Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel flips the bird after a frustrating night vs WSH

Glad we didnt draft this guy.

You cant let pressure get to you like that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didn't like manziel either but mainly because I think he is going to get hurt and not have a long career. I liked Mettenberger a lot for around 3rd round because I really didn't think we would go QB in first round.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:For the most part, Dave Caldwell has been extremely honest about his evaluations and comments when it comes to Jaguars. That he talked about Manziel as being the "most pro ready" while Bortles and Bridgewater as "projects" has to be the one big example of misdirection from him.

Sounded more like he was insulting Manziel IMO.

“Johnny [Manziel] would probably be the one guy you could plug in there sooner rather than later just because his style of play isn’t going to change much from Year 1 to Year 2,” Caldwell said.

Quote:Maybe they are still taking their cues from that homeless guy! And that homeless guy is probably a Bengal fan!!!
I think he is on that committee to determine the Browns' starting QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yeah, finger aside, both teams were embarrassing.

The browns run a separate offense for manziel and for hoyer. Hoyer is not being put in a position to succeed. Timing is different for both offenses...everything is different.

There is no way hoyer and the rest of the o can get on the same page.

All this is to try to accommodate manziel and force him into action.

Terrible.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 07:29 AM by Kotite.)

The bigger issue is that he is still struggling mightily with the terminology of Kyle Shanahan's offense. If getting plays called at the line is taking up that much of your mental capacity, how are you going to ever read a defense? Maybe staying in Berea would have been time better spent than hanging with the leeches at a Vegas pool party.
Only a chump boos the home team!

The biggest issue is that he just sucks, college-style smurf QBs can't make it in the NFL.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Manziel looked awful and Hoyer looked worst.  Pettine might have to start Rex Grossman...lol

Mettenberger was 20-25 for 250 last week.  He has a gun but unfortunately bad legs and no wheels.  I don't think he would ever make it healthy through a 16 game season.

As everyone was noticing his finger, no one noticed where his thumb was
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The bigger issue is that he is still struggling mightily with the terminology of Kyle Shanahan's offense. If getting plays called at the line is taking up that much of your mental capacity, how are you going to ever read a defense? Maybe staying in Berea would have been time better spent than hanging with the leeches at a Vegas pool party.
Considering he pretty much went out there and played sandlot football in college, it's not really surprising that he's struggling with Shanahan's offense.  The guy can't even read coverages at the line.  His lack of football IQ is pretty amazing considering his collegiate accomplishments. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

They should have done what the Jaguars did with Bortles: announce to the world that Manziel was going to sit on the bench for a while.   Then, whatever he did, it would look like success.   Now, after they pushed him into a battle for the starting job before he even knows the playbook, anything he does looks like failure. 

Some people seem to think you can't ruin a rookie QB, but you can.  You can absolutely ruin him.   Push him in there before he's ready, and make him an object of ridicule.  Manziel is obviously immature, and that makes what they have done with him even worse.  I doubt he will handle this very well. 

He should have sat on the bench and learned the playbook, and how to be an NFL QB.   Then, when he is ready enough to have some success, and can't fail to win the job, then put him out there. 

Quote:The biggest issue is that he just sucks, college-style smurf QBs can't make it in the NFL.

Signed,

Russell Wilson

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 11:21 AM by David4499.)

At least he didn't run around in circles patting his mouth and slapping his backside trying to look like an Indian...

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Signed,

Russell Wilson

There are exceptions, not the norm.

Quote:Signed,

Russell Wilson
CC: Vince Young

Blakes Life Matters

So glad we passed on this guy now. He's done nothing since the draft but disappoint. 

Quote:  Now, after they pushed him into a battle for the starting job before he even knows the playbook, anything he does looks like failure. 

Some people seem to think you can't ruin a rookie QB, but you can.  You can absolutely ruin him.   Push him in there before he's ready, and make him an object of ridicule.  Manziel is obviously immature, and that makes what they have done with him even worse.  I doubt he will handle this very well. 

Everything he does looks like a failure because he hasn't done anything right.  You can't ruin something that was never any good to start with.

He was the object of ridicule because of his own actions before he ever put on a Browns uniform, not because of anything Cleveland has done.  So boo hoo; tell Swan Boy, a.k.a. Johnny Finger this is the NFL.  If he wants to play football here, he needs to buy a pair of big boy pants.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I think his #1 priority is maintaining a celebrity status, so yeah, he's not going to do so well unless that changes

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 10:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

Mettenberger was 20-25 for 250 last week.  He has a gun but unfortunately bad legs and no wheels.  I don't think he would ever make it healthy through a 16 game season.

Don't forget 2 TD as well. 

Bortles, for all the accolades so far has yet to throw a single TD pass. 

Mettenberger had an impressive 10 YPA on 25 attempts last week in addition to an 80+ % rate. Bad legs/ wheels? Who cares?

Quote:Don't forget 2 TD as well. 

Bortles, for all the accolades so far has yet to throw a single TD pass. 

Mettenberger had an impressive 10 YPA on 25 attempts last week in addition to an 80+ % rate. Bad legs/ wheels? Who cares?

I know,right.? Preseason is such an accurate gauge.
Blakes Life Matters