Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jax Business Journal - First Look at Khan's Potential Shipyards Plan

I'm just glad to see some plan being proposed. Everyone will have an opinion, and that's good. I hope they don't overbuild, I want to see some green, open public space remain on the river.

I hope I live to see this (or the final version) come to fruition. I don't know where the money is coming from. As much as we like to denigrate the members of the city council, they have to come up with public money while people want their roads fixed. Not an easy task.

And no ferris wheel (London Eye), please. Invites too many comparisons to London.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm thinking the ferris wheel is more a homage to the ferris wheel at Navy Pier in Chicago. If Khan can make Jacksonville anything close to what Chicago is, he is absolute genius.

I went on the London Eye last month and it’s not the Ferris Wheel that many of you may be thinking of. It’s a really cool idea to add one to the development and skyline IMO.

I’d love for there to be a couple of thrill rides added to the development. A roller coaster, and a tower drop ride together with an observation wheel (which isn’t a thrill ride) would be awesome and help make the complex more diverse. 

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Also, since it’s right by the Shipyards, and could be used as a part of that project I really wish the JSO headquarters and the Maxwell House plant could be relocated elsewhere in Jax. Even just pushing them 5 blacks north of where they are now could work.

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Aquarium do it Big Grin

Quote:I'm not sure that is actually Khan's plan.   The article said it was done for Khan, but it doesn't say Khan has endorsed it or that he thinks it's the best plan.  It sounded like maybe Khan had asked for ideas, and this idea was presented to him.  

According to the T-U, this is not Khan's idea, and he didn't even ask for it. 

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...s-unveiled

"Khan's personal spokesman Jim Woodcock said in an email Tuesday the architectural renderings unveiled in Orlando were unsolicited."

"We did not pay this architect, nor will we, for these renderings that represent his vision, nor ours. Nor will we play any architect for unsolicited work," Woodcock said. "This architect requested a meeting and Shad and the Jags agreed to it. At that time the renderings were shown to Shad and the Jaguars by this architect, nothing more. We did not request renderings from this architect or any architect."

No soup for you.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Yeap. Nothing more than a sorry architect wanting to jump on the Khan Express.

Quote:According to the T-U, this is not Khan's idea, and he didn't even ask for it. 

"Khan's personal spokesman Jim Woodcock said in an email Tuesday the architectural renderings unveiled in Orlando were unsolicited."

"We did not pay this architect, nor will we, for these renderings that represent his vision, nor ours. Nor will we play any architect for unsolicited work," Woodcock said. "This architect requested a meeting and Shad and the Jags agreed to it. At that time the renderings were shown to Shad and the Jaguars by this architect, nothing more. We did not request renderings from this architect or any architect."

Lol that is awesome.  I think Khan has an idea, and he's willing to take free architectural guidance to make it happen. 

Thats pretty funny.

Quote:According to the T-U, this is not Khan's idea, and he didn't even ask for it. 

I'm sure Khan is thanking them for the free pub down in Orlando then. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Khan's proposal could be submitted by opening day, or sooner, and likely includes the USS Adams Naval Ship Museum:

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory...._id=543544

Author of Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with Foreword by Shad Khan

http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Fo...0990342409

[Image: tOB3Eja.jpg]

Quote:Khan's proposal could be submitted by opening day, or sooner, and likely includes the USS Adams Naval Ship Museum:

I like that they came out and said that guy gave a proposal, but its not thee proposal.

I think they have a pretty good idea of what they want and how they will move forward with it.  I also think once its approved, the project will begin as soon as possible.

Quote:Khan's proposal could be submitted by opening day, or sooner, and likely includes the USS Adams Naval Ship Museum:

Good.

Nice, I'd like for Jax to be the SD of the east before I get too old. We'll never have the geography, but maybe we'll have the reputation for being a cool town (although I think this already is a cool town)

It's just me, but a guided missile destroyer doesn't do much for me. But having a ship attached to the ship yards is probably a given.

Ken - thanks for posting.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:It's just me, but a guided missile destroyer doesn't do much for me. But having a ship attached to the ship yards is probably a given.

Ken - thanks for posting.

Agreed

Quote:I like that they came out and said that guy gave a proposal, but its not thee proposal.

I think they have a pretty good idea of what they want and how they will move forward with it.  I also think once its approved, the project will begin as soon as possible.

Realistically this will be several months out before anything will actually happen. There has to be remediation done at the site before any building could take place. Not to mention the city would first have to put out a RFP and then wait a time period before reviewing and then officially selecting any given proposal.