Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Kouvaris is not good calling the games.

I disagree, Kouvaris was an amazing high school athlete who deserves respect. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On a side note, the official television station for the Jacksonville Jaguars is now 2 game telecasts into their endeavor and they still can't seem to use the correct logo in some of their graphics. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I still have yet to understand this sentiment.

I'm not in Sam's fan club, but I think he does a great job aside from a few mistakes on names.

He's what you want.  His work sounds like a conversation and isn't intrusive, and he weaves background information in seamlessly.

I get the feeling folks dislike the guy and mistake that for the job he does.  Nobody loves Sam more than Sam, which is why he rubs me the wrong way... but I like his broadcast.
Hey Sam..hacking into someones account is illegal. I think you're pretty good too...along with ISIS being the world peacemakers, colon cleansing, deep dental cleaning, genital warts and TMD phiosophies being spot on. You go Sammy the Bull. 

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:On a side note, the official television station for the Jacksonville Jaguars is now 2 game telecasts into their endeavor and they still can't seem to use the correct logo in some of their graphics. 

My son has made a game of it. During the broadcast, spot the old logo. Or when Sam K says the wrong name.

Quote:I tend to agree. Since I didn't hear his first game, as I was at the game, I was curious what I'd think of his work.

Because of some comments here I was prepared to hear someone who just came from the dentist after oral surgery. But not so!

He did fine. He's not a national play by play guy, we all know that. And he's only doing two games, so I don't get the criticism. Sometimes it starts to sound personal regarding Sam. 

And Kouvaris has to work with Boselli, who isn't exactly John Madden.

Can't wait until the season starts for  the Frangie bashing.

They've had two pro's (Paul Burmeister, Kevin Kugler) doing preseason games the last decade. Why give the job to a local hack like Sam K? He's not very good. That's why there is criticism. What's not to get?

Quote:My son has made a game of it. During the broadcast, spot the old logo. Or when Sam K says the wrong name.

Is it a drinking game...cuz he'll be trashed before the second quarter!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I tend to agree. Since I didn't hear his first game, as I was at the game, I was curious what I'd think of his work.

Because of some comments here I was prepared to hear someone who just came from the dentist after oral surgery. But not so!

He did fine. He's not a national play by play guy, we all know that. And he's only doing two games, so I don't get the criticism. Sometimes it starts to sound personal regarding Sam. 

And Kouvaris has to work with Boselli, who isn't exactly John Madden.

Can't wait until the season starts for  the Frangie bashing.

What's not to get? The broadcasts have been horrible. Kouvaris has been horrible.

Quote:My son has made a game of it. During the broadcast, spot the old logo. Or when Sam K says the wrong name.
You would think they might have addressed that after the first game, but they're still trotting that old logo out there.  This week should be a hoot since there will be a bunch of no names on the field.  Kouvaris may take an extra tug on that bottle of scotch and spend most of the game reminiscing about when he was a star athlete in college, surrounded by leather bound books in a dorm room that smelled of rich mahogany. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You would think they might have addressed that after the first game, but they're still trotting that old logo out there. This week should be a hoot since there will be a bunch of no names on the field. Kouvaris may take an extra tug on that bottle of scotch and spend most of the game reminiscing about when he was a star athlete in college, surrounded by leather bound books in a dorm room that smelled of rich mahogany.

While girls named Sissy, Bitsy and Betty Sue stared at him longingly!!

Quote:While girls named Sissy, Bitsy and Betty Sue stared at him longingly!!
He's been going to the same party for the last 30 years and he just doesn't care. 

Quote:He's been going to the same party for the last 30 years and he just doesn't care. 

And that is in no way pathetic.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:And that is in no way pathetic.

If we can coax him into saying "I wanna be on you" to Brunell during a broadcast, I'd nominate him as local PBP guy for life. 

Quote:If we can coax him into saying "I wanna be on you" to Brunell during a broadcast, I'd nominate him as local PBP guy for life. 
Instead of I wanna screw Mary Baer too...

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Instead of I wanna screw Mary Baer too...
Looking at her today, he can have her. 

Quote:Looking at her today, he can have her.

HD hasn't been very friendly to the crew from channel 4!

Quote:HD hasn't been very friendly to the crew from channel 4!

Considering Tom Wills looks more and more like a troll with each passing year, I'd say there's little makeup is going to do to salvage his look.  Mary must have had an eye job because she always looks surprised during newscasts these days.

Talk about HD having a devastating impact on someone.  When the Deegan duo was on the air together, if you put them side by side, they looked like a pair of old leather shoes. 

Quote:Considering Tom Wills looks more and more like a troll with each passing year, I'd say there's little makeup is going to do to salvage his look. Mary must have had an eye job because she always looks surprised during newscasts these days.

Talk about HD having a devastating impact on someone. When the Deegan duo was on the air together, if you put them side by side, they looked like a pair of old leather shoes.
I wonder if he's gonna start hanging out under one of the local bridges? Big Grin

You'd have thought with all the cancer Donna had been through that she'd think twice about showing up on tv looking like an Oompa Loompa!!

Quote:I wonder if he's gonna start hanging out under one of the local bridges? Big Grin

You'd have thought with all the cancer Donna had been through that she'd think twice about showing up on tv looking like an Oompa Loompa!!
And what's the deal with Sam's hair?  The bed head look isn't really all that special for a balding guy.  It's not covering any extra territory.  He'd be better served to grow a good old comb over and be done with it. 

Quote:And what's the deal with Sam's hair?  The bed head look isn't really all that special for a balding guy.  It's not covering any extra territory.  He'd be better served to grow a good old comb over and be done with it.

All the years of surfing made it permanently slicked back maybe?