Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The silver lining with WR group

With all the injuries at receiver the positive is that it opens the door for a very hungry receiver to come off the streets and produce on the field.  They might not know the playbook or have a great continuity with Henne yet, but with all the bodies that are going to see significant playing time the chances we find a diamond in the rough is higher than it would be normally.  

I'm thinking a guy might be hungry like Jimmy Smith was, when even his mom sent a packet of highlights to Coughlin early in his career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the silver lining is the fact that none of these injuries appear to be serious.  Anyone coming in off the street is going to have a tough time making the roster.  Not saying it won't happen, but those are some long odds. 

What it could do though is give the team some insight into talent that is on the street in the event that during the season we start to see a rash of injuries.  So, the personnel guys will benefit from having some hands-on time with these players. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I think the silver lining is the fact that none of these injuries appear to be serious.  Anyone coming in off the street is going to have a tough time making the roster.  Not saying it won't happen, but those are some long odds. 

What it could do though is give the team some insight into talent that is on the street in the event that during the season we start to see a rash of injuries.  So, the personnel guys will benefit from having some hands-on time with these players. 

I think Hurns is the guy who may benefit the most from all of this.

I also think we won't be concerned by week 1 or 2 of reg. season when Shorts is likely back and Robinson is being worked in sparingly. 

I also think that the flashes we'll see from Lee during preseason will give us all hope for the future. 

I wonder if Cecil and Allen Robinson will be playing week 1.

I hate being negative, but it worries me that these types of injuries linger during the season and usually leads to players not playing 100%. We could possibly be playing without these 2 against the Eagles.

Not to mention we probably won't have Doss and Ace is still suspended four weeks.

The silver lining is all of the missing WRs, except for Blackmon, are due back.  And, if injuries do occur to the WRs on the initial 53 roster, there are going to be a number of WRs on the PS and street with experience with the Jag's offense.   

The silver lining is the injuries are serious and we don't need these guys right away. Ideally, when Bortles eventually takes over it will be more important for these guys to stay on the field.

Nothing to worry about................Yet

Quote:I think Hurns is the guy who may benefit the most from all of this.

I also think we won't be concerned by week 1 or 2 of reg. season when Shorts is likely back and Robinson is being worked in sparingly. 

I also think that the flashes we'll see from Lee during preseason will give us all hope for the future. 
I thought Hurns was injured too?

Quote:I wonder if Cecil and Allen Robinson will be playing week 1.

I hate being negative, but it worries me that these types of injuries linger during the season and usually leads to players not playing 100%. We could possibly be playing without these 2 against the Eagles.

Not to mention we probably won't have Doss and Ace is still suspended four weeks.
If you were on this teams offense you might accidently get injured to avoid the embarasment of playing on the field with them....

sacarism....

Hopefully these are all over blown injury reports, and all of them will be fine come the regular season (fingers crossed).  As long as they arent injured I expect to see Cecil & Robinson on the field in game 1 even if not starting they are still offensive weapons at Henne (or Bortles) disposal.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 07:32 AM by David4499.)

Quote:I think Hurns is the guy who may benefit the most from all of this.

I agree that Hurns will benefit from the ability to get into the lineup and see significant playing time in the Preseason.. Minor injuries give a team the ability to look at the way many players handle adversity. It's a part of each player that can't be measured with statistics.

By week 1 or week 2 the Jaguar wine and cheesers will be screaming for Bortles or they'll threaten to not buy tickets next year either.

I'll take flashes of hope from Lee... it's more than we've had over the past few years.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Injuries happen. Every NFL team has a major or minor injury to deal with. Players being injured doesn't equal a lose and is a horrible excuse when losing.

Quote:I thought Hurns was injured too?

Yesterday on the homepage...

Quote:Veteran Cecil Shorts III and rookie Allen Robinson, two of the team’s first three receivers .... are out with hamstring injuries, and fourth-year veteran Tandon Doss – who signed as an unrestricted free agent in the offseason from the Baltimore Ravens – sustained a sprained ankle late week and also is out “an extend period.”

Ace Sanders, expected to compete for the No. 4 position and a punt return role, is suspended for the first four games of the season and is out of camp dealing with personal issues. Given the situation, Sullivan said early Wednesday he expected rookie free-agent Allen Hurns, Lee and Brown to work as the top three receivers in the preseason opener against Tampa Bay Friday.

Hurns, who missed Tuesday with a hip flexor, returned on Wednesday and said he expects to start Friday, but Brown did not finish practice.

So in order of forum preference, the silver lining is

1) not long term issues

2) blank

3) stop making stupid posts

10-4.

I hope Shorts and Crew are good to go week 1. But I also like that we might be stocking some good talent on our PS if something does happen...