Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Bucs Preseason Game 1

Quote:We'll be able to see how he does when people are running at him trying hard to make a roster spot, we'll see how he wants to play the game (is he following Henne's lead and just always taking the short and easy pass, or is he always looking to make the harder throw down the field) and we'll get to see what kind of desire he has for the game.

If he's giving it his all on every play right now even though it's the preseason that will say something about him.
This and would like to see him with a 100+ QBR

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So Henne first half, Bortles 3rd quarter, Morris/Stanzi 4th quarter???
I don't see more than a couple of series for Henne and Bortles the rest of the half maybe start the 3'rd qtr. Stanzi and Morris mop up the rest of the game.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:Agreed, though Henne may play a little longer into the 2nd if they don't have a long scoring drive (FG or TD).  I really think Stanzi or Morris will play directly against each other this game.  Whoever has the worse showing won't get playing time next game.

Bortles will get the most playing time the 1st game, 2nd, and will probably start the 4th.
Ithink Henne starts every game even if just one series.

I want to see the O-Line give Henne time to throw against the #1's. I'd like to see a 1st Quarter devoid of batted down Henne passes, or "Hanging Chads", as I've come to call them.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014, 06:08 AM by Kotite.)

Quote:I want to see the O-Line give Henne time to throw against the #1's. I'd like to see a 1st Quarter devoid of batted down Henne passes, or "Hanging Chads", as I've come to call them.

If Vegas had odds on Hanging Chads, I would be betting on them occurring every Sunday.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I want to see the Jags crush the Bucs, drive them before us and hear the Lamentations of their women
A good loser is a good loser

I smell a sack fest coming on.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Clemens has looked awfully healthy out there, so I think we can put the ACL to rest.  He looks to be in great shape, so hopefully he'll have enough in the tank to really give us a boost.  I think Joeckel will benefit greatly from practicing against him.
So you've been going to the practices?

Why no camp report this year?

Did you retire from it?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:So you've been going to the practices?

Why no camp report this year?

Did you retire from it?

I could only get to one practice, and left on a trip that afternoon. Didn't have time to do a report so I opted to pass this time around.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I could only get to one practice, and left on a trip that afternoon. Didn't have time to do a report so I opted to pass this time around.
I suppose that's allowed....this time.

Next time...you need to run it by the board first.  We depend on those reports, dude!

:woot:

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We're going to destroy TB's 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Quote:We're going to destroy TB's 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I know your being sarcastic, but I actually am interested in how the first team lines play. I think that will be a better indication of how the season will go than the QB at this point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I suppose that's allowed....this time.

Next time...you need to run it by the board first.  We depend on those reports, dude!

:woot:
Yeah, this year it just didn't work out unfortunately. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/49...0351870976

Bradley says the first team will play about a quarter, second team will get about 2 quarters.

30 MINUTES OF BORTLES!!!!

Quote:There was video posted on the front page yesterday featuring an interview with Marcus Stroud.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...462f100970

If you look at the :42 mark, you will see one-on-one drills featuring Clemons vs. Joeckel, where Clemons put an absolutely sick spin move on Joeckel, simultaneously giving me hope that Clemons can give us a viable pass rush and trepidation that Joeckel still has lots to learn.

At 1:25 or so, you will see Miller seemingly make short work of Brewster.

I hope our OL performs better than that.

Didn't you get the memo? Luke is a lock to be a Pro-bowl LT based on the 4-5 snaps that he took last year during the Rams game where he looked dominant.

Quote:Yeah, this year it just didn't work out unfortunately.
it's just not the same. We will start a FBT camp fund.

Quote:I smell a sack fest coming on.

Eeeew

I want to NOT see anyone injured on either side.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

I will be interested in the D-line play as well as the rookies and DROB.

No pain, no gain.