Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel flips the bird after a frustrating night vs WSH

Quote:So glad we passed on this guy now. He's done nothing since the draft but disappoint. 
I hear you. I really have watched him closely because he is such a different type player than you see in football today. You see the big 6'5 230lb guys that can run but under 6' had me intrigued. Russel Wilson is short but is a different type player.Wilson can really toss it.

I am beginning to wonder if JF is going to make it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hear you. I really have watched him closely because he is such a different type player than you see in football today. You see the big 6'5 230lb guys that can run but under 6' had me intrigued. Russel Wilson is short but is a different type player.Wilson can really toss it.

The greatest difference between Russell Wilson and Johnny Manziel is their work ethics and focus.   Wilson has Grade A football character.   Johnny Manziel makes more headlines off the field and for the wrong reasons combined than he does as a QB.   

Quote:The biggest issue is that he just sucks, college-style smurf QBs can't make it in the NFL.

Even TimTim were already bringing the Tebow comparisons.  Talented guys who were allowed to backyard ball in HS and college, who are faced with the realization that garbage ball simply won't cut it in the NFL.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Somewhere, Bud Adams is wishing he could have made ol Johnny a tack.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Don't forget 2 TD as well.

Bortles, for all the accolades so far has yet to throw a single TD pass.

Mettenberger had an impressive 10 YPA on 25 attempts last week in addition to an 80+ % rate. Bad legs/ wheels? Who cares?

What is a bad YPA TMD?

Who cares America needs to stop being so soft

Quote: 

His NFL career is going to be even shorter than Tebow's.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Its hard to compare JF to Russle Wilson. Most ppl forget the Wilson played Professional Baseball for a couple years and used that time there to Mature and understand what a professional is all about. So when he was drafted as a rookie to Seattle he already appeared to be more mature and more at ease with being a professional NFL player. Unlike the immature JF who still does not have a clue.

Quote:Who cares America needs to stop being so soft

Who cares? This isn't something that would just be an issue now. It would have been an issue 30-50 years ago. 

It illustrates a lack of professionalism and maturity on Johnny's part. 

The fact you didn't hear many of these kinds of stories before is because most QB simply didn't lack the maturity that Johnny does and this stuff simply didn't happen often.

This is Ryan Leaf type stuff here. Its certainly not a good sign for Browns fans. 

Quote:Who cares? This isn't something that would just be an issue now. It would have been an issue 30-50 years ago. 

It illustrates a lack of professionalism and maturity on Johnny's part. 

The fact you didn't hear many of these kinds of stories before is because most QB simply didn't lack the maturity that Johnny does and this stuff simply didn't happen often.

This is Ryan Leaf type stuff here. Its certainly not a good sign for Browns fans. 
Agreed.  There's a bigger picture here that some folks just can't seem to grasp. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If Manziel had backed up his tude with good play, more people could stomach it.

I think Jim McMahon was one of the more overrated and overhyped QBs in the mid 80s.  He got a ton of publicity, media coverage, and commercials because he was deemed to have attitude...and to be something of a rebel.

But he had earned the respect of his Bears teammates, and arguably was the catalyst that propelled them to Super Bowl XX.  Not saying he was THE sole reason they went or that he was the best player, but he was a spark for that team and he played well enough to not only not derail them but to actually improve their offensive performance.

Manziel hasn't done that yet.

Until he provides some NFL substance behind that attitude, he's going to have a hard time.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:If Manziel had backed up his tude with good play, more people could stomach it.

I think Jim McMahon was one of the more overrated and overhyped QBs in the mid 80s.  He got a ton of publicity, media coverage, and commercials because he was deemed to have attitude...and to be something of a rebel.

But he had earned the respect of his Bears teammates, and arguably was the catalyst that propelled them to Super Bowl XX.  Not saying he was THE sole reason they went or that he was the best player, but he was a spark for that team and he played well enough to not only not derail them but to actually improve their offensive performance.

Manziel hasn't done that yet.

Until he provides some NFL substance behind that attitude, he's going to have a hard time.

If you listen to some of the discussions, not only has Manziel not done that yet, but he's actually working in the opposite direction with his own teammates.  They're not exactly racing to defend their QB when he's put down by the opposition.  I think they're just as annoyed with him as many fans. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

FBT and TMD agreeing.

[Image: mushroom-cloud.jpg]

Huh

Quote:FBT and TMD agreeing.

Someone grab the marshmallows!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:FBT and TMD agreeing.

FBT and TMD agreeing.

Oh no!  It's the second sign of the Apocalypse.   Has anyone seen a black horse?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.