Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Played with Wrist Tendonitis and Two Shoulder Separations

Quote: 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18395...t-shoulder

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Bortles told ESPN he suffered a Grade 1 sprain to his AC joint against Tennessee on Oct. 27 and then aggravated the injury against Detroit on Nov. 20. A Grade 1 sprain is the mildest form of a separated shoulder, and Bortles said he will not need offseason surgery.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">He also said the right wrist tendinitis that developed late in the season was more of a hindrance than the shoulder injury."

There's still something we're not being told as I suspect the initial injury occurred in the Raiders game, and possibly late in the Bears win.

I'm looking at the schedule, but Titans game wasn't until week 8. Something is amiss here. After their bye they beat the Bears, but I recall thinking in that game that something didn't look right with his arm in the final five minutes. The next week they played the Raiders and I knew something was wrong.The Titans game was the following week when he says the he suffered the AC-sprain, but I suspect he was already hurt and the hit in Tennessee just made it worse. The Lions game he hurt it even more.

It might help to go over the schedule...

1. Packers - Bortles played solid game with 8.2 YPA ... Jags win game if it weren't for refs

2. at Chargers - Jags whooped in typical West Coast fashion but nothing wrong with Bortles who had 329 yards on 50 attempts

3. Ravens - Bortles struggled, but Jags would have won game if it weren't for so many penalties ... Ravens played tough defensively

4. Colts in London - one of Blake's best games with 96.4 rating. Jaguars pull off critical division win and Khan is happy.

5. bye

6. at Bears - Bears stifle Jaguars run, but Jaguars win as Blake again posts an 8.2 YPA. The Jaguars were down 0-13 going into the fourth quarter, but ended up winning 17-16. Blake's arm is whacked late in the fourth quarter causing a fumble, and I wonder about this play because after that, Blake only threw shorter passes. Even the 51-yard TD to Benn was a short pass that Benn took off with. Ramsey would seal the win with a key pass defense.

7. Raiders - Blake looked bad from the start ending up with a couple picks and a 58.9 rating. Calls for Henne to arose during the game, and after the game I talked about benching Blake for a couple weeks to rest his arm while seeing what Allen can do.

8. at Titans - this is the game he said he got hurt in, although I thought he was hurt going into the game. He had 54 attempts in this loss.

The Lions game was three weeks later.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:His mechanics have looked so much better the last two games -- and *gasp* he actually threw some nice spirals. This would make sense, and I suspect his already fragile mechanics suffered for it.

Yeah, but he still can't throw a fade pass.

'02

I said this during the season when it was obvious his arm was dead. But Gus was fighting for his job so he kept throwing Blake in there despite the season being over instead of letting him heal on the bench. Gus was coaching for Gus, not the Jaguars.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I said this during the season when it was obvious his arm was dead. But Gus was fighting for his job so he kept throwing Blake in there despite the season being over instead of letting him heal on the bench. Gus was coaching for Gus, not the Jaguars.

I know... if Blake just had two weeks off to rest the arm, I'm sure he'd have come back from it slinging the ball around and looking good. What this team needs is more competence at the top spot. We shouldn't have fans like ourselves out-thinking the HC.

'02

Quote:I said this during the season when it was obvious his arm was dead. But Gus was fighting for his job so he kept throwing Blake in there despite the season being over instead of letting him heal on the bench. Gus was coaching for Gus, not the Jaguars.

Well it resulted in Gus getting fired so I guess it worked out
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So 1 of 2 things happened that kept Broke Bortles playing all season while injured. Either the coaching staff was not privy to his injuries, and he didn't disclose them, or they knew about his injuries but kept him playing, despite the pitiful performance. Either way, the coaches are idiots.

How could they not know the extent of his injuries? Was he only injured on game days? They had to see it during practice. If they couldn't tell something was wrong during practice, it either wasn't as serious as Blake let on after the season, or those closest to him were too busy on their cell phones to notice.

But I feel they had to know, even if Blake didn't say anything. His weekly performance was telling. And this team had no solution for a QB who apparently was suffering every Sunday. Why did we even have the backup QB's activated each week? There is one to "push" Bortles for the starting QB role. This might be Blake's biggest "deterioration" issue.

Quote:So 1 of 2 things happened that kept Broke Bortles playing all season while injured. Either the coaching staff was not privy to his injuries, and he didn't disclose them, or they knew about his injuries but kept him playing, despite the pitiful performance. Either way, the coaches are idiots.

How could they not know the extent of his injuries? Was he only injured on game days? They had to see it during practice. If they couldn't tell something was wrong during practice, it either wasn't as serious as Blake let on after the season, or those closest to him were too busy on their cell phones to notice.

But I feel they had to know, even if Blake didn't say anything. His weekly performance was telling. And this team had no solution for a QB who apparently was suffering every Sunday. Why did we even have the backup QB's activated each week? There is one to "push" Bortles for the starting QB role. This might be Blake's biggest "deterioration" issue.

If Bortles was so injured and the coaches are such idiots why did Bortles look much better in week 16 and week 17? Perhaps the new staff will need to find a way to keep him injured.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.