Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Moderates

That zombie apocalypse can't get here soon enough.

Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That zombie apocalypse can't get here soon enough.

Be careful what you wish for...the R's are the ones with all the guns! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Be careful what you wish for...the R's are the ones with all the guns! :thumbsup:

And for the most part they'll be helping their neighbors. Even the liberals.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 08:24 PM by Kotite.)

Not all of the guns.  Plus guns only draw more of them to you.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Not all of the guns.  Plus guns only draw more of them to you.

A whole hell of a lot of them they do....and why would zombies go toward the gun fire and not next door to the tasty brains sitting around, just waiting for someone to come save them?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Why would you build long far reaching toll roads when there are hardly any cars and anyone can just go on your road without paying?

So would the government provide the police to make sure they get paid their tolls or would they be willing to invest for that, too?

And why keep the roads high quality? It costs A LOT of money to build a road to start with, why maintain it when you can just keep making money off of it until it just falls apart? It's not like everyone around can afford to buy a road, and why would another rich person start building a road when you could price war them out of business and fix yours up temporarily?

See, you don't even understand the history of our own nation. Of course you have no clue about how things would be if we went back to late 19th century style federal power.

Long reaching roads, you must be talking about the roads to no where like Alaska that serves what 40 people? Here's the answer either the people living that far out would fund the roads or they wouldn't be built and life would go on. You act as if toll roads are a thing of my imagination they're used all over the place already and they're often BETTER roads than any government built road. Just compare 417 to I-4.

The problem is your dependence on Government for anything and everything is so far entrenched into who you are, the mere notion that government isn't needed to solve all your problems is earth shattering to you.

You want to deflect into the history of the nation now? You still have yet to discuss at all about how the left wing helps small business, a claim you made earlier.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The Left helps small businesses? I thought one of the main problems people had with the left was that they didn't do that?

Quote:The Left helps small businesses? I thought one of the main problems people had with the left was that they didn't do that?

good luck I've been trying to get him to explain that for 3 pages. Apparently in his fantasy land some how welfare encourages people to take risk and start businesses. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:If you think you were disappointed in McDonnell, imagine me.  I voted for him, AND even had a bumper sticker.  It is no longer adorned on my bumper.  I feel hoodwinked.

Don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 02:57 AM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:The Dems were a doormat for W for 8 years. When the GOP lost the WH, they declared jihad on Obama and made it their sole purpose to make him a one term president. And they weren't exactly discreet about it. I think he genuinely at one point wanted to work with Republicans. I know he met with a number of GOP economists early on. But Republicans IMO spent so much more effort trying to block or take down anything Obama did, they neglected to help solve a lot of the issues they griped about. Jobs was the #1 thing when Obama took office and the Republicans proposed zero jobs bills. It's easy to point fingers, but harder to come up with a solution. No sane president would refuse a good idea because he didn't come up with it. But it got into a urinating match on Capitol Hill which is why we had unnecessary shut downs. There may be some extreme elements on the left, but it seems (to me) the entire right shifted further to the right. The only notable Republican accomplishments (if you can call them that) was implementing laws that made them the morality police on abortion issues (Which has been a ridiculous political bargaining chip even though it has no right to be). The GOP used to be the party of ideas. What great idea did they try to push through that got blocked.. Before you answer, ask if there was some poison pill tied to the greater bill which invited it to be blocked. The two party system is broken and the only people whose voice counts are those who contribute to campaign funds. The days of politicians voting along the lines of their social conscience are gone. It's all about who is funneling cash to keep them in power. It's political theater. Obama is far from perfect, but he is is also far from the antichrist he has been made out to be. Some Dems will slowly distance themselves from him as some Republicans did W to avoid being associated with someone their rivals can tie them to in campaign ads. But name a president who inherited a worse situation? No. W isn't to blame for all of his shortcomings, but it cannot be ignored. Just as the most hostile and ineffective House in history cannot be overlooked when assigning blame. There is plenty to go around. And we the people should shoulder some blame too for allowing our political leaders to act like enormous children for so long. That is why I seek a more moderate Democrat and GOP party because allowing people in your party to say publicly some of the things that have gone unchecked for so long only promotes a division I am beyond sick of in this country.
We need to take the money out of politics. There are still politicians that work in favor of their constituents but they are on the smaller level of state and lower because there are less funds being thrown their way. You take the money out and you take away most of the corruption. There will always be corruption but there will be much less when the money for campaigning does not matter any more and true civil servants will rise above the special interest's and by association, the party leaders chosen ones.

This should be the single priority of every American. From there real change that is representative of Americans can happen. Many people on here claim to love this country and see tipping points, and doom for the country as they know it. Taking money out has been brought up nearly nowhere on here since politics become ok to talk about on this board. I don't understand why that is. To not make it a priority baffles me.

