Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good Appliance Repair

Anyone have an appliance repair company they use that is a locally owned company?  My washing machine won't spin and with a couple of kids, I need to get this bad boy fixed asap.  

I would prefer to avoid going to Sears or some corporate store.  If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.  Now I need to go catch up on the epic "Who is Andrew Luck" thread in the AFC South  forum.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Anyone have an appliance repair company they use that is a locally owned company?  My washing machine won't spin and with a couple of kids, I need to get this bad boy fixed asap.  

I would prefer to avoid going to Sears or some corporate store.  If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.  Now I need to go catch up on the epic "Who is Andrew Luck" thread in the AFC South  forum.
Theres a place across from Sports Academy on Blanding that will help. They sell parts and know their stuff. There are two in that area. One may be AA Appliances? Maybe you can fix it? If not..Sears outlet, maybe.Cant tell kids to not get dirty..well...you can..but thats like telling Gabby not to throw an int ( why did I bring that up?)

Blakes Life Matters

If you're feeling adventurous you can always try appliance parts pro, they usually have videos on how to replace the part and a free troubleshooter.  My washer would shake badly, while sounding like a turbine and then give me an error, went to their site, found out the problem, paid $90 something including the shipping, watched the video as I did it, all in all a good experience (most of the repair places I called wanted $50 just for the diagnostic, not even talking about parts or labor, screw that.) 

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 08:29 PM by homebiscuit.)

I've never paid a repairman to do anything in my house (at least when I'm not on the road and something breaks down, which is usually not the case).  This is where I buy my parts, unless it's needed urgently.  Interestingly, the last couple of parts I've purchased ship from Jacksonville.

http://www.partselect.com/

Quote:If you're feeling adventurous you can always try appliance parts pro, they usually have videos on how to replace the part and a free troubleshooter.  My washer would shake badly, while sounding like a turbine and then give me an error, went to their site, found out the problem, paid $90 something including the shipping, watched the video as I did it, all in all a good experience (most of the repair places I called wanted $50 just for the diagnostic, not even talking about parts or labor, screw that.) 
Same here, only with my dryer.. Bought a belt and a tensioner for about $50.00 from applianceparts.com, IIRC. Came with written instructions and the belt installation diagram. I found a better diagram on the interweb and replaced both the tensioner and belt. Dryer still works like a charm 3 years later.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!