Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It could be the same QB decision made in 2007

He see a loaded box and changes the play, then he goes through all his progressions and hits his third read down the sideline for a big gainer! He throws ducks in practice and tight spirals in the game. At no time in any of the preseasons games did he look like the game was to fast or big for him. So the grip is he is playing with the twos not the ones and that some how degrades his performance. We will see this week just how playing with the ones will affect his game. My impression is he is a gamer, he plays his best football in live action and that is a sign of a great quarterback. If he out performs Henne playing with the ones Friday then sitting him will not help him become a starter. He has shown in his two starts that he has very good command of the offence and what he needs now is getting use to the speed of the ones and you can only get that playing football. I think he would have to have an unbelievable performance against the Lions to start the opener. My guess he will start against the Colts. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Play. Him. Now. 

Might as well play now. Need his madden rating to be in the 80's by week three.

Don't even play Madden. 

madden is gonna be sick this years. all aboard the Bortles Train.

Mouth breather and proud

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 06:22 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Mouth breather and proud
Lol thats funny. It wasn't a shot at you or anything. Trust me I can't wait to see the guy play and want him to play as soon as he is ready, I just accept that the coaches have a plan and will play him when they see fit. It's been a rough seven years and I finally feel we have the right people in place that know what they are doing. I just trust their judgement. 

Quote:Lol thats funny. It wasn't a shot at you or anything. Trust me I can't wait to see the guy play and want him to play as soon as he is ready, I just accept that the coaches have a plan and will play him when they see fit. It's been a rough seven years and I finally feel we have the right people in place that know what they are doing. I just trust their judgement. 

I trust them too, but I've never been this excited about a Jags QB. 

It's clouded my judgement, I just think Bortles will be good no matter when he starts playing. 

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2014, 06:38 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:I trust them too, but I've never been this excited about a Jags QB. 

It's clouded my judgement, I just think Bortles will be good no matter when he starts playing. 
I hear you. I'm overly excited about the guy. I know it's only preseason but when have we been able to say our rookie qb is the best looking guy out of all of the ones drafted his year. The fact that JF is failing and I have heard absolutely nothing about the other guys we passed over is just a breath of fresh air. Watkins, Barr, Mack etc... Good time to be a jags fan. 

Welp, Blake lights it up again.

He just forced Gus to start.him,

Thanks alot Bortles