I hate how America uses the terms liberal and conservative and how they have so many different meanings today.  Liberals aren't really liberals, they're big government progressives.  The only thing conservatives really have in common with each other is that they are all socially conservative.  They are split between small and big government and fiscal liberalism/conservatism and even foreign policy.  Nowadays, the libertarian sect has taken to conservative republicans because it usually aligns more closely with their beliefs on less intrusive government, even if libertarians are more socially moderate/liberal.

I feel America desperately needs a 3rd, Libertarian Party in politics, but its just not possible with half the country siding with the progressive democrat base because its the party that feeds them.  America is as divided as its been since Vietnam and there's no end in sight.  I feel like both parties are special interest groups catering to one group of people instead of the nation as a whole.

Quote:A whole hell of a lot of them they do....and why would zombies go toward the gun fire and not next door to the tasty brains sitting around, just waiting for someone to come save them?

She's right. Zombies eat brains and you can't find any of those in a GOP household.

Badum tisch, predictable joke.

Anyone who is of the mindset that the massive bureaucracy that is our federal government is what our founding fathers had in mind simply knows nothing about the constitution and why it was written. The monstrosity that is our federal government  if not radically reduced in size and power will be the downfall of this nation. Some of you younger folks might be around to see it. If sweeping change does not come about, start sending your children and grandchildren to class to learn Mandarin Chinese.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Anyone who is of the mindset that the massive bureaucracy that is our federal government is what our founding fathers had in mind simply knows nothing about the constitution and why it was written. The monstrosity that is our federal government  if not radically reduced in size and power will be the downfall of this nation. Some of you younger folks might be around to see it. If sweeping change does not come about, start sending your children and grandchildren to class to learn Mandarin Chinese.

Let me guess, you've read all of the Federalist Papers and understand our founding fathers motivations like they were your own.

Quote:Let me guess, you've read all of the Federalist Papers and understand our founding fathers motivations like they were your own.

One thing is most definitely clear, you do not understand their motivations.

Quote:One thing is most definitely clear, you do not understand their motivations.

By deduction that must mean you know their motivations very intimately. After all, if you weren't a scholar of that particular area then you'd be speaking right out of your rear end when you attempt to weigh my own knowledge in the area.

So, like I said, you are a history scholar that specializes in the federalist papers, no?

Care to educate us about which particular passages or letters between the founders are crucial to establishing the credibility of your claim?

Quote:By deduction that must mean you know their motivations very intimately. After all, if you weren't a scholar of that particular area then you'd be speaking right out of your rear end when you attempt to weigh my own knowledge in the area.

So, like I said, you are a history scholar that specializes in the federalist papers, no?

Care to educate us about which particular passages or letters between the founders are crucial to establishing the credibility of your claim?

You should have spent your money elsewhere if what you believe is what you were taught my friend. That's if indeed your parents spent any of their own money on your so called education. Chances are the mighty feds stole my money at gunpoint to send you to school. Your opinions could not be more misguided.

Quote:You should have spent your money elsewhere if what you believe is what you were taught my friend. That's if indeed your parents spent any of their own money on your so called education. Chances are the mighty feds stole my money at gunpoint to send you to school. Your opinions could not be more misguided.

What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

You are asserting that you have an intimate level of knowledge of this subject, obviously that must mean you've personally studied it, rather than just listening to what some crackpot told you about it. Correct?

Educate us, oh learned one.

Quote:Anyone who is of the mindset that the massive bureaucracy that is our federal government is what our founding fathers had in mind simply knows nothing about the constitution and why it was written. The monstrosity that is our federal government  if not radically reduced in size and power will be the downfall of this nation. Some of you younger folks might be around to see it. If sweeping change does not come about, start sending your children and grandchildren to class to learn Mandarin Chinese.

I don't think we need to worry about them learning Mandarin. China is in a deeper debt crisis than the US, and they're one of our largest debt holders. In the end, the world banker is going to be in Europe. I'd encourage them to learn German.

Regarding the mindset of the founding fathers, you're spot on. Unfortunately, kids today aren't being taught American history, and specifically the history around the reason this nation was formed in indoctrination centers known as public schools. The last thing our leaders want is for people to be educated about such things. An informed citizenry would never stand for the kind of governmental encroachment we're seeing today.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote: 

Regarding the mindset of the founding fathers, you're spot on. Unfortunately, kids today aren't being taught American history, and specifically the history around the reason this nation was formed in indoctrination centers known as public schools. The last thing our leaders want is for people to be educated about such things. An informed citizenry would never stand for the kind of governmental encroachment we're seeing today.

and the education system indoctrination centers are pretty much controlled/ dominated by the libs, so we can see why the above is happening.