Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Bortles praise begins.....

He looked great out there tonight. He's coming along nicely. It'll be interesting to watch his progression during the next couple of games.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He can put zip on the ball. I saw no arc in his 20 to 30 yard throws. Great touch on the bootleg throws too. Nice showing.

Do it again next week it's hard to deny him the start week 3.
Are you talking about Bridgewater? No arc by Bortles. Did you see the game?

Quote:He can put zip on the ball. I saw no arc in his 20 to 30 yard throws. Great touch on the bootleg throws too. Nice showing.

Do it again next week it's hard to deny him the start week 3.

But he throws ducks!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Here is some footage

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...highlights

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Dare I say it but the offense just looked totally different when Bortles walked onto the field.
Yes.  Much better.

It's like he came in and lifted the crowd and the team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yes. Much better.

It's like he came in and lifted the crowd and the team.
The crowd definitely responded when he took the field, and he had a solid night.

The offensive line needs to gel quickly. The run game struggled big time.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

This from CBSSports...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...d-in-debut

Even on his incomplete passes, the ball was where it needed to be (with one possible exception. Was at the game and need to rewatch it this weekend). It was only one game, but Bortles looked like a QB who knows how to move an offense down the field. And Henne looked like Henne.
Only a chump boos the home team!

This from PFT...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ars-debut/

They interviewed Bortles on the sideline late in the game during the tv broadcast and he was asked what part of his game needed to improve. He said footwork continues to be an issue, and that he's gotten to the point where he knows when he's doing something wrong and it's a matter of muscle memory of doing the right thing that needs to happen. He said it's a process and it's not going to happen over night.

Quote:Are you talking about Bridgewater? No arc by Bortles. Did you see the game?

Reading comprehension must be tough for you.  He was throwing frozen ropes out there, but had great touch when he needed it.  I'd like to see him throw deep passes, which is awesome to say because for years past a deep pass was a 30 yard strike.  Bortles makes it look easy throwing a laser down midfield with bodies around him and finding a tight window. 

Keep it up rook!

Quote:This from CBSSports...

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24654084/nfl-preseason-vikings-qb-teddy-bridgewater-looks-good-in-debut'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24654084/nfl-preseason-vikings-qb-teddy-bridgewater-looks-good-in-debut</a>

This article bothers me. "teddy looked good in debut" the last pick in the first round that was expected to be better dinked and dunked his way to 6 for 13 with 49 yards. Bortles, the first QB taken lights it up despite a few drops goes 7 for 11 for 117 yards and isn't leading that article

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 03:46 AM by Predator.)

He showed that he can handle what the coaches have thrown at him so far.

I'm not saying he is ready to start, but he definitely deserves to take on a bigger challenge.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 03:52 AM by BasshunterX.)

Quote:This article bothers me. "teddy looked good in debut" the last pick in the first round that was expected to be better dinked and dunked his way to 6 for 13 with 49 yards. Bortles, the first QB taken lights it up despite a few drops goes 7 for 11 for 117 yards and isn't leading that article

Bridgewater did not look "good". He was "okay".

As for Bortles, He did throw a couple ducks but I saw his footwork be completely all over the place during those throws. Most of them looked pretty and was pretty. Don't worry about the ducks though, They will go away. He's already minimized them from camp.

Too many good vibes here. We are JAGS fans, remember?

Allow me to rain on the parade:

Imagine if we had this kid throwing to BLACKMON for the next decade...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

What do you think we should do? Go with the plan of letting Henne play, or throw Bortles out thdre and let him get some experience the good ol' fashion way and just play? Or am I rushing it? LoL!
New Jaguars Fan 2014

Quote:Too many good vibes here. We are JAGS fans, remember?

Bortles to Blackmon. Yes please.

Bortles look good but i think sticking to the gameplan of sitting him and letting him develop more is still the best option.This was merely a preseason game against a team that had an identical record as ours last year.Lets not jump the gun yet..

Quote:Too many good vibes here. We are JAGS fans, remember?

Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

Maybe Blackmon will see the highlights and read reports from this, realize he needs to get it together if he ever wants to be a part of potentially something huge, and gets clean.

I know I know.  Not freaking likely.

This just in:

Bortles is definitely not Gabbert.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]