Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Officially official Roster Cuts***

I think Winston is probably done
;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 02:29 PM by TJBender.)

I don't think the Law Firm would bring anything to this offense that Todman can't. An old, slow back who's climbed over the hill and is now free-falling down the other side is not an upgrade over a younger player who's been productive as a pro. 29 is ancient for most running backs.

A.Q. Shipley is an intriguing cut. He's played center and guard and started a bunch of games for the Ravens last year. He could come in and provide decent depth. Trevor Robinson, a center from the Bengals who's got some starting experience, was also cut. I don't think the Jaguars will find any immediate help or an upgrade over Bowanko, but either one of those guys could be the depth along the interior that we lost when Brewster took a dump in his helmet.

Quote:Kapri Bibbs was released by the Broncos. Very, very talented young back from Colorado State.
A guy I wanted in the 7th round. He can easily become an MJD clone with some work

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Shembo from Notre Dame I believe

Yeah he's not really a guy you want in space, defending just about any skill player. 

I have no idea who Winston is, just posted it as an update. Schefter said in his tweet he was projected to be the starter, which is sorta alarming since he was released. Reminds me of Brewster lol.

Shipley is probably worth a look
;

;

Quote:I have no idea who Winston is, just posted it as an update. Schefter said in his tweet he was projected to be the starter, which is sorta alarming since he was released. Reminds me of Brewster lol.
He used to be a pretty good tackle for the Texans, but age and (IIRC) injuries caught up with him. Being the president of the NFLPA won't win him any favor in the GM's office either.

Jags have an hour and a half to release 3 more people right?

Correct. Not unusual that we haven't heard yet. Most teams drag it out to the bitter end, presumably so that they can try and work a last-second trade for one of the guys they're cutting. Makes me wonder if the Jaguars dropped everyone that there was no interest in yesterday, but are squatting on a few guys that one or more teams are intrigued by.

Sounds like Sherrod Martin gone. Prosinski survives?
;

;

Yup Martin cut.

Along with Kerry Taylor.

Quote:Sounds like Sherrod Martin gone. Prosinski survives?

Prosinski making the cut while missing tackles. 

No surprises there. One more move left. Stupar or JT Thomas.
;

;

Ian Rapport said Taylor was our last move per BCC. Idk how that's so if we've only released 2 today?

Quote:No surprises there. One more move left. Stupar or JT Thomas.
I want to keep both of them

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Ian Rapport said Taylor was our last move per BCC. Idk how that's so if we've only released 2 today?

With Ace Sander's suspension that takes the roster down to 53

Quote:With Ace Sander's suspension that takes the roster down to 53

They were at 57, including Sanders.
;

;

Quote:I want to keep both of them
Your wish has been granted.

Quote:who is #53 on the Falcons? lol If thats a low round pick or UDFA, he's likely gone, now. 
Prince Shembo - 4th round pick

Prosinski is hogging a roster spot for a safety that doesn't suck in coverage. Today I am sad.