Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Eagles Defense looks shaky

Two weeks in already into the preseason, and the team has already surrendered the most points overall for any defense out there.

Week 1 against Chicago: -34

Week 2 against New England: -42

Total: 76 points allowed already.

And as you all know, our D kept the Bears 1st team offense scoreless in the first quarter and only to 7 points throughout 3 quarters. I don't care about what happened in the 4th quarter Friday night as we only had 3rd and 4th stringers playing out there.

I know that the Eagles have a good offense with Nick Foles. IMO, the Eagles might be the #1 offense in the league this upcoming season, but their Achilles heel this season looks like their Defense. As hilarious and dumb as this might sound, Henne is probably licking his chops right about now.

Here's a piece from Philly.com: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagl...fense.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Philly isn't all that.

You don't scheme offenses in the NFL.

I think our D will be all over them.

Quote:Philly isn't all that.

You don't scheme offenses in the NFL.

I think our D will be all over them.

Agree. Gus is really smart and will have a defense set up to stop whatever hurry up bull they throw out there.

Chip Kelly has never had a great defense, he's all offense. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

3 months to gameplan, I expect the Jags to hang 30 on them and lose by 6.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I am expecting a win.  The Eagles don't scare me. 

The Jags' improved speed at LB might be what keeps the D in it against that Philly O

I think people are underestimating Philly. They have imo the best RB in the league, not to mention adding Darren Sproles. They have Foles who people say is overrated, but I don't buy it. They lost Desean Jackson but they added Jordan Matthews at WR and Maclin is looking sharp so far. Not to mention Riley Cooper is pretty decent as well. 

The only bad thing about them is their defense, and the Jags offense isn't going to be hanging 30 on hardly anyone with Henne in. 

Go Jags, but it's going to be an extremely tough matchup. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:I think people are underestimating Philly. They have imo the best RB in the league, not to mention adding Darren Sproles. They have Foles who people say is overrated, but I don't buy it. They lost Desean Jackson but they added Jordan Matthews at WR and Maclin is looking sharp so far. Not to mention Riley Cooper is pretty decent as well. 

The only bad thing about them is their defense, and the Jags offense isn't going to be hanging 30 on hardly anyone with Henne in. 

Agree completely. The Eagles defense is not great, far from it, but I think it's going to be extremely difficult for the Jaguars to outscore them.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 11:48 PM by Vino.)

If nothing else I'd take that 11 point point spread from Vegas. Honestly I'm leaning towards taking the Jags straight up.

Quote:I think people are underestimating Philly. They have imo the best RB in the league, not to mention adding Darren Sproles. They have Foles who people say is overrated, but I don't buy it. They lost Desean Jackson but they added Jordan Matthews at WR and Maclin is looking sharp so far. Not to mention Riley Cooper is pretty decent as well. 

I think it means something that the Bears with Matt Forte basically couldn't run on our first team, I don't care if it is preseason. Our run defense looks very stout.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I was very suspicious of Chip Kelly coming to the NFL with no prior experience, but he seems to be on the right track. The man knows how to dissect a Defense with the best of them so far. This season will be a test, even though he gets to play Washington and Dallas four times, but now the League has some film on him. Let's see how he reacts.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Their defense last year was awful.