Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Some interesting observations on NFL.com Stats

1. Blake Bortles is currently in 8th place among all QB's  (Henne 40th)

2. Allen Hurns is in 10th place in yards among all WR's

3. Alualu is 2nd on the sacks list.  Granted this one is probably a outlier.

Good job by some of our rookies!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Where's Garoppolo on that QB list and why isn't he starting?? (since he's outplaying Brady).... <pounds fist on table!!>

Quote:Where's Garoppolo on that QB list and why isn't he starting?? (since he's outplaying Brady).... <pounds fist on table!!>

Yes because Brady and the Patriots QB situation = Henne and the Jaguars QB situation.

Quote:Where's Garoppolo on that QB list and why isn't he starting?? (since he's outplaying Brady).... <pounds fist on table!!>
because brady is a multiple superbowl winning qb, who led his team to the playoffs last year. he has nothing to prove in preseason games. henne is a player that hasn't ever thrown more td's than int's in his entire career. nice try though.

Quote:because brady is a multiple superbowl winning qb, who led his team to the playoffs last year. he has nothing to prove in preseason games. henne is a player that hasn't ever thrown more td's than int's in his entire career. nice try though.

and keep thinking that it would be different if Henne was Belichicks starter instead of Brady. Garoppolo still wouldn't be starting week 1. Just like in Jax with our situation. 

More goes into naming the starter at the QB position than meets your simplistic eye. 

Its not as cut and dry as other positions. 

LOL!

Oh...You're serious?!

Yes because clearly Henne = Brady.

Good job!

Think they'd give us Brady for Henne? We need a solid backup

Quote:LOL!

Oh...You're serious?!

Yes because clearly Henne = Brady.

Good job!

I guess you missed post 5....a whole 3 posts down....

Quote:and keep thinking that it would be different if Henne was Belichicks starter instead of Brady. Garoppolo still wouldn't be starting week 1. Just like in Jax with our situation. 

More goes into naming the starter at the QB position than meets your simplistic eye. 

Its not as cut and dry as other positions. 
first off, blake is not garaoppolo and henne is not brady. if belichich was here with bortles and henne, henne would not be named the starter. beli would have been trying to upgrade the position as soon as he got henne. with bortles doing what he has been doing, the switch would have been simple for him. whoever plays the best plays. henne has always been the same thing, henne. it didn't change over the offseason, it didn't change during the preason, it will never change. we all see it. henne should not be the starter, i don't care how many years he has played in the nfl. experience does not automatically make you better as shown by preseason play.

Bed time TMD...

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 02:49 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:first off, blake is not garaoppolo and henne is not brady. if belichich was here with bortles and henne, henne would not be named the starter. beli would have been trying to upgrade the position as soon as he got henne. with bortles doing what he has been doing, the switch would have been simple for him. whoever plays the best plays. henne has always been the same thing, henne. it didn't change over the offseason, it didn't change during the preason, it will never change. we all see it. henne should not be the starter, i don't care how many years he has played in the nfl. experience does not automatically make you better as shown by preseason play.

Belichick didn't even start Brady until his 2nd year, and only started him at that point because he was forced to because Bledsoe got hurt. So you can't say that Belichick would have done anything different than what Gus and Dave are doing right now. 

The Steelers did the same thing with starting Tommy Maddox over Roethlisberger initially...

and the same with the Eagles starting Doug Pederson over Mcnabb initially. 

The Jags aren't doing anything wrong or unprecedented with the way they are handling this. 

It must be because he is having such a tough time beating out the great Mallett.

Quote:Belichick didn't even start Brady until his 2nd year, and only started him at that point because he was forced to because Bledsoe got hurt. So you can't say that Belichick would have done anything different than what Gus and Dave are doing right now. 

The Steelers did the same thing with starting Tommy Maddox over Roethlisberger initially...

and the same with the Eagles starting Doug Pederson over Mcnabb initially. 

The Jags aren't doing anything wrong or unprecedented with the way they are handling this. 

if i'm not mistaken, wasn't Drew Bledsoe good? i'm pretty sure he was. i can care less about the other too as it doesn't factor into what we were discussing as it wasn't about have rookie qb sat before. this is about playing the obviously better player. this is about putting out the best product for the fans, not the reject you are stuck with because you have nobody else.

Bortles is actually 2nd behind Ryan Nassib. NFL.com's s tats haven't updated yet though

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 03:07 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:if i'm not mistaken, wasn't Drew Bledsoe good? i'm pretty sure he was. i can care less about the other too as it doesn't factor into what we were discussing as it wasn't about have rookie qb sat before. this is about playing the obviously better player. this is about putting out the best product for the fans, not the reject you are stuck with because you have nobody else.

When the coaches and FO start letting fan opinion make/ affecr their decisions for them, they'll find themselves sitting with them in fairly short order...

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 03:09 AM by lastonealive.)

Quote:When the coaches and FO start letting fan opinion make/ affecr their decisions for them, they'll find themselves sitting with them in fairly short order...

Can I quote you on this in the future? Have a feeling you will say the opposite down the line in regards to other players...

Quote:and keep thinking that it would be different if Henne was Belichicks starter instead of Brady. 

I'm willing to bet that Belichick would play Bortles  over Henne.

And the past was different. Bledsoe > Henne.

Also, at the time, Brady was just a 6th round pick who barely made the team. Bortles is the #3 pick.

Literally no comparison can be made.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 05:09 AM by Chuckd.)

Quote:first off, blake is not garaoppolo and henne is not brady. if belichich was here with bortles and henne, henne would not be named the starter. beli would have been trying to upgrade the position as soon as he got henne. with bortles doing what he has been doing, the switch would have been simple for him. whoever plays the best plays. henne has always been the same thing, henne. it didn't change over the offseason, it didn't change during the preason, it will never change. we all see it. henne should not be the starter, i don't care how many years he has played in the nfl. experience does not automatically make you better as shown by preseason play.
I'll go ahead and pick this apart because it's nice fiction and opinion, especially predicting what a coach of another team would do with our personnel. And are you saying by drafting a QB at #3, this jaguars office WASN'T trying to upgrade the position? Cause it's uh, exactly what they're doing. Thanks for the brilliant analysis of the QB position.

For being a long time since we've had anything decent at QB, people sure are all butt hurt about the situation.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>