Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Played with Wrist Tendonitis and Two Shoulder Separations

Quote:What's the difference if he does it week in and week out or as soon as the season is over?  

Seriously? What's the difference?

Well for starters, one is while he was playing ...the other is when he's not playing.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Heck, the fifth year option is nothing compared to what good qbs make these days. At that position it's worth paying if there is any chance he might succeed, and with Blake having watched his 2015 season, there is plenty of reason for hope.

5th year option for a 1st round QB is over $18 million guaranteed in that 5th year.  Caldwell would be have to be considered incompetent if he were to pick it up at this point.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 04:43 PM by I am Yoda.)

Quote:I expect an apology from MJF for constantly doubting my opinion that something was definitely wrong with Bortles' arm.

And  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18395513

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I have little doubt Bortles had some injuries he played thru.   I have serious doubts about it being the cause of the poor decision making and inaccuracies that have plagued him from the beginning. 

All the more reason to have used that reason to sit him for a game and see what Allen had. 

Quote:Maybe he didn't disclose them.

This is a very real possibility. Team can't disclose what a player doesn't disclose to them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:And  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18395513
Interesting.

Seems that it all started with the Tennessee game and he was throwing terribly way before that game. 

Thanks for the link.

To those suggesting that Bortles is making an excuse for his poor play I think we have to realize all 45 game day active players are playing hurt too.  Pain thresholds are extremely high for most players. Heck players are playing through pain the fourth quarter.  Great teams wear down good teams as the game goes on.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 04:50 PM by JackCity.)

"Bortles told ESPN he suffered a Grade 1 sprain to his AC joint against Tennessee on Oct. 27 and then aggravated the injury against Detroit on Nov. 20. A Grade 1 sprain is the mildest form of a separated shoulder, and Bortles said he will not need offseason surgery."

So the injuries had nothing to do with his awful mechanics which were the main reason he was so poor this year.

Quote:We all remember how Coughlin kept FT's injuries secret. After the season, FT finally had to stand up and say something.  ...then again, according to ThunderCat this makes him a whiny, losing clown.
It seems to me there are several posters on the board who are supposedly fans but aren't...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

just want to remind everyone blake is still pretty bad when healthy

Quote:"Bortles told ESPN he suffered a Grade 1 sprain to his AC joint against Tennessee on Oct. 27 and then aggravated the injury against Detroit on Nov. 20. A Grade 1 sprain is the mildest form of a separated shoulder, and Bortles said he will not need offseason surgery."

So the injuries had nothing to do with his awful mechanics which were the main reason he was so poor this year.

Quote:Fighting through the tendinitis was more of an issue than the shoulder at that point, Bortles said. He did not miss any practice time because of the injury, though.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Seriously? What's the difference?

Well for starters, one is while he was playing ...the other is when he's not playing.

They're both easily perceived as excuse making, the timing is irrelevant.  Not sure why this warranted a captain obvious type response.

Seriously.  The guy needs to get a girlfriend to keep from aggravating the wrist injury.  That's what caused it to begin with.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Seriously. The guy needs to get a girlfriend to keep from aggravating the wrist injury. That's what caused it to begin with.
We should be grateful to Blake. His grit and toughness to play through the pain insured that Bradley couldn't use the injury excuse to stay around next year.

Thank you Blake, your sacrifice is not in vain!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Why share this information? More importantly, why share it now? Surely. Blake is intelligent enough to know that the majority of observers are just going to look at all this as making excuses.

For the record, I'm inclined to believe him...he's never come across as being the disingenuous sort. I just don't see any good that can or will come out of this revelation.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JackCity" data-cid="934518" data-time="1483390154">
"Bortles told ESPN he suffered a Grade 1 sprain to his AC joint against Tennessee on Oct. 27 and then aggravated the injury against Detroit on Nov. 20. A Grade 1 sprain is the mildest form of a separated shoulder, and Bortles said he will not need offseason surgery."

Quote:Fighting through the tendinitis was more of an issue than the shoulder at that point, Bortles said. He did not miss any practice time because of the injury, though.
</blockquote>

Yep wrist tendinitis only developed late in the season.

Quote:It really confirms what most of us had thought to begin with.

Wrist tendinitis is painful as hell. I get it often from breaking my wrist a few years ago. Not being able to grip the ball explains a lot.
This^ I broke my growth plate in my wrist when i was 16 and every season change sucks.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I too have a better understanding of his regression in 2016. It's unfortunate that we the fans doesn't receive, nor should we, more info w/respect to the player's injuries. We have the tendacy to compile personal opinions of others w/o the entire information. Hope is still Alive...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Holy smokes... gotta give Bortles credit for toughness
I totally agree with this. He still needs to step up next year.

Quote:I sure dont.
Color me shocked! Shocked I tell you!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.