Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Impressive Thing I Noticed From Blake

Quote:pff talking about the last part of your post, I find it interesting how vincent jackson basically stiff armed our DB off of him and didn't get a PI call, but hurns (?) barely touches a db and gets PI sir? hello?

The officials seem quicker to call PI this year. There're going to be a lot of those in all likelihood.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

i liked it that he wasnt locking on to guys. he just has a poise(i know its cliche) and maturity and a calm that you cant teach. he stands tall in the pocket, he knows how to step up in the pocket, and he throws with confidence

all of these things Blaine lacked.

He played against the second stringers but even then he was making some really good throws. Tight window bullets, I didn't see a lot of that in college.

He just looks natural out there.

i'd give Henne one more game and if Blake proves he deserves to be with the ones, then i'd start him that third game.

When I saw him slip on his first drop back I'm so used to Henne or Gabbert who would have just fallen down into the fetal position and gave up on the play. The fact that he slipped, adjusted, and delivered a completion showed me immediately the difference between himself and Henne.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:When I saw him slip on his first drop back I'm so used to Henne or Gabbert who would have just fallen down into the fetal position and gave up on the play. The fact that he slipped, adjusted, and delivered a completion showed me immediately the difference between himself and Henne.
yep, and it's clear to see that he reads from deep to intermediate to the check down

he's got it all

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 01:44 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think we're all very happy with what we saw from Bortles today, posting a strong outing and making the offense actually look like an offense. But one thing really stood out.

Before I talk about Blake I have to talk about Mike Brown. He had dropped two well-thrown passes from Blake and had gotten hit by a (Questionable) PI penalty. It was a pretty horrible night for the guy. With all that piling up, Blake still kept throwing to Brown, and didn't let Brown's mistakes scare him from throwing his way. That shows trust in a guy, and it really paid dividends in that field goal drive where Brown caught 2 passes for almost 40 yards.

Blake stuck with his guy even when he was struggling.

I thought it notsomuch showed "trust" in the guy, but it showed a smart QB that was trying to get Brown untracked. WHen you throw to a WR and he drops the ball, and then you don't go back to him, that allows a lot of time to go by where he is just thinking about the most recent bad play. Bortles tried to quickly get Brown to forget that "last drop" and get him going. Either way, good sign. Its like when  closer blows a save in baseball....ideally you want to get him right back out there as soon as possible to get the negative last memory out of his psyche. 

Quote:i'd give Henne one more game and if Blake proves he deserves to be with the ones, then i'd start him that third game.

ok Gus :thumbsup: