Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel flips the bird after a frustrating night vs WSH

Quote:I think that this story is big not because of what happened, but because of what may happen. He's shown that you can get him to react to you by a little taunting. What do you think Terrell Suggs is going to do to try and get under his skin? It's not that this particular thing was all that bad, but that he has shown that it could get worse.

I just don't think it is that big of a deal.  We already know Manziel is an emotional player.  This doesn't change that one way or another.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For the most part, Dave Caldwell has been extremely honest about his evaluations and comments when it comes to Jaguars. That he talked about Manziel as being the "most pro ready" while Bortles and Bridgewater as "projects" has to be the one big example of misdirection from him.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 05:39 PM by Haterade.)

Quote:For the most part, Dave Caldwell has been extremely honest about his evaluations and comments when it comes to Jaguars. That he talked about Manziel as being the "most pro ready" while Bortles and Bridgewater as "projects" has to be the one big example of misdirection from him.
lol. He's the most ready because Caldwell knew Manziel wouldn't change or develop his game

Easy people. Johnny was just asked how many good throws he's made in two preseason games.

Whew. I'll admit I was on the draft Manziel bandwagon. Glad the wagon broke down.

He's a polarizing figure. Playing a violent sport myself, I know these attitudes and then gestures get you an extra shot in the mouf in the future.

His 2 year college experience is showing. The boy should have stayed away from the men's game another year.
Blakes Life Matters

I too was on the Manziel bandwagon during the draft.  I didn't think he could play in the NFL until the lead up to the draft and I got sucked in.  That being said, we will have to give it some time before we know if he can really play or not.  I had given him a pass with some of the college antics, and even in the lead up to the draft, but it is getting ridiculous now.  Giving someone the finger is not a big deal, but added to the rest of the Manziel show it further shows his need to grow up.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I've been getting bashed on another non team specific forum over being a jag fan/the bortles pick about how we should have taken Teddy/Manziel and it's so nice now having it blow up in their faces while I quietly laugh in the background.. the feeling of being on the winning side when it comes to the jaguars is so nice. 

johnny manziel flipping opponets off not good.. the media is all over him.. he has 1 bad game it ruins him then the team we dont need that.. can anyone say tim tebow 2.0 lol.. dave and gus hit a homerun with bortles great job.. GO JAGS!!

Quote:After watching a little bit of that game, maybe the Browns should have taken some notes from how the Jaguars are bringing Bortles along, and they should have followed suit with Manziel.

Maybe they are still taking their cues from that homeless guy! And that homeless guy is probably a Bengal fan!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'd rather have Tebow on my team than Manziel and I don't think Tebow should be allowed to play football at any level lol. 
Not to worry, Manziel's NFL career is going to be even shorter than Tebow's.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Didn't Leftwich give the bird in a game? I could be making that up...

In that case it was probably justified. Leftwich was directing it at the clots DL coach, who was having his players target the legs with late hits.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Give Johnny a break. He's had to deal with a lot since entering the NFL.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/johnny-...jer,36660/

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote: 

Not a good sign from a future franchise QB.

I nicknamed him Johnny Punk over his attitude and arrogance. If he came off a lot more humble and a decent human being, well I would probably like him more. Not a good sign for the Jaguars.

Johnny Manziel reminds me of an undeveloped immature version of Jeff Garcia,  with a stronger arm.   Even if Manziel does mature,  which is far from a given in the coming few years,  I have serious doubt he's going to be able to avoid significant injuries on a consistent basis.

I was more offended by the sorry excuse for football both teams scammed everyone with last night.

That was some of the sorriest football I've ever seen, from both sides.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 10:28 PM by Swaguars.)

Wont say it's a "home run" with BB just yet but it sure is looking like it huh? I was never high on Manziel I always thought he was overrated, but i'll admit I wanted TB over BB all day but it's looking like I was wrong! Thankfully. 

I would say "calm down, it's two preseason games", but we all know this aint about to happen.  

Quote:After watching a little bit of that game, maybe the Browns should have taken some notes from how the Jaguars are bringing Bortles along, and they should have followed suit with Manziel. 

Exactly. The more I see of the mess in Cleveland the more I see the wisdom of the path chosen by Caldwell and Bradley.

The Browns should have named the veteran their starter from day 1 and let Manziel play when he's ready. And the Browns are under no greater pressure to play the savior than are the Jaguars.

What i saw last night was ugly (the play, not flipping the bird) and it's really not fair to Hoyer, who played well last year.

Glad the Jaguars are avoiding a similar mess.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

[Image: yhcdNNy.png]

I almost feel bad for Cleveland

Quote:[Image: yhcdNNy.png]

I almost feel bad for Cleveland

Okay...that's pretty funny!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???