Actually.....after further review, not sure if I'd want Josey here....can you imagine all the references to "Josey and the pussycats" Wallbash 

I'd be interested in Ryan Williams, too.

You love injury plagued running backs
;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You love injury plagued running backs

What's your definition of plagued?

Williams could be described as injury plagued, but not really Leshoure.

Unless the Jaguars are looking for insurance for Toby Gerhart or are concerned about Gerhart having too big of a load,  I don't think Leshoure is a good fit for the Jaguars.    Leshoure was essence insurance for Joique Bell last season and was on the Game Day inactive list far more often than he was on the Game Day roster.   The reason being,  Leshoure doesn't offer enough on Special Teams.  

This season,  the Lions just didn't have the luxury of keeping Leshoure on the 53 man roster.   Former Jaguars FB/ RB Montell Owens thankfully made the 53 man roster,  at least through today.  Owens is invaluable on Special Teams and he's a more versatile  RB.    The Lions released RB George Winn today and will very likely be on the Practice Squad if he goes unclaimed on waivers.    While Leshoure has somewhat better running skills than Winn,  it's not be enough to offset the fact that Winn is a better receiver and better Special Teams player.   While it's possible Winn will be claimed off waivers or eventually offered a contract by another team while on the Lions P.S.,  I think the likelihood of the Lions being able to turn to him made it easier to release Leshoure.

Mikel Leshoure can help a team that needs an in between the tackles RB.  But it should be a team that doesn't have to count on him on Special Teams or to be an asset as a receiver.   He needs to be in a 1-2 tandem,  with being the # 2 a better fit for what he offers.    Unfortunately,  the torn achilles tendon Leshoure suffered as a rookie in training camp back in 2011 might have robbed him of some of his skills.   Also,  there are times when Leshoure needs to be more decisive as a runner and he also fumbled too much back in 2012.