Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Fans beginning to have Bortles Envy?

Is it just me or does Houston24 on the tin horn site sound an awful lot like our resident dog whimperer?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 08:57 AM by Jagsngamecocks.)

Quote:I don't know man, I'm honestly really surprised to see the effort that Clowney has put in through 2 preseason games. He has 1 sack and 3 TFL. That's without Watt even playing. I honestly cannot wait to see Houston play week 1. 
I'm not.  Right now, teams are not specifically game planning for him, and won't unless he has a year like his Sophomore year.  If they double team him, Watt is going to blow up.  The hope IMHO is the short 3 step drops and draws.

None the less, our OL better step it up against them.

To the OP, good finds.  The Clots seem to have a better grasp and are pretty honest about what they see. 

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

I got a kick out of this video from the colts thread. We've seen it before but I always get a chuckle at his facial expression when talking about his girlfriend.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIDSdg9DhE'>http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIDSdg9DhE</a>
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If I were the Texans, I would be so butthurt that they passed on the future GOAT Bortles. It won't matter how good Clowney is when Luke "Stonewall" Jockel puts him in his place and allows Bortles to throw for 400 yards on that poverty secondary.

Quote:If I were the Texans, I would be so butthurt that they passed on the future GOAT Bortles. It won't matter how good Clowney is when Luke "Stonewall" Jockel puts him in his place and allows Bortles to throw for 400 yards on that poverty secondary.
I like "poverty secondary". PS is how we can refer to the Texans secondary from hereon. I wanna see Clowney try to hit Gerhart and not wrap him up... Going down Clown!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Great reads on those sites. Thanks. Funny reading the Texans boards and them crying about their GM. We all know their pain.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He sure is fast for a man his size. Bortles vs Clowney is gonna be fun

Quote:He sure is fast for a man his size. Bortles vs Clowney is gonna be fun
Yep.

Our DL against Luck is too.  Glad to see us rising in a division that is getting better.

It's like a long bad storm with dark clouds and no way out...suddenly, bright sunshine comes shining through.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

WOW!!!!! All 3 division rivals are noticing the Jags new QB and it's all pretty positive.

When was the last time that happened??

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 12:17 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Is it just me or does Houston24 on the tin horn site sound an awful lot like our resident dog whimperer?

Not really.

Dude said "Let's wait and see." for one thing. :teehee:

Wanting a late round rookie sounds similar though, I"ll give you that.  I'm sure there's at least one on every NFL forum.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I got a kick out of this video from the colts thread. We've seen it before but I always get a chuckle at his facial expression when talking about his girlfriend.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIDSdg9DhE'>http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIDSdg9DhE</a>

"Obviously you haven't seen his girlfriend.  She deserves six million Googles."    Big Grin

Quote:WOW!!!!! All 3 division rivals are noticing the Jags new QB and it's all pretty positive.

When was the last time that happened??
Well.. Never

Quote:Is it just me or does Houston24 on the tin horn site sound an awful lot like our resident dog whimperer?

Does he use the word "ilk" a lot? And hash tags?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Good to see other fans talking about the Jags... not only the talk about Bortles but the team overall...

The Jags are coming AFC South...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

I'm stoked to see what our defense can do. Yes...The Jags are coming, AFC South...Prepare to get hit !

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Clowney + Watt is going to be an extremely scary combination. 

This.  It's going to give us nightmares.

Quote:This.  It's going to give us nightmares.
Watt + Bortles would have put us 3rd/4th in the division for the next 10 years

Watt+Clowney gives us two rough games a year and the Texans still suck. 

Quote:Definitely. But their secondary is still terrible.
who needs a secondary when you have those two, especially with how clowney was playing last night

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:who needs a secondary when you have those two, especially with how clowney was playing last night

Get the ball out quickly and frustrate JC into some kind of penalty.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Clowney is a beast no doubt, but is he going to be injury prone and bring it all the time?  Those two things will define how good he ends up being.