Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Bucs Game

Quote:aww you're mad from proving you wrong in the other thread

You didn't prove me wrong. Lamar Miller was good under Fisch. The Jags current OL coach has overseen many a poor running game not only including last year, but even back in his days in Detroit. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ohhh now you backtrack from "Fisch has a good running game at UM" to "Lamar Miller was good under Fisch" lol...way to move the goalposts buddy.

NEWSFLASH: Lamar Miller would have been good under any coach.

71st and 83rd at UM under Fisch

it's okay to be wrong man

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 02:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:ohhh now you backtrack from "Fisch has a good running game at UM" to "Lamar Miller was good under Fisch" lol...way to move the goalposts buddy.

NEWSFLASH: Lamar Miller would have been good under any coach.

71st and 83rd at UM under Fisch

it's okay to be wrong man

Well with Lamar Miller being, oh I dunno.....THE MAIN RB when he was there.... lol....

Nothing was backtracked, fool. 

As said, and you keep ignoring....the Jags current OL coach (counting his days at Detroit) has a MUCH longer track record of futile running games and you know.....At THIS level of football.....which is what we're comparing....

Quote:Well with Lamar Miller being, oh I dunno.....THE MAIN RB when he was there.... lol....

Nothing was backtracked, fool. 

As said, and you keep ignoring....the Jags current OL coach has a MUCH longer track record of futile running games and you know.....At THIS level of football.....which is what we're comparing....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omfr12DmzFk

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 02:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omfr12DmzFk

Hmmm, I wonder what multiple account poster you might be?....

I wouldn't cut mike Brown anytime soon.

I second what Mad Dog has said about Bortles and the OL.  I don't want him back there starting until this line starts to come together. I do think Luke and Austin are very good already.

Quote:Impression from the Bucs game:

1. HOW IN THE HECK IS MIKE BROWN STILL ON THIS TEAM!?

Injuries and suspensions.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:The team definitely looks much improved and looks like the kind of team nobody wants to play.  Our D is going to bring relentless pressure and we now have the team speed to take advantage of broken plays and turnovers. 

While I am encouraged by the defense, I am wondering how much of the d line performance was due to team improvement, how much was due to Tampa having a bad OL, and how much was attributed to it being preseason.

Quote:Injuries and suspensions.

....and the fact that Mike Brown actually played pretty good last year, especially for the expectations of such a player. 

Quote:Injuries and suspensions.
you're right. with shorts/robinson/doss coming back, it will squeeze him out. the guy is textbook definition of average

Very good points, but let's not lose sight of the fact offenses are typically way behind defenses at this point in the preseason.

It's very typical for defenses to be playing much faster, which is what we saw from BOTH teams last night.

I wouldn't worry unless the line is still struggling in week 3 preseason.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I wouldn't cut mike Brown anytime soon.

Not until we can grab someone off the waiver wire.

Quote:you're right. with shorts/robinson/doss coming back, it will squeeze him out. the guy is textbook definition of average

Theres 3 more preseason games left. 

I wouldn't count out Mike Brown yet. 

He made some nice plays last year. Some are really overreacting from last nights game. 

Quote:....and the fact that Mike Brown actually played pretty good last year, especially for the expectations of such a player.

But it is doubtful the team signs him in the first place without Blackmon being out for the year and the other injuries.

He played well given his chance, but he is a fringe player at best.

Quote:But it is doubtful the team signs him in the first place without Blackmon being out for the year and the other injuries.

I'm not claiming he's the second coming of Rice, but he did show some skill last year and did some nice things. Per a street FA, he was not a bad find. I think he still has a chance to stick on this final 53, but he can't have any more bad games like last night. 

Quote:But it is doubtful the team signs him in the first place without Blackmon being out for the year and the other injuries.

definitely fringe. he was just in the right place at the right time. so fortunate for him.

Quote:Theres 3 more preseason games left. 

I wouldn't count out Mike Brown yet. 

He made some nice plays last year. Some are really overreacting from last nights game. 

You're the last person who should be lecturing anyone else on overreacting.  But then, that is your wheelhouse.

Brown's a scrub that wouldn't make it anywhere else but here.  Everyone comes back healthy, and he's likely a goner.  Hurns is outplaying both what he's done this year and last.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 03:46 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I'm not claiming he's the second coming of Rice, but he did show some skill last year and did some nice things. Per a street FA, he was not a bad find. I think he still has a chance to stick on this final 53, but he can't have any more bad games like last night.
I agree with this, but his chances to make the final cut improve greatly with the injuries and suspensions.

If Sanders was not suspended, Shorts, Robinson and Doss were not hurt, the depth chart would be...

Shorts

Lee

Robinson

Sanders

With Doss, Hurns and Brown battling for the 5th spot.

Maybe his chances improve if they keep six..but if somehow Blackmon returned, he would still likely be the most likely to be cut.

what hurts Brown is that he does nothing great and he doesnt really have any versitility

Doss can return punts very well and he's big

Hurns is big and strong and has proven himself so far

Shorts, Lee, Robinson are locks

Sanders will for sure be back