Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Played with Wrist Tendonitis and Two Shoulder Separations

Meh. If true, he's tough for playing through it. He's also dumb and should've been benched to get healed. And injury or no injury, the guy still has a ton of question marks at this point.

Here comes a whole offseason of "He'll be different this time, guys!"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A few of the side effects of his tendonitis prescription drug was nauseousness and throwing pick-6's

Quote:just want to remind everyone blake is still pretty bad when healthy

You mean like in 2015?

'02

Quote:Why even waste a draft pick on a 3rd stringer who can't even see action when your QB is hurt?

One potential reason that comes to mind is if the team brass believes that 3rd stringer has the potential to eventually be the 2nd stringer.   Though the Jaguars are in great shape salary cap wise at present,   there might come a time ( pleasant problem for the team )  that a high priced # 2 QB will cost too much to keep on the 53 man roster. 

Why on god's green earth did this staff leave him in the game(s) then?

Isn't that why we have backups?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Why on god's green earth did this staff leave him in the game(s) then?

Isn't that why we have backups?
It's a no win situation really. He toughs it our and guys prefer he sit, if he comes out ppl will question his toughness and desire. Always remember, this is something his teammates can look to as a captain and say if he's still fighting through, I'm going to. Look at Big Ben

Quote:5th year option for a 1st round QB is over $18 million guaranteed in that 5th year.  Caldwell would be have to be considered incompetent if he were to pick it up at this point.

The "guarantee" is only for injury, although that is more than I was thinking it would be. At any rate, I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Let's see what he does in 2017. By then we should know if he's the answer for 2018 (his 5th year) and possibly beyond.

'02

Quote:  One potential reason that comes to mind is if the team brass believes that 3rd stringer has the potential to eventually be the 2nd stringer.   Though the Jaguars are in great shape salary cap wise at present,   there might come a time ( pleasant problem for the team )  that a high priced # 2 QB will cost too much to keep on the 53 man roster. 

I wonder if he might just have the potential to eventually be the 1st stringer.

'02

Quote:The "guarantee" is only for injury, although that is more than I was thinking it would be. At any rate, I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Let's see what he does in 2017. By then we should know if he's the answer for 2018 (his 5th year) and possibly beyond.
Has to be picked up by May.

Don't pick it up imo. If he's good next year, than we can franchise him. Yes, it'll be more expensive, but that will also mean he's worth paying and he's our guy long-term.

Bortles making excuses. Players always playing with injuries

Quote:You mean like in 2015?
YES, not good, and like 2015. 2015 was basically a whole season of 2016 Blake at Titans game. Is that what you really want for our qb play? Please Jags, just have a real "plan B" ready for qb in 2017. If Blake somehow morphs into a good NFL qb, I'll be thrilled.

But there are plenty more where these "fools gold" articles come from.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/7079/why-blake-bortles-season-isn-t-as-good-as-you-think-it-is'>https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/7079/why-blake-bortles-season-isn-t-as-good-as-you-think-it-is</a>

Wa Wa Wa....

...excuses. I bet just about every starting QB in the league can tell you of their aches and pains....it comes, unfortunately, with the job.

Quote:Has to be picked up by May.

Don't pick it up imo. If he's good next year, than we can franchise him. Yes, it'll be more expensive, but that will also mean he's worth paying and he's our guy long-term.

May 2018 tho, right? Or are you talking this year?

'02

Quote:I wonder if he might just have the potential to eventually be the 1st stringer.

The previous coaching staff probably was skeptical of this happening.   Otherwise Brandon Allen probably will have been given an opportunity to at least move up on the depth chart during the season.    Especially,  when considering Blake Bortles'  injury and performance issues.    

Quote:May 2018 tho, right? Or are you talking this year?
This year I'm quite sure. Otherwise there'd be no reason discussing this.

5th year options I believe have to be picked up or declined the year before for injury insurance and co.

Tendonitis already at his age. Time for a new qb

Quote:Tendonitis already at his age. Time for a new qb

Bud Light makes the tendons swell.

Hope him the best. Would love to see him come back better than ever next season.

Quote:Seriously. The guy needs to get a girlfriend to keep from aggravating the wrist injury. That's what caused it to begin with.

I lol'ed

Quote:Bud Light makes the tendons swell.

Found one of the causes of tendonitis, this fits bortles

•Overuse or doing too much too soon when the tendons are not used to a movement or to the task taken on. Tendinitis is common in "weekend warriors," people that play and exercise hard only on weekends.