Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another slight?

Quote:Because you, sir, have a pair.

Well, that's the word on the street...

He's way too anonymous to know for sure.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With ESPN it seems that at one time their complaint was the lack of local fan support. Now they and others talk of the lack of corporate support not being there as the reason for us moving. Will it ever stop? Probably not. But then again, if we do indeed lose the team to another city, who is the next city on the chopping block. There will always be a smaller market. I guess it all depends on the greed level of the current owners as to what is considered an exceptable market. Sad. Loyalty has to kick in some where some time. Along with patience.

Quote:With ESPN it seems that at one time their complaint was the lack of local fan support. Now they and others talk of the lack of corporate support not being there as the reason for us moving. Will it ever stop? Probably not. But then again, if we do indeed lose the team to another city, who is the next city on the chopping block. There will always be a smaller market. I guess it all depends on the greed level of the current owners as to what is considered an exceptable market. Sad. Loyalty has to kick in some where some time. Along with patience.

Al Davis' kid is supposedly looking to move the Raiders to LA...  So there's that...

But of course, the "low information" fans will still listen to the non-sense of the NFL looking to move a franchise to London.... 

Quote:'Cause it's just such a slight slight?

We'll call it a "very" slight

Quote:Exactly. 

Fixating on what are perceived as slights by the media is wasted energy.  Our focus needs to be on supporting the team and working toward developing a winning tradition.  The critics will go silent when that happens. 

But some people use it to fuel the fire.  "We don't get no respect.."  and all that.    It's not always a bad thing. 

Quote:But some people use it to fuel the fire.  "We don't get no respect.."  and all that.    It's not always a bad thing. 
So, we're the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:So, we're the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL?

These are good.  http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/come...jokes.html

But seriously, some people like to play the "no respect" card.  It fires them up, and makes victory that much sweeter.  I don't see anything wrong with it. 

Quote:Exactly.

Quote:Precisely!

Hey HB, you got an "Exactly (period)" and I got a "Precisely (exclamation point)"

Guess which one of us gets more internet props.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Promises, Promises are meant to be broken...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Hey HB, you got an "Exactly (period)" and I got a "Precisely (exclamation point)"

Guess which one of us gets more internet props.

Precisely exactly, definitely. :p
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.