Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hot Dog Stand

Quote:I have been off and on here for ten years and have no idea what this is
exactly

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would kill (via throwing off the Modis building) to read that thread again.

Quote:exactly

Exactly....what. It happened. It was hilarious, and was Internet tough guy at its finest.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 12:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:That was gold! It was at the base of the modis building if I recall. I think it wa me, and a few other people, and their was one crazy who was being captain ultra violent. Or maybe it was someone else and I was at the hotdog cart in question at the time he said he was going to be there.

Yeah, that was a classic for me.

Yep, it was hysterical. 

It was legendary enough for "hot dog stand" to have its own place in the "Jaguars message board dictionary" thread..... Laughing....which was in itself another classic thread!

If I recall correctly, the definition for hot dog stand was something similar to: "arbitrary meeting place where no fisticuffs ever did get thrown on account of a schedule full of meetings....." or something close...hahahhaha

Quote:It may have been earlier.

I remember it being around 2008/ 09 -ish. 

I remember the hot dog stand thread, but not any details.

A Steeler fan once threatened to beat me up for a post I made on the old T-U board. He also shut the board down temporarily by spamming dozens of empty posts.

Has anyone else ever been threatened with physical violence because of a message board post?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I remember the hot dog stand thread, but not any details.

I figured more and more would finally start remembering this. 

I'd bet others like BJORN, superfan32, CowboyBarry, KM91, ItsMeierTime, etc etc, remember it, but they are scarce now. 

I'm pretty sure it went down around the 2008-2009 time frame. 

The thread was comedy gold.

So 2 message board hot dogs were going to meet up at a hot dog stand, somewhere in Jax, and fight it out until there was a wiener?

And said hot dogs were trash posting back and forth and as hot dog throw down day approached either one hot dog or the other would come up with some excuse about why they couldn't make it, like accidentally  scheduling it on a day in which one hot dog had ALL meetings?

I'm sorry I missed it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:So 2 message board hot dogs were going to meet up at a hot dog stand, somewhere in Jax, and fight it out until there was a wiener?

And said hot dogs were trash posting back and forth and as hot dog throw down day approached either one hot dog or the other would come up with some excuse about why they couldn't make it, like accidentally scheduling it on a day in which one hot dog had ALL meetings?

I'm sorry I missed it.

I'm still trying to ketchup.

It may be on the way back machine. But it would probably take a significant effort to find it even if it were.

One thing I do remember is the opposition to the Modis Building thread because it made light of the topic of suicide.

- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 02:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:One thing I do remember is the opposition to the Modis Building thread because it made light of the topic of suicide.

Yeah.....& of course I got a warning back then for that involving Gene Smith and a suggestion. :verymad:

It was merely an off the cuff remark made in the heat of the moment after another bad Jags loss. I think leniency/ common sense should have prevailed and that post merely been deleted. I was made a scapegoat for a relatively benign post when everyone else was making similar Modis posts at the time. 

Don't play the martyr, we issue warnings for remarks about suicide fairly often. It's not a subject to be taken lightly.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Don't play the martyr, we issue warnings for remarks about suicide fairly often. It's not a subject to be taken lightly.

and I don't take it lightly....to assume I do/ was because of a heat of the moment quip is ridiculous. 

My post should have merely been deleted, IMO. It probably would have been had I been someone else other than TMD. 

Sorry but that particular warning was one that got under my skin. There, I've said my piece. 

Quote:I remember the hot dog stand thread, but not any details.

A Steeler fan once threatened to beat me up for a post I made on the old T-U board. He also shut the board down temporarily by spamming dozens of empty posts.

Has anyone else ever been threatened with physical violence because of a message board post?

I have been threatened by Bart Hubbuch, then with the TU, that he would sue me. This was via the board in box and I posted every message, which also included the message to him that e truth of his idiocy was an infallible defense. That would have been at least 8-9 years ago, as I was in law school at the time.

He was hurt that the lack of accuracy in a column or columns was vividly pointed out.

Sadly, JDR did not join in to justifiably mock one of his nemesis.

Quote:and I don't take it lightly....to assume I do/ was because of a heat of the moment quip is ridiculous. 

My post should have merely been deleted, IMO. It probably would have been had I been someone else other than TMD. 

Sorry but that particular warning was one that got under my skin. There, I've said my piece.

I tend to agree with you, but someone told me in a board message they had a family member baker acted do to those jokes. My feeling is that someone used it to their advantage somehow, and it did seem legit.

In any event, the Modis building stuff illustrated the point of how ridiculous some of us can be at the slightest hint of anything going wrong.

A total overreaction to warn, suspend, or anything.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 05:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

The funniest thing about the hot dog stand thread was they wouldn't just let it die out and fade away. They had too much false pride to do so. Laughing

Quote:Exactly....what. It happened. It was hilarious, and was Internet tough guy at its finest.
TMD has asserted that just because I didn't hear of it to mean I wasent around. My point was that not every body around heard of it. Some did.. Some didnt.

Quote:TMD has asserted that just because I didn't hear of it to mean I wasent around. My point was that not every body around heard of it. Some did.. Some didnt.

Well as said, the thread was classic enough that "hot dog stand" was included in the "Jaguars MB dictionary" thread (which I think was around the 2011 time frame) , which too was epic in itself. 

Quote:Well as said, the thread was classic enough that "hot dog stand" was included in the "Jaguars MB dictionary" thread (which I think was around the 2011 time frame) , which too was epic in itself.
hmm I may have not been very active then and missed it.

Quote:TMD has asserted that just because I didn't hear of it to mean I wasent around. My point was that not every body around heard of it. Some did.. Some didnt.

I've been around this board a long time too (2004). I don't remember that thread. I probably did see it, just can't remember. I kind of wish I did though, lol.