Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jerry Sullivan could reclamate Stephen Hill?.....

Quote:Did you guys even read the article? He isn't blaming the media for being cut. All he said was that the media exaggerated his drops. Heck, the headline of the article is:

"Stephen Hill: Media exaggerated how many passes I dropped".

Hill dropped ONE pass in 2013 and has a lower career drop % than Cecil Shorts. The media did exaggerate how many passes Hill dropped. That is it. That is all. Nothing more was said in the linked article.

Please.  Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

All that means is that he (probably under the direction of his agent) is using the media as an excuse for nobody else recognizing his (self) perceived "greatness."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A thread about John Henderson's toe nail clippings would be infinitely more entertaining than this thread.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Please.  Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

All that means is that he (probably under the direction of his agent) is using the media as an excuse for nobody else recognizing his (self) perceived "greatness."
No wonder TMD is such a fan! 

They're kindred spirits.  They tell everyone how good they are, but nobody sees it. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:A thread about John Henderson's toe nail clippings would be infinitely more entertaining than this thread.

He uses them as part of his secret recipe for the chicken wings at Crumpy's. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Please.  Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

Based on posts in this thread fueled by the media's coverage of Stephen Hill, how many drops would you have expected from Hill in 2013? Surely more than 1.....

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014, 04:10 PM by roycee.)

I found this pretty funny.

Quote: 

Last season, his first in the NFL, Hill dropped six of the 27 catchable passes thrown to him, according to the scouting and statistical firm Pro Football Focus. His "drop rate" of 22.2% was the highest of any wide receiver with as many opportunities.

Quote: 

I only dropped three balls last year," said Hill

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10...1708597090

The guy refuses to take responsibility lol

Quote:Based on posts in this thread fueled by the media's coverage of Stephen Hill, how many drops would you have expected from Hill in 2013? Surely more than 1.....

I'm not concerned about what posters think, and have no idea what the media says about Hill.

What I do know, is that so far he hasn't impressed.  Not me, not the coaches, and apparently not those you mentioned, either.

You're focusing on a shiny object, while dismissing the underlying truth.

So far, he simply hasn't been good.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

All the physical tools in the world but completely ineffective on the field.

Stephen Hill is the Blaine Gabbert of receivers.

Quote:All the physical tools in the world but completely ineffective on the field.

Stephen Hill is the Blaine Gabbert of receivers.
Thats low...

Quote:Stephen Hill is the Blaine Gabbert of receivers.
Why don't you just insult the guy's mother? That'd hurt less...

I watched the guy's last preseason game. He played the entire first half, 2 balls thrown to him with one catch and one drop (hit him square in the chest).

And his catching was more impressive than his route running. 

31 pages for an athlete? Hill is not a gamer

Quote:I'm not concerned about what posters think, and have no idea what the media says about Hill.

What I do know, is that so far he hasn't impressed.  Not me, not the coaches, and apparently not those you mentioned, either.

You're focusing on a shiny object, while dismissing the underlying truth.

So far, he simply hasn't been good.

Why lie, pirkster? No where have I denied that Stephen Hill has been bad. I'm as aware of that as anybody. All I've said is that he has elite measurables and we have an elite coach who might be able to make those measurables NFL relevant. Is it likely? No.... but that's why it's called a flier.

Dave has clearly said in the past he looks for football players more than measurables.  This guy isn't a football player.

Quote:I watched the guy's last preseason game. He played the entire first half, 2 balls thrown to him with one catch and one drop (hit him square in the chest).

And his catching was more impressive than his route running. 
But he has elite measurables. 

Sullivan can coach "Stone Hands" into being a pass catching machine. 

He's got "elite WR ceiling potential."

Of course, 30 other teams looked at him on the street and thought he wasn't worth pursuing.  Carolina, a team that's hurting for receiver talent, didn't jump right away either.  It took them a day or so to decide if he was worthy of a practice squad slot.  That's elite. 

After Avant was released, Hill still not activated, LOL

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-a...ogbonnaya/