Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Appreciation for Marrone

Quote:Word. It's a shame Marrone didn't get this opportunity sooner rather than later. No telling what could have been. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and fortune no matter where his path will lead him. Same for Hackett and Wash. And the same for the rest of this coaching staff. There's no telling now how much this team and coaching staff was held back thanks to Bradley's "philosophy".

Gus should have been fired after the Thursday night game at Tennessee. Doug would then would havery had a fair chance to prove himself

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marrone is a fine coach.  And he did the best he could with lack of options to work with. No hurns no ivory no yeldon.  No thomas no lewis.  So hats off to him and Hackett.  

Great job.  Maybe see ya as hc for Jax next year. If not best of luck to you with whatever organization you end up with. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Thank goodness a career 41-43 head coach has no chance at being our next HC. Goodbye. Never come back.

If we're just looking at overall records, I really hope you're not a McDaniel's fan.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:If we're just looking at overall records, I really hope you're not a McDaniel's fan.
Mcdaniels was terrible.  He is benefiting from a NE system.

#Gojags

Quote:If we're just looking at overall records, I really hope you're not a McDaniel's fan.

Depends on if he has matured. He got too much power at too young of an age in Denver. And there is a huge difference between 28 games as an HC and 84.

Marrone did nothing. He was part of the problem. These threads are trash.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:Marrone did nothing. He was part of the problem. These threads are [NO SYNONYM?].
Well considering Blake was injured and hardly any weapons. You may want to revise that statement.  

#Gojags

Quote:Marrone did nothing. He was part of the problem. These threads are [NO SYNONYM?].
so who do you want again?

Quote:If you look at the atl game tbey scored 35 in the 1st half and 3 in the 2nd and almost lost.

We had a big lead and they played to try and keep it unfortunately didnt work iut. But he is miles ahead of anything gus was doing.

2 missed FGs and 2 fumbles lost.

Marrone didn't lose this game the players did. We had the game won and the defense lost it in final min.

He took over coaching he didnt bring his own staff or his own plabooks. Hes working off the gameplans gus was using.

I feel like Marrone didn't have the time to change the losing mentality that Gus has established. At half-time I mentioned that Marrone would be my top candidate if he pulled off the 2nd half like he did the first, but instead it felt like another typical 2016 Sunday. So no, he's not my top candidate. With that said, I still like what I've seen out of him. With his intensified game planning, his effective use of time outs, and more, he has this natural knack for head coaching that Gus flat out just didn't have. So, no he's not my top candidate, but I would still support his being hired if the team made that call.

'02

Quote:I feel like Marrone didn't have the time to change the losing mentality that Gus has established. At half-time I mentioned that Marrone would be my top candidate if he pulled off the 2nd half like he did the first, but instead it felt like another typical 2016 Sunday. So no, he's not my top candidate. With that said, I still like what I've seen out of him. With his intensified game planning, his effective use of time outs, and more, he has this natural knack for head coaching that Gus flat out just didn't have. So, no he's not my top candidate, but I would still support his being hired if the team made that call.
Here is the thing though. If you notice bortles was running more.  Cause injury feels worse as a game progresses.  And that second half was on the DC more then anything.  And no not Dave Caldwell.  He also did not have hurns, no lewis, or thomas, no yeldon or ivory.  

Thats five weapons did not have.   And playing a terrible lose scheme.  Cause the DC thought had the game in the bag I guess. 

#Gojags

Quote:You should try watching the game sometime.
This. Yes we did kind of fall off and play a tad conservative late, but this team just looked better prepared and more like an NFL team than they ever have in the last 5 seasons. 

Quote:Here is the thing though. If you notice bortles was running more.  Cause injury feels worse as a game progresses.  And that second half was on the DC more then anything.  And no not Dave Caldwell.  He also did not have hurns, no lewis, or thomas, no yeldon or ivory.  

Thats five weapons did not have.   And playing a terrible lose scheme.  Cause the DC thought had the game in the bag I guess. 

At one point in the game, I noticed the following line-up...

• QB Blake Bortles

• RB Bronson Hill

• TE Alex Ellis

• WR Allen Robinson

• WR Bryan Walters

• LT Kelvin Beachum

• LG Tyler Shatley

• C Luke Bowanko

• RG AJ Cann

• RT Jermey Parnell

• WR Marqise Lee

'02

Quote:Here is the thing though. If you notice bortles was running more. 

Statistically, Blake by far did most of his running in October and November. In these two months (as in, when he was hurt) he averaged 4.6 carries per game. In September, December and January (as in, when he wasn't hurt ...maybe still sore in early December), he averaged 2.5 carries per game.

'02

Quote:I feel like Marrone didn't have the time to change the losing mentality that Gus has established. At half-time I mentioned that Marrone would be my top candidate if he pulled off the 2nd half like he did the first, but instead it felt like another typical 2016 Sunday. So no, he's not my top candidate. With that said, I still like what I've seen out of him. With his intensified game planning, his effective use of time outs, and more, he has this natural knack for head coaching that Gus flat out just didn't have. So, no he's not my top candidate, but I would still support his being hired if the team made that call.

I think that he is getting hammered way too much for the second half of the game. 

Andrew Luck was rated as possibly the best QB prospect to ever be evaluated in the pre-draft process.  The Jags on Sunday will not be the last team that he jumps up and bites.  That's football. 

When you look at the previous 14 weeks you had a much different set of problems.  How many consecutive weeks did we give up explosive returns in the kicking game because guys weren't in their lanes?  Delay of game penalties on special teams?  Guys jumping offside and giving up first downs?  Two weeks of a new culture and you eliminated those mistakes. 

we missed two field goals and had a hall of famer force a strip sack when we were in field goal range.  That's football. 

This is by far the most decisive and accurate that Blake has been over a two game span.  This is the most consistent that the running game has been over two games (with an UFA RB H-Back LG 6th round C and 7th round TE in the starting lineup). 

Marrone is a calculated guy who plays the percentages more often than not and demands accountability from his players.  That is going to yield positive results more often than not.  When Luck took the field with 1:38 and no time outs there was a better than 60% chance that he wouldn't get into field goal range and probably less than  10% chance of a TD.

There is a reason Teams are lining up for Marrone. 

over the last two games of the season Marrone/Hacket averaged 442 yards a game and 29 points with 2 missed field goals... 

I still can't believe Myers missed a 30-yard chip shot in a dome.

'02

Then a rob drops a perfect pass

I think it's stupidly reactionary to reject Marrone on the basis of the last half or the last drive.  That would be ignoring all the positives Marrone brought in his short 2-game stint.  Note that the 4-year problem of slow starts seems to have gone away completely under Marrone.  The offense was much better, even though several rookies and scrubs were playing. 

I'm not completely sold on Marrone in Jax but I think he's a good coach and will have success again in the NFL. 

Quote:I think it's stupidly reactionary to reject Marrone on the basis of the last half or the last drive.  That would be ignoring all the positives Marrone brought in his short 2-game stint.  Note that the 4-year problem of slow starts seems to have gone away completely under Marrone.  The offense was much better, even though several rookies and scrubs were playing. 

I'm not completely sold on Marrone in Jax but I think he's a good coach and will have success again in the NFL. 
Called game planning and preparation. He wanted to exploit weaknesses and take away the opponent's strengths, and WIN. When did you ever hear anything like that with Gus here? Almost never. Marrone made adjustments to the weekly routine and we saw immediate results. I would not be shocked if Marrone is the HC, or sticks around in some capacity.