Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville vs Dallas Wembley

Quote: 

Hope the Cowboys don't outnumber us at Wembley, but they do have a lot of fans over here from the 90s...

Its the Cowboys...I'd be shocked if our fans outnumbered theirs. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its the Cowboys...I'd be shocked if our fans outnumbered theirs. 
The Jags will have the neutral support because everyone hates the Cowboys.

I'm near the front on the sideline. Should be a good day!

Quote:Not sure how you could have listened to "Somebody Told me", "Mr Brightside" or "Smile like you mean it" and not detect any accents. :blink:

Well they are British and even a fake accent to them is no accent!

Yeah they sound very american to me Wink

I was waaaay too slow to react and the tickets were gone by the time I had the money Sad

Quote:The Killers were big enough to play Wembley?? Hard to imagine that they filled it. 

Don't those Brits know the Killers have fake accents? like Green Day???

I just listened to all three of the songs you listed, and am listening to a live concert now. You have a horrible ear, that's nowhere close to a British accent. In fact, it's hard to hear a British accent when a singer is British.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2014, 07:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I just listened to all three of the songs you listed, and am listening to a live concert now. You have a horrible ear, that's nowhere close to a British accent. In fact, it's hard to hear a British accent when a singer is British.

No [BAD WORD REMOVED]!!!! When Brits sing (Beatles/ Stones/ Duran Duran/ etc etc) you cannot usually detect a British accent....however you can easily when any one of their lead singers is speaking. Now Oasis, OTOH,....also from Britain, you can detect a Brit accent when singing, quite clearly, btw. 

However, you're the one with the bad ear is you cannot hear an accent, a contrived one at that, when The Killers' lead singer sings any one of those 3 songs I suggested, same with Green Day and most of theirs.  

Quote:The Jags will have the neutral support because everyone hates the Cowboys.

Not so sure about that....  Any road game I go on to see the Cowboys is packed with Dallas fans.  Despite not winning or getting to a SB since 95, the fans still show up.  One of the strongest fan bases in the NFL, yet not enough winning of late to be hated.

Jagswag there is still some tickets available now, they held some back or something.

Quote:The Jags will have the neutral support because everyone hates the Cowboys.

^^^^^ THIS

If the Jags have the overwhelming support for any of the Wembley games, it's gonna be this one. People the world over love to hate the 'Boys.... Remember that one of the loudest moments in a International Series game over the years was when the score was displayed showing that the Jags were giving them a beat down (can't remember which year it was) - the roof nearly came off. There may be more 'Boy jerseys than Jags, but the noise will be behind us.

We are up to 9th most popular team here - Union Jax has gone from strength to strength - we may need a while longer to catch up with the more traditionally popular teams, but I'm actually seeing Jags jerseys and t-shirts around Cardiff and South Wales these days, simply unthinkable a few years ago! The two guys in the Jags office in London are doing a great job.

Quote:^^^^^ THIS

If the Jags have the overwhelming support for any of the Wembley games, it's gonna be this one. People the world over love to hate the 'Boys.... Remember that one of the loudest moments in a International Series game over the years was when the score was displayed showing that the Jags were giving them a beat down (can't remember which year it was) - the roof nearly came off. There may be more 'Boy jerseys than Jags, but the noise will be behind us.

All over the world?  People all over hate all the teams.  Eagles may be the most hated, Patriots, Steelers to name a few.  I have been to NFL stadiums all over the United States, not limited to Wembley Stadium.  Those same Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys....fill more road stadiums that most team....Raiders as well.

Just seen this http://www.jaguars.com/news/unionjax/art...7a3af8d3b7

Will anyone be attending?