Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Bortles praise begins.....

It was a night and day spectacle. Bortles looked like he was playing to win and Henne and company just play. If he can remain consistent these next couple of games I don't know how we can't let him try with the 1's. I don't want to be the guy "hoping" Henne gets hurt when the season starts.

No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just think about this... Bortles is throwing "frozen ropes" and "ducks"... I wonder what will happen when they let him throw a real NFL football...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Imagine if we had this kid throwing to BLACKMON for the next decade...

[Image: 2u4q9zq.jpg]

All we hear during camp is that you can't tell anything in shorts. Now during preseason Bortles played great but we hear that you can't tell anything against the backups. He is going to have to play against the starters in a preseason game but that will not be enough. Once he plays well during regular season and for several games will he finally get his praise. I'm sold on him already after all the bad we've seen before him in Jacksonville. I haven't been this excited ever for a QB, since I became a fan the last year of Brunell's career, after watching them play ever. I personally will not get mad in how they decide to handle his progression I will happily go along for the ride. Great things are ahead for this team and the days of me being laughed at and mocked by my friends are over, at least in things concerning football lol.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Henne was hurt by the 2 bad snaps.  I'm not a fan of him at all but I won't hang that on him.

I turned to my wife and said, "That is what Quarterback is suppose to look like".  It has been so very long since we have had anyone that even looks the part behind center.  And hooray for defensive pressure.  Keep that trend please.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

One reason for his improvement during camp is,he is dedicated to making the footwork and throws to muscle memory.Thats why teams try to change a QB throwing motion fails.And blake said last night most of the things he's learned is becoming muscle memory.This is great news

Quote:Just think about this... Bortles is throwing "frozen ropes" and "ducks"... I wonder what will happen when they let him throw a real NFL football...
hey we talked about this! Jaguars eating ducks is just natures way and they like to play tug of war too.

Quote:One reason for his improvement during camp is,he is dedicated to making the footwork and throws to muscle memory.Thats why teams try to change a QB throwing motion fails.And blake said last night most of the things he's learned is becoming muscle memory.This is great news

He works on his craft which will pay dividends as the investment continues.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

My two cents:  He looked so good out there, if he keeps this up, it's going to be very hard to justify not starting him.   Most rookie QBs you say, "well, he didn't look so good, but it's a process, NFL football is much harder than college ball, etc etc etc..."   But when the guy goes out there and has no problem at all, has apparent command of the offense, moves well in the pocket, and every throw is on the money, again, it's going  to be very hard to come up with reasons he shouldn't start. 

It's kind of weird we're not all having the annual battle royal among ourselves about whether our young QB will ever become a decent QB.  Even his wobbly passes were accurate. 

Since he stands so tall in the pocket,he can look downfield nicely.The incompletion to #15 (Bumphis) was right there,he just slowed his route)

bortles looks good and my ol lady left me

BEST YEAR EVER Banana

I remember watching Gabbert in preseason as a rookie, and we explained it as "he's just a rookie that hasn't had a real offseason" but later we could tell that inaccurate passing and zero pocket presence is the norm for him.

Glad Bortles was the complete opposite.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I may have to get a Bortles jersey

Quote:I remember watching Gabbert in preseason as a rookie, and we explained it as "he's just a rookie that hasn't had a real offseason" but later we could tell that inaccurate passing and zero pocket presence is the norm for him.

Glad Bortles was the complete opposite.

That was amazing the way he played.  He has to be on cloud nine, thinking, hey, I can really do this.   I know I am. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/20...y-football

For comparison...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/20...y-football

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:My two cents: He looked so good out there, if he keeps this up, it's going to be very hard to justify not starting him. Most rookie QBs you say, "well, he didn't look so good, but it's a process, NFL football is much harder than college ball, etc etc etc..." But when the guy goes out there and has no problem at all, has apparent command of the offense, moves well in the pocket, and every throw is on the money, again, it's going to be very hard to come up with reasons he shouldn't start.

Completely agree

Quote:He can put zip on the ball. I saw no arc in his 20 to 30 yard throws. Great touch on the bootleg throws too. Nice showing.

Do it again next week it's hard to deny him the start week 3.

He can put zip on the ball when his mechanics are set. The guy we watched last night was the guy we saw at the pro day throwing lasers. This is why I don't want him to start right away. Let him get more comfortable with his mechanics. Aside from maybe one or two throws where he didn't step into it (the out to Brown that everyone's blaming for the "drop", for instance), he was near flawless. Only thing that I can criticize him on was that out, and that dump when he pretty much Garrard'd unto Storm...which was tipped and nearly picked off by Bowers. He also missed one throw forcing the ball deeper when a shorter crossing route was open and would have led for a first down.

But that's being nit picky. 

I think, regardless of how we can critique his play, there was a significant difference the moment he stepped on the field after Chad. In fairness, Chad got not favors from our starting OL play against the Bucs pretty good starting DL (not to mention the WR vs. CB matchup), but in the two "games" that's been played (scrimmage + preseason 1), Blake clearly outplayed Chad.

At some point, if both continue their respective trends, it will be tough for Gus to keep Blake on the bench regardless of how they want him to be "red-shirted".

I think, by game 4 or 5, if our defense is holding up like we think it can and shutting teams down, there's a good chance that Blake could see the field providing he continues to progress. With a sturdy defense (and hopefully an improving OL) + return of Ace Sanders, there's a possibility of being able to "protect" Blake by not having him down by 20 points as soon as he steps on the field.

He sure shined under the "big lights"....

He's a passing machine for sure!

I see 300 yd passing games in his future......and what will Gerhart add?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson