Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Played with Wrist Tendonitis and Two Shoulder Separations

And if he'd come out and said it when it happened you fools would be all over him for being a wimp.

And we'd still have Bradley.

It's like you don't remember how you disrepected Luck last year for a similar injury, it must be dark in that colon you pull your opinions from.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Found one of the causes of tendonitis, this fits bortles

•Overuse or doing too much too soon when the tendons are not used to a movement or to the task taken on. Tendinitis is common in "weekend warriors," people that play and exercise hard only on weekends.

Bro what's up with the Raider avi?

Quote:  One potential reason that comes to mind is if the team brass believes that 3rd stringer has the potential to eventually be the 2nd stringer.   Though the Jaguars are in great shape salary cap wise at present,   there might come a time ( pleasant problem for the team )  that a high priced # 2 QB will cost too much to keep on the 53 man roster. 

In the past, a really high priced back up QB is a luxury. But given the past few years with so many teams losing their franchise QB weeks before the playoffs, I would consider it a necessity if this team ever becomes a playoff contender.

Sure developing a guy is the cheapest way to that, but given the issues this team has had with OL injuries even during the preseason, I feel that using that spot for more depth would have been a better option. I know it in hindsight, but that was the biggest weakness of the team all year. That and pass rusher, and could have kept our 6th rounder or whomever that guy who was claimed.

I get that is somewhat hindsight, but even when they made the move I was surprised because even Henne (given the last time he played) was never going to win any games. So why not just role with Allen.

Quote:Bro what's up with the Raider avi?

Because the jaguars are terrible, I decided to be a multifan like missjagsfanatic so that I can root for a winning team

Quote:Maybe he didn't disclose them.

I think that's the most likely scenario.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Because the jaguars are terrible, I decided to be a multifan like missjagsfanatic so that I can root for a winning team

Please dont say that name so loud, twice more and it gets released from the Underworld to torment us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:This year I'm quite sure. Otherwise there'd be no reason discussing this.

5th year options I believe have to be picked up or declined the year before for injury insurance and co.

Alright... I agree we should pass then and evaluate him for another year.

'02

Still pulling for the guy to come back slicing and dicing.

We've seen him make some great plays in the past 3 years.

You're Welcome.

Quote:just want to remind everyone blake is still pretty bad when healthy

No, he's not. He was definitely inconsistent in areas last year but he was not pretty bad.

Apologies if this was already posted:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18395...t-shoulder

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Bortles told ESPN he suffered a Grade 1 sprain to his AC joint against Tennessee on Oct. 27 and then aggravated the injury against Detroit on Nov. 20. A Grade 1 sprain is the mildest form of a separated shoulder, and Bortles said he will not need offseason surgery.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">He also said the right wrist tendinitis that developed late in the season was more of a hindrance than the shoulder injury."

Let's not dive off the deep end and act like his arm fell off, or that he or the club were hiding major injuries.

He also didn't visit a voodoo healer to get it "fixed" for the final two games of the season where he played better, either.  In fact, the more pronounced injury of the two happened "late in the season."  So, it doesn't appear to be a clear correlation between the injuries and his play.  He played better late in the season after the tendinitis developed.

It's safe to say injuries weren't the sole reason for his bad play this season.  Sounds like he was just eager to throw that out as an epilogue, to soften up the ending of what was a bad season for him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 10:04 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Quote:May 2018 tho, right? Or are you talking this year?

It's this coming May meaning they have to make the decision based on his body of work so far. There is an argument for picking it up, albeit it's a much weaker argument than the one to not pick it up. I just can't imagine a good GM not putting the carrot of a new mega contract in front of Bortles this coming season rather than deferring it a year. If he plays really well, franchise him and begin negotiating the contract. If he's mediocre, franchise him and make him prove it the following year. If he's terrible, let him hit the market.

So he throws for 3900 and 23 td's with 2 shoulder separations and wrist tendonitis.

Yes, I'd give him another year to prove himself.

Quote:So he throws for 3900 and 23 td's with 2 shoulder separations and wrist tendonitis.

I just want him to have a good coach for once.

Quote:So he throws for 3900 and 23 td's with 2 shoulder separations and wrist tendonitis.

12 career wins and a turnover machine to boot? Yeah he definitely needs another year to prove himself.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I just want him to have a good coach for once.

Let's hope it's not too late.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:12 career wins and a turnover machine to boot? Yeah he definitely needs another year to prove himself.
Yeah, because this had zero to do with one of the worst NFL coaching staffs in NFL history...

Quote:Yeah, because this had zero to do with one of the worst NFL coaching staffs in NFL history...

Let's just say those of us rooting for him to succeed (regardless of what's behind his development) will have a lot to look forward to from him next season.

Reset switch on the coaching side, and hopefully this has been a wakeup call as well for Blake.  Hope he gets healthy and has a renewed dedication to his craft.

This far into his early career he really needs to show this season was an anomaly in many ways.  If not, it's time to consider a new direction.  I hope he does turn it around and in a big way, but I honestly can't say with any confidence which way it's going to go for him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Let's just say those of us rooting for him to succeed (regardless of what's behind his development) will have a lot to look forward to from him next season.

Reset switch on the coaching side, and hopefully this has been a wakeup call as well for Blake.  Hope he gets healthy and has a renewed dedication to his craft.

This far into his early career he really needs to show this season was an anomaly in many ways.  If not, it's time to consider a new direction.  I hope he does turn it around and in a big way, but I honestly can't say with any confidence which way it's going to go for him.
That's all you can do. I'm not confident exactly, but I do think this coach has hampered him as well as most of the players (the fact there was so many players that went to the media right after the game saying this coaching staff is a joke shows it). 

But until we get one in there, which should appen this offseason, lets way and see what he does next year. 

He averaged 260 yards-per-game and 59.7% with 9 TDs to 9 INTs in that span.

Decent yardage but nothing to write home about. 

Quote:Because the jaguars are terrible, I decided to be a multifan like missjagsfanatic so that I can root for a winning team
So you're a loser?

Got it.