Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jerry Sullivan could reclamate Stephen Hill?.....

Quote:Jets were 25th and Jags were 31st last year on offense, both were at least equally terrible.

Yeah, but imagine how good the Jaguars would have been if they had Stephen Hill. Ninja

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:49 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Jets were 25th and Jags were 31st last year on offense, both were at least equally terrible.

I know the Jags ranking.....I'm talking about philosophy....you do NOT want to go to the Jets if you're a rookie offensive player needing quality development. Ryan is like Del Rio regarding offense, probably worse. 

Quote:If the Jags really wanted to to bring in a physical freak would can't catch a lick they should have just signed DHB during the offseason.

Bey has been in the league longer....less of a chance for reclamation. 

Quote:No one would even be talking about moving on from Ace if the opportunity of getting Hill didn't present itself, so....

WHIFF.

I guess you're just mad since I'm making a good case here for Hill.

Hill is the 4th WR for the Jets. Has terrible hands, trouble separating, and is injury prone. I'm not sure how getting him is an "opportunity"

What if we promised to give NYJ their choice of one of our top five UDFA's in 2016? I think that would be fair.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:No one would even be talking about moving on from Ace if the opportunity of getting Hill didn't present itself, so....

WHIFF.

I guess you're just mad since I'm making a good case here for Hill.
You are?
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:53 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Hill is the 4th WR for the Jets. Has terrible hands, trouble separating, and is injury prone. I'm not sure how getting him is an "opportunity"

Sanchez was inaccurate, had bad pocket presence, and a rag arm with the Jets....

Amazing what a change of scenery outta that offensive hell hole can do. 

Give Jerry Sullivan Stephen and I think he's salvageable. Its certainly worth the (not much risk) of the expense of a player like Sanders. 

While we are waiting for Stephen Hill to be released, any chance Jerry Sullivan could go visit Tiny Tim and see if he can cure him?

I wonder if we can trade Shorts for him straight up......

Quote:I wonder if we can trade Shorts for him straight up......
Only if Mangold is included. 

Quote:Sanchez was inaccurate, had bad pocket presence, and a rag arm with the Jets....

So unlike the dud we have penciled in to start week 1.

Quote:Only if Mangold is included. 
Dunno, we might have to throw in Brewster too, not sure if I'm ok with that

Quote:Dunno, we might have to throw in Brewster too, not sure if I'm ok with that
Seems like the Jets would jump all over that one. 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 10:59 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So unlike the dud we have penciled in to start week 1.

A Stephen Hill addition wouldn't be about the near term. 

Are some of you that short sighted?

Quote:A Stephen Hill addition wouldn't be about the near term. 

So not only are we trading for Hill we are signing him on a long term deal?

I'm sure you've already gotten him Pro Bowl accolades when you traded for him on your Jaguars dynasty team in Madden, but in the real world, he is just a guy who has measurables he has never been able to put together.

Quote:So not only are we trading for Hill we are signing him on a long term deal?

You're quite the extremist aren't you?

Theres quite a gap between game 1 and long term deal. 

The point is by the time Bortles is starting, Hill could be on the right track by then with the tutilidge of Sullivan/ Fisch. Could have a strong 2nd half of the season. 

Quote:A Stephen Hill addition wouldn't be about the near term. 

Regardless of who was throwing him the ball, guys like Jeremy Kerley and David Nelson were more productive.

Even though Sullivan is a great coach, not sure you can coach hands, either have it or you don't

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 11:08 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:You're quite the extremist aren't you?

Theres quite a gap between game 1 and long term deal. 

The point is by the time Bortles is starting, Hill could be on the right track by then with the tutilidge of Sullivan/ Fisch. Could have a strong 2nd half of the season. 

Hill Blows.  Move on. 

Quote:I doubt this regime is going to cut one of their draft picks 1 year in, who's done more in 1 year than Hill has his entire career.
You're not going to get a ding ding ding for that one. 

It's ridiculous to suggest trading for a player 2 weeks before the season starts hoping that a receiver the OP describes as injury prone with stone hands is worth the time and energy required to "reclaim" him.  Sorry. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]