Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Played with Wrist Tendonitis and Two Shoulder Separations

Quote:Wouldn't be the first time a team has done that, but the NFL does frown upon it, so hopefully nothing comes of it.

Hopefully, but there's always a chance that ole Roger G. gets a wild hair up his [BLEEP] and penalize us a draft pick. That would not be good with us having the 4th pick every round and losing an early one.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Guy had shoulder seperations and tendonitis and instead of pulling him in a losing season we let him keep chucking 40 times a game

Our franchise is absolutely inept, they have no idea what theyre doing.

Agreed.

Quote:Guy had shoulder seperations and tendonitis and instead of pulling him in a losing season we let him keep chucking 40 times a game

Our franchise is absolutely inept, they have no idea what theyre doing.

I'm going to guess they were just pain management issues as opposed to him doing any further damage by playing on them. That said, those would have been a great excuse to IR him and play Brandon Allen for a few games though.

Quote:Maybe he didn't disclose them.

I'm no doctor, but I would have to imagine that if he had these ailments, the team doctors would have known.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

If this is true then Bortles is a warrior. Never used it as an excuse. 

I don't know what take to have on this

Quote:Also with an impaired liver.
And some nasal cavity damage

Quote:If this is true then Bortles is a warrior. Never used it as an excuse. 

I'm 100% sure he's not lying about these injuries, but the real questions are when did he get them and how much did they affect his mechanics.

Quote:I remember him hurting his shoulder in the Detroit game.

Blake Bortles took two huge shots in the first quarter of the game.   Considering his limitations the rest of the day,   probably even more than in the games prior,   I was at least somewhat surprised Bortles finished the game.     From the standpoint of toughness,  Bortles measures up well.

Word is Bortles also played with two ACL's, A broken Tibia, lacerated scalpula, a deviated septum and an enlarged groin.

Gus said "What a great opportuny to get better"

Quote:It really confirms what most of us had thought to begin with.

Wrist tendinitis is painful as hell. I get it often from breaking my wrist a few years ago. Not being able to grip the ball explains a lot.

Based on what you know about Wrist tendinitis ( sorry about what you have gone through ),  do you think it's something Blake Bortles can manage effectively on the NFL level moving forward?

Did he have a brain tumor as we'll? Blindness in one eye?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 03:20 PM by TheAll22.)

Well at what point does he say, "hey I have an injury, I need surgery, therapy etc." or at what point does the training staff pull him out and get it taken care of? This comes off more of an excuse than anything else. The season has been over since before Halloween and he just doesn't seem to think it's important to take care of an injury?

I've already had a major problem with how many passes he throws, and the lack of running game. Bortles has always had weakness in his throwing motion and sure maybe this is an understandable reason for tendonitis but really? How convenient of him to mention it now and go all season without a whisper or ever being on an injury report.. I just refuse to believe that if it were bad enough, he wouldn't seek help, especially when the jags got to a point where the season was lost. If you have a serious injury, you see a doctor not a mechanics coach, not after your OC loses his job. 

Not really surprising, a lot of players have nagging injuries. The funny part is people in this thread that think benching him for any of the other guys would have improved the season. Starters start of they can. Look at Chris ivory and yeldon, they clearly both had major problems at the middle to end of the season but they had to keep playing through it anyway.

I don't feel like looking it up, but I've been saying he's hurt. Other guys said it too.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  3m3 minutes ago

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles told @ESPNdirocco that he played this season with two shoulder separatoins and wrist tendonitis.

This explains so much. 

Bring in a mid rd QB/vet FA to push. But this helps ease my mind a bit, and seeing him play his last two weeks with good mechanics and solid football helps.

</div>
I knew it.  Makes sense. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Wonder when these injuries occurred. Might be wrong but it seems to be that Bortles mechanics would make those injuries harder to play with, not easier.

Quote:I knew it.  Makes sense. 
Been saying it most of the year. Also explains why been =running ore this year to make first downs.  Knowing the pain he was in. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:So the team intentionally failed to disclose injuries on the injury report?

You are talking like MJF.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

So they thought they had a better chance of winning with a QB with a separated shoulder and wrist tendonitis over Henne?  Then why are they paying Henne $4M a year?