Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Officially official Roster Cuts***

Quote:I know Stanzi & Harbor were claimed off waivers around this time last year.

JT Thomas, Winston Guy, and Jacques MacClendon too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Guy, Harbor, McClendon and Thomas are still here. Decent additions.

Michael Sam cut, LEO

Lol jk

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Stupar waived?  It's a black day in Jaguar history.

don't see how Fleming didn't make it

Quote:Jacksonville picked up receiver Stephen Burton (Minnesota), defensive back Winston Guy (Seattle), tight end Clay Harbor (Philadelphia), guard Jacques McClendon (Atlanta), linebacker Chris McCoy (Philadelphia), linebacker J.T. Thomas (Chicago) and tight end D.J. Williams (Green Bay).

Wow 7 claims last year. 

I predict 3 claims this year, with at least one of those being on the OL. 

No real surprises to me so far.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:don't see how Fleming didn't make it

I thought he was better at CB than Harris. It's probably due to ST.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

They let Nate Stupar go? I thought he played his butt off and did a pretty good job for preseason. I was really hoping he'd be on the team. Bummer.

Quote:They let Nate Stupar go? I thought he played his butt off and did a pretty good job for preseason. I was really hoping he'd be on the team. Bummer.
He got caught in the numbers game, OL injuries forced us to cut some guys who would have stuck

I hope to bring in a RB and vet OL guy, cut Todman and Wells 

I'm surprised Johnson/Todman didn't get cut.

I thought they liked Stupar.  I guess not.  

I'm intrigued by AQ Shipley.  I suppose there is the fear he is another Brewster... a good college player that just isnt big enough or strong enough for the NFL.  But his struggles were more at G.  I was under the impression he was better at center.  I cant imagine he is worse than McClendon.  Shipley may not be a longterm answer but might be a good alternative for one season.

haha, I will say I enjoy the continued amazement at Prosinski making the team.  You dont want him as your starter obviously but he can play a number of positions in the secondary and is a solid special teamer.  Thats how you make a team as a backup... versatility and special teams.  Plus he does make good plays but not sure he gets the credit for it.  For example in the preseason game against Atlanta, he deserves part of the credit for Ryan Davis' sack near the goaline.  The LT tried to cut Davis because the throw was supposed to be quick.  The QB couldnt throw it however because Prosinski playing safety read it and jumped the route.  The QB had to hold on to it which allowed Davis to get the sack.  Now watch Prosinski get cut as they pick up a few players on waivers...

Quote:He got caught in the numbers game, OL injuries forced us to cut some guys who would have stuck

I hope to bring in a RB and vet OL guy, cut Todman and Wells 

It was no numbers game with Stupar.  He was missing plays left and right, and a big reason our defense couldn't stop runs.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm surprised Johnson/Todman didn't get cut.

I'm not surprised Storm made the 53. I pretty much guaranteed it weeks ago. 

The TMD guarantee. It's the surest thing around.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Henne cut.

Don't tell us stuff like that without posting a link. After all we heard David Caldwell and Gus Bradley say about redshirting Blake Bortles, I need to see it to believe it.

Quote:Don't tell us stuff like that without posting a link. After all we heard David Caldwell and Gus Bradley say about redshirting Blake Bortles, I need to see it to believe it.

Gullible.

Quote:OK, FloridaWoman...

I did not say anything about wanting Allen Hurns gone. What are you talking to me for?

What I do want is an end to unlinked reporting.

Quote:Yeah 3 more cuts plus Ace suspended.

What about Justin Blackmon suspended? Doesn't  that make 55 players since he has not been cut?

Quote:What about Justin Blackmon suspended? Doesn't  that make 55 players since he has not been cut?

Well yea but Blackmon doesnt even care about football anymore