Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Bucs Game

Quote:I agree with this, but his chances to make the final cut improve greatly with the injuries and suspensions.

If Sanders was not suspended, Shorts, Robinson and Doss were not hurt, the depth chart would be...

Shorts

Lee

Robinson

Sanders

With Doss, Burns and Brown battling for the 5th spot.

Maybe his chances improve if they keep six..but if somehow Blackmon returned, he would still likely be the most likely to be cut.

Sanders suspension is something that could throw a monkeywrench into the situation going forward, however. 

Sanders doesn't possess the type of talent that you put up with much of that crap with. While prior to the suspension I thought any talk of Sanders being on the roster bubble was crazy.....its not so crazy anymore. I don't think we can cut him before his suspension is over, but after that - I think he'll be walking a fine line to stay with this team. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Sanders doesn't possess the type of talent that you put up with much of that crap with.

Actually, he does.  Otherwise, they would have cut bait already.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:what hurts Brown is that he does nothing great and he doesnt really have any versitility

Doss can return punts very well and he's big

Hurns is big and strong and has proven himself so far

Shorts, Lee, Robinson are locks

Sanders will for sure be back

I wholeheartedly concur.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 03:50 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Actually, he does.  Otherwise, they would have cut bait already.

Is that allowed under the CBA?

We disagree on Sanders talent, btw. 

He's decent, but nothing special. I read somewhere that he was one of the worst players in the entire NFL last year for breaking tackles. When breaking tackles/ YAC yards was supposed to be one of the benefits of having this player....well...

Quote:Sanders suspension is something that could throw a monkeywrench into the situation going forward, however. 

It really just depends on how many healthy receivers are available in week 5, how well they are playing, and whether Bradley thinks Sanders would be better than whoever returns punts for 4 games. 

They'll have a decision to make. I don't see that as a "monkeywrench" in the gears.  It's potentially a good problem if it's a tough decision. 

Ryan Davis was really impressive running as a nickel defensive tackle as a pass rusher.  

Quote:Ryan Davis was really impressive

Yes, he was.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-pre-wk-1/

PFF article on the game.

I'm in India so I cant watch preseason. How was it?

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-pre-wk-1/

PFF article on the game.
Nice summary of the game and the grades.Marks received the highest grade of +5.0,Blake got +2.9 and even Linder had a positive grade of +2.0

Quote:Nice summary of the game and the grades.Marks received the highest grade of +5.0,Blake got +2.9 and even Linder had a positive grade of +2.0

Marks was ridiculous out there.  You see players who take a step back after a new contract.  He's doing the opposite, and he's quickly becoming a leader on that defense.  Plus, he was interviewed just about everywhere last night, so he's becoming a media darling, grill and all. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Great defense.   Awesome job by Dave getting RED and Chris.   Will be great together for our Jaguars.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I agree with the posters who noticed that they would find themselves watching the video boards instead of the action on the field. When I forced my eyes back to the field, it seemed dark in comparison to the boards. That made me think......I'd almost rather watch away games at The Bank than at home! Those screens at the stadium make my 42 inch flat screen seem like a postage stamp! Even if the Jags organization charged a small fee, I could see it becoming a tradition real fast.

I'm probably leaving out some key factor that would prevent this from happening, but I recall that they broadcast an Olympic track and field race live a couple years ago, so......why not?

I

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2014, 07:08 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:I agree with the posters who noticed that they would find themselves watching the video boards instead of the action on the field. When I forced my eyes back to the field, it seemed dark in comparison to the boards. That made me think......I'd almost rather watch away games at The Bank than at home! Those screens at the stadium make my 42 inch flat screen seem like a postage stamp! Even if the Jags organization charged a small fee, I could see it becoming a tradition real fast.

I'm probably leaving out some key factor that would prevent this from happening, but I recall that they broadcast an Olympic track and field race live a couple years ago, so......why not?

I
They aren't allowed to do that.

Not exactly sure why, I think the nfl doesn't allow it because of sponsors or something. Maybe a ratings thing.

Quote:Marks was ridiculous out there.  You see players who take a step back after a new contract.  He's doing the opposite, and he's quickly becoming a leader on that defense.  Plus, he was interviewed just about everywhere last night, so he's becoming a media darling, grill and all. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.   Here's a guy who signs a big new contract and he seems to be playing HARDER.   Seems kind of unusual. 

If he can continue to get pressure in the middle like that, players like Clemons will get a lot of sacks. 

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2014, 08:17 AM by Section105Fan.)

Quote:They aren't allowed to do that.

Not exactly sure why, I think the nfl doesn't allow it because of sponsors or something. Maybe a ratings thing.

Too bad. I don't understand why the local tv affiliate can broadcast an away game into my home tv, but is not permitted to broadcast it into EverBank.

Quote:Sanders suspension is something that could throw a monkeywrench into the situation going forward, however. 

Sanders doesn't possess the type of talent that you put up with much of that crap with. While prior to the suspension I thought any talk of Sanders being on the roster bubble was crazy.....its not so crazy anymore. I don't think we can cut him before his suspension is over, but after that - I think he'll be walking a fine line to stay with this team. 

Fortunately we have four games to make that decision.  You never know- one of our WRs might go on IR by then, opening up a spot. 

He's not supremely talented, but he was pretty solid last year for a rookie.  51 catches is a very good rookie season. 

Marks played solid and the first team DB's as well... Two areas that drastically needed improvement from last year. :woot:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Marks played solid and the first team DB's as well... Two areas that drastically needed improvement from last year. :woot:
The D line looked feisty out there....  Bradley is building himself a nice D all around...exciting.  Love a good D 

Run your routes (like the football) is coming to you. You can't change speeds. You can't choose when and when not to. I've told you before that I've seen him switch to where he's more focused.

"I'd like to visit with him about what happened (Friday). He did play good, but he could have done some things even more precise. It wasn't exactly where we need him to be." - Gus Bradley on Lee

I hope Lee doesnt pull a diva like how Randy Moss used to not run the routes when the play wasnt designed his way or if he wasnt in a good mood.