Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Moderates

I love it when politicians say "what our founding fathers would say."  To quote Joe Machi, they would say, "When did you start letting women vote?  Wait..  who is that in the White House?  Is that one of Thomas Jefferson's kids?"

No seriously..  Our founding fathers would say nothing to the politicians.  They would look at the general public and say, "How could you allow this to happen?" 

Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I love it when politicians say "what our founding fathers would say."  To quote Joe Machi, they would say, "When did you start letting women vote?  Wait..  who is that in the White House?  Is that one of Thomas Jefferson's kids?"

No seriously..  Our founding fathers would say nothing to the politicians.  They would look at the general public and say, "How could you allow this to happen?" 

Quite right, things are very different than they were when the country was established, and for the better in most ways. The idea that we would even need to be burdened with never allowing the nation to grow past what is written in a document 225 years old is absurd.

The Senate originally was filled by appointment, not popular vote.

The constitution makes no allowance for an air force.

The constitution said a black person was 3/5ths of a person.

The constitution also said that the legislature has practically limitless power to expand the role of the federal government into whatever was needed to make it work for the General Welfare.

The idea that the 10th amendment in any was limits what the federal government can do through legislation is ignorance. The Constitution specifically allows the Federal Government to grow its role to whatever it needs, the 10th amendment only applies to whatever the legislative branch has yet to decide is a federal matter.

Quote:What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

You are asserting that you have an intimate level of knowledge of this subject, obviously that must mean you've personally studied it, rather than just listening to what some crackpot told you about it. Correct?

Educate us, oh learned one.

Funny coming from the guy talking about how the left helps small business with welfare but won't comment if he's ever paid those taxes or even known someone to pay those taxes.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

You are asserting that you have an intimate level of knowledge of this subject, obviously that must mean you've personally studied it, rather than just listening to what some crackpot told you about it. Correct?

Educate us, oh learned one.
Buwwaaa, what some crackpot told me? Oh you mean like the 99% of the professors that teach in the tax payer supported government indoctrination centers in which you so fervently argue for.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Buwwaaa, what some crackpot told me? Oh you mean like the 99% of the professors that teach in the tax payer supported government indoctrination centers in which you so fervently argue for.

Why are you avoiding educating us?

Like I said, you're obviously not someone that just listened to someone else, you're confident in your position that you understand deeply and thoroughly that which we are talking about.

Stop being so bashful, rain your knowledge down on us plebs.

Quote:Why are you avoiding educating us?

Like I said, you're obviously not someone that just listened to someone else, you're confident in your position that you understand deeply and thoroughly that which we are talking about.

Stop being so bashful, rain your knowledge down on us plebs.
Oh, you have been schooled plenty in this thread, I don't need to pile on. Go ahead and keep posting like you are. At this point you really can't make yourself look any more foolish. I stated my opinion and you quoted and responded to it with nothing of substance, just a snide remark. What knowledge have you brought to the table? That's right, none, just your government formed opinion. If you seek education get back to the books. .

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Oh, you have been schooled plenty in this thread, I don't need to pile on. Go ahead and keep posting like you are. At this point you really can't make yourself look any more foolish. I stated my opinion and you quoted and responded to it with nothing of substance, just a snide remark. What knowledge have you brought to the table? That's right, none, just your government formed opinion. If you seek education get back to the books. .

Lol, yes, that's it, I've been made to look like an idiot.

To sum up our exchange:

You: Assertions, assertions, confident assertions.

Me: What are you basing that on?

You: You're such an idiot.

Me: Why aren't you telling us how you know so much on this subject?

You: I've already used up my brain's ability to explain things today, you got schooled anyway!

:teehee:

This is my first and probably last post for a while in the politics forum.  There are a few in this thread that think they know way too much politics and are so blinded by their beliefs that they refuse to see both sides of the story.    There's obviously a main culprit here and its exactly what makes people stay away from this forum.

I hear and read a lot about people saying how bad things are and how much the Government is abusing their power. But no one really knows what to do about it. It's kinda scary.

In a democracy you can't vote all issues for conclusions. We have a Bill of Rights for that reason. If we voted for all issues only the majority would rule and blacks would not be permitted to own property, Jews would not be allowed occupy office, gays would be banished to prisons, etc. But we have a Bill of Rights to protect our citizen's basic human rights against the majority's rule.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 09:15 PM by Kotite.)

We fight for democracy overseas. We live in a republic.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:We fight for democracy overseas. We live in a republic.

Once again most of the population has no idea how our government is supposed to work.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]