Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Fans beginning to have Bortles Envy?

Our no huddle offense should wear Clowney down and tire him out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Our no huddle offense should wear Clowney down and tire him out.

even he gets a sack or two, we can still operate our offense and be effective.

Watt has played well against us but he's hardly been impossible to score on or beat.

Even an average to above average quarterback (which the Texans lack) is way more valuable than Clowney.  Not a knock on Clowney, it just shows you how important the QB position really is.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:even he gets a sack or two, we can still operate our offense and be effective.

Watt has played well against us but he's hardly been impossible to score on or beat.

Even an average to above average quarterback (which the Texans lack) is way more valuable than Clowney.  Not a knock on Clowney, it just shows you how important the QB position really is.
Clowney is a freak and could be the most dominate DE in a long time (Even though they got him at LB)  That being said, hitting on Blake would be oh so much more important to us than hitting on the DE position.

Now, if they hit on the QB position in the next draft, that could be a problem for us. 

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 08:01 PM by Etdavis2006.)

A good qb beats a great DE any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quote:Clowney is a freak and could be the most dominate DE in a long time (Even though they got him at LB)  That being said, hitting on Blake would be oh so much more important to us than hitting on the DE position.

Now, if they hit on the QB position in the next draft, that could be a problem for us. 

Let's keep hoping that they keep drafting guys like Savage.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Let's keep hoping that they keep drafting guys like Savage.
Here's hoping Clowney keeps them mediocre enough to miss out on the elite QBs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Here's hoping Clowney keeps them mediocre enough to miss out on the elite QBs.

They have to much talent to draft number one again. Last year was a take job and foster should be healthy. I see a five win season for them lol

I also don't trust Romeo Crennel to run a defense aggressive enough to be too disruptive

As I remember....last years D handled Watt pretty well.

This years is better.

Clowney ....I'm afraid is gonna get hurt.

Things change fast in the NFfreakin'L

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:They have to much talent to draft number one again. Last year was a take job and foster should be healthy. I see a five win season for them lol
But by my estimation-fwiw-there are maybe 3-4 QB that could carry first round grades (Mariota, Hundley, Winston, Petty).  They could win 5 games and still land a first round passer.

Now whether they hit on the passer under those circumstances is another matter.  But I want them to miss out on the best prospects.

When you have *your* guy, it makes their draft picks almost irrelevant.

Here's hoping Blake is the real deal. If he is, we will be able to beat anyone on any day.

Quote:But by my estimation-fwiw-there are maybe 3-4 QB that could carry first round grades (Mariota, Hundley, Winston, Petty). They could win 5 games and still land a first round passer.

Now whether they hit on the passer under those circumstances is another matter. But I want them to miss out on the best prospects.

I personally see two in Winston and Mariota but that's another discussion. I hope they miss but as another poster said we have our guy. What they do is irrelevant at this point. Just as they can add a qb in the next draft we can add a pass rusher.

The difference is our guy looks like the real deal. They will have to play qb roulette and hoped they picked the number

Quote:But by my estimation-fwiw-there are maybe 3-4 QB that could carry first round grades (Mariota, Hundley, Winston, Petty).  They could win 5 games and still land a first round passer.

Now whether they hit on the passer under those circumstances is another matter.  But I want them to miss out on the best prospects.
As long as they don't land Winston or Mariota, I'll be happy. Very unlikely they'll be more than 2 franchise QBs next year

Quote:Our no huddle offense should wear Clowney down and tire him out.
The way Clowney likes to take plays off... Texans will be lucky if's he's even playing in the last 4 games of the season seeing the QB issue and lack of a quality secondary to make his job easier. Clowney will get tired of it and take a break.... Bet on it. We might not even see him this year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Is it just me or does Houston24 on the tin horn site sound an awful lot like our resident dog whimperer?

Where is the Whimperer?

I'm guessing spinning signs for the " get more for your gold here" joints.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Where is the Whimperer?

I'm guessing spinning signs for the " get more for your gold here" joints.

Maybe he finally realized his dream of stocking supermarket shelves with Cheeto's and Funyans.

Quote:Like the guy said before me, when you have POSSIBLY the scariest DE's duo in the league, you could have the worst CB's of all time back there, and they will make the pro bowl. 

I guess I missed all those Colts DB's that made the Pro Bowl when they had Freeney and Mathis. What were their names??

Quote:I guess I missed all those Colts DB's that made the Pro Bowl when they had Freeney and Mathis. What were their names??
Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea.

Hopefully he didnt do anything dumb and hurt himself. It's weird that he's not around.

I want people to respect us and everything but i also still want to stay under the radar Big Grin