Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stephen Morris

Canes fan here. Can anybody tell me how he is looking? Thanks!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like a player that will be on the practice squad

Quote:Canes fan here. Can anybody tell me how he is looking? Thanks!

He did well in the Bucs game. I, personally, think he's being groomed to be Bortles' back up. Great developmental project, familiarity in Jedd's system, and a strong arm. He'll be practice squad material, just because he isn't better than Henne or Bortles or even Stanzi right now, but he's more valuable for the direction of the program than Stanzi. I think he's the 2014 version of Quinn Gray

Quote:Like a player that will be on the practice squad
Based on his 1 pass?

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 06:20 AM by Kotite.)

He did launch a sweet ball at practice that was hauled in with one hand by Brent Martineau. Of course Martineau is a member of the local media and was at least 5 yards out of bounds.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014, 06:32 AM by BasshunterX.)

The kid showed poise,pocket presence, and some good running in his few snaps. I'd like to see him on the PS for atleast this year and see if he develops into anything. 

So far he looks like a practice squad candidate that needs quite a bit more develop to have a shot at a roster.

Quote:Canes fan here. Can anybody tell me how he is looking? Thanks!

You may find it interesting to know Allen Hurns is looking good.

It seems so strange to see so many ex hurricanes on the Jaguars since this is the first year they have drafter a player from Miami. As of now, Morris is a practice squad guy, and I agree, Fisch is molding him to be Bortles backup. He has a gun, but he's still not in sync with the offense yet. Maybe we'll see something from him in preseason game 4.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

He's looking like an UDFA with slim odds to make the roster.

PS candidate? Sure... but that's about as far as I see him playing out his NFL career. Maybe he develops and can be a backup next year. Maybe.

Quote:He did launch a sweet ball at practice that was hauled in with one hand by Brent Martineau. Of course Martineau is a member of the local media and was at least 5 yards out of bounds.

I lol'd.

practice squad didn't see enough last week. may not even play tonight.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:He did well in the Bucs game. I, personally, think he's being groomed to be Bortles' back up. Great developmental project, familiarity in Jedd's system, and a strong arm. He'll be practice squad material, just because he isn't better than Henne or Bortles or even Stanzi right now, but he's more valuable for the direction of the program than Stanzi. I think he's the 2014 version of Quinn Gray

But Stanzi is the American hero! The 2nd coming of Hulk Hogan but football version