Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jerry Sullivan could reclamate Stephen Hill?.....

Quote:Sanders, easily. Doss handling punts makes that happen. 

Basically what I was going to say. If I could bring Hill in for a look and he got Sullivan's approval I'd cut Sanders in a second for Hill. They're like polar opposites talent-wise.

Sanders is an undersized guy with underwhelming speed and a penchant for drops while Hill is a physical specimen with great size and speed even if he doesn't have great hands, either, I'd be willing to spend time trying to develop a guy like that because the payoff could be huge. Sanders will never be a big payoff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lets not act as if Ace has been that impressive. He caught a fair number of passes last year but also had a sub 10 YPA and broke the least number of tackles of any WR in 2013. (at least that was claimed on here by someone)....

Add to that the 4 game suspension, and the arrival of Tandon Doss who is a better returner, and you have a scenario where Sanders is expendable in a case of adding potential like Hill.

If you're basing this on potential then your money is on the wrong horse. Again Sanders has done more in his rookie year than Hill has since entering the league. Hill has shown diddly squat.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hill is trash.  No thanks. 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:25 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Basically what I was going to say. If I could bring Hill in for a look and he got Sullivan's approval I'd cut Sanders in a second for Hill. They're like polar opposites talent-wise.

Sanders is an undersized guy with underwhelming speed and a penchant for drops while Hill is a physical specimen with great size and speed even if he doesn't have great hands, either, I'd be willing to spend time trying to develop a guy like that because the payoff could be huge. Sanders will never be a big payoff.

Articulated well. :thumbsup: 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If you're basing this on potential then your money is on the wrong horse. Again Sanders has done more in his rookie year than Hill has since entering the league. Hill has shown diddly squat.

Hill has shown diddly squat? They have about the same number of catches. Hill has more TD's. YPA is way higher. Sanders is a midget, who's not fast and doesn't break tackles...thus what you see is pretty much the ceiling of what you're going to get. .......AAAAAAAND he's now 1 strike away from being suspended a year. 

Quote:Hill has shown diddly squat? They have about the same number of catches. Hill has more TD's. YPA is way higher. Sanders is a midget, who's not fast and doesn't break tackles...thus what you see is pretty much the ceiling of what you're going to get. .......AAAAAAAND he's now 1 strike away from being suspended a year. 

The same number of catches....... What does Hill have on Sanders?  like 3 years in the league? 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:32 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The same number of catches....... What does Hill have on Sanders?  like 3 years in the league? 

This upcoming year is Hill's 3rd, no? (its Sanders' 2nd....so one more year, big whoop) 

I know he's only played in 2012 and 2013. Unless 2011 was some sort of redshirt year due to injury.

Quote:Hill has shown diddly squat? They have about the same number of catches. Hill has more TD's. YPA is way higher. Sanders is a midget, who's not fast and doesn't break tackles...thus what you see is pretty much the ceiling of what you're going to get. .......AAAAAAAND he's now 1 strike away from being suspended a year. 

Yes, something I left out, Sanders has shown a disregard for the good of the team and put his own interests in getting high ahead of his career.

As far as I know Hill doesn't currently have that issue.

Considering the guys currently on the roster Sanders might already be out of a job no matter what.

With Hurns, Shorts, Lee, Doss, and Brown the team already has 5 reliable guys at the position. Sanders is expendable.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:34 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:This upcoming year is Hill's 3rd, no? (its Sanders' 2nd....so one more year, big whoop) 

I know he's only played in 2012 and 2013. Unless 2011 was some sort of redshirt year due to injury.

Your right.  This will be his third year. 

But still.  The midget who can't catch and can't break tackles has one less career reception.  In one less year. 

Weren't they pretty much the worst WR corps in the league last season and he couldn't make that squad?

Rumor is that they tried to trade him already and nobody wanted him.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Your right.  This will be his third year. 

But still.  The midget who can't catch and can't break tackles has one less career reception.  In one less year. 

And Hill was playing in the NFL's version of "Offense Hell".

If you're a promising offensive rookie, you do NOT want to play for a Rex Ryan coached team.  He's just like his father in that regard. Great defensive mind, clueless on offense. 

Look at how well Mark Sanchez is playing now that he's outta that mess. 

Hill is someone you bring in at the beginning of camp, not the end. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to bring in a player to develop at this point.

He's not worth a spot on the 53 man roster.

So this thread is really more about getting rid of Ace than picking up Hill.

Quote:And Hill was playing in the NFL's version of "Offense Hell".

If you're a promising offensive rookie, you do NOT want to play for a Rex Ryan coached team.  He's just like his father in that regard. Great defensive mind, clueless on offense. 
Yeah the Jags offense was waayyyy better considering the had Gabbert and Henne at the helm. 

Quote:Yeah the Jags offense was waayyyy better considering the had Gabbert and Henne at the helm. 

As bad as the Jags were, they weren't as clueless on offense as Rex Ryan and the Jets. 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:39 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So this thread is really more about getting rid of Ace than picking up Hill.

No one would even be talking about moving on from Ace if the opportunity of getting Hill didn't present itself, so....

WHIFF. 

I guess you're just mad since I'm making a good case here for Hill. 

Not to mention Hill cant seem to stay healthy. He's had knee issues since his rookie year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hill sucks. 

/thread

Quote:As bad as the Jags were, they weren't as clueless on offense as Rex Ryan and the Jets. 
Jets were 25th and Jags were 31st last year on offense, both were at least equally terrible.

If the Jags really wanted to to bring in a physical freak would can't catch a lick they should have just signed DHB during the offseason.