Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scout team

Will Bortles run the scout team this year?  Does anyone remember if notable 1st round picks who sat part of their first year were involved or benefited from that role?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did Gabbert benefit?  He ran the scout team when Henne took the starting role. 

Bortles will benefit from the reps, but he'll gain more from the additional practice he's going to get after the scheduled practices.  They're giving him all the reps he needs to bring him along. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I don't remember reading about the scout team more on this please.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

No idea what the scout team is to be honest?

The Scout team is there to simulate what that week's opponent will do on the field. They are basically there to let the First Team guys see what they are going to be up against.

One of the most important sayings in coaching is "the one team you will never face is your own, so why would you practice to beat it?"

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I doubt it. I think he will be focusing on learning our offense.

Quote:I doubt it. I think he will be focusing on learning our offense.
Unless this team carries 3 QBs, he'll be running the scout team while he's learning our offense. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

IIRC scout team QB is usually practice squad QB.. So it will probably be Stephen Morris.. Possibly Stanzi if he makes the roster.. Second string QB won't be running the scout team as they need to prepare as if they were starting in the event that they have to step in
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:IIRC scout team QB is usually practice squad QB.. So it will probably be Stephen Morris.. Possibly Stanzi if he makes the roster.. Second string QB won't be running the scout team as they need to prepare as if they were starting in the event that they have to step in
There's no hard and fast rule.  Gabbert ran it last year. 

Quote:Unless this team carries 3 QBs, he'll be running the scout team while he's learning our offense.

Couldn't the PS QB run the scout team?

Quote:There's no hard and fast rule.  Gabbert ran it last year. 
I wonder if that was a case of too much too soon for him!

:teehee:

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I wonder if that was a case of too much too soon for him!

:teehee:
Good point.  After watching him last night, he didn't get much value from those scout team reps either!

Quote:Couldn't the PS QB run the scout team?
Assuming you have one on the practice squad.  That's not always the case.

Quote:Assuming you have one on the practice squad. That's not always the case.

I'll be pretty surprised if there isn't a third QB either on the roster or on the PS.