Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hot Dog Stand

Quote:I've been around this board a long time too (2004). I don't remember that thread. I probably did see it, just can't remember. I kind of wish I did though, lol.

yep would have been around your mid-life as a poster. (2008/ 2009 ish)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I remember the hot dog stand thread, but not any details.

A Steeler fan once threatened to beat me up for a post I made on the old T-U board. He also shut the board down temporarily by spamming dozens of empty posts.

Has anyone else ever been threatened with physical violence because of a message board post?

There used to be a user on the usenet group who would claim to be a marine and regularly challenged anyone who disagreed with him to fight. 

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:...

You were a mod around the 2008/ 2009 time frame....do you remember the hot dog stand thread?

Why is this being brought up now? Are you doing a history of the board or something?

What am I missing? You want to know the results of something that may have happened five or six years ago? That only one other (apparently) poster even remembers?

Strange.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Because it was a fun memory? I'm sure there are others that were fun for the rest of us he'd rather forget- involving The World's Greatest, for example. Or maybe how he got the nickname "angry chihuahua"

Actually that was a riot too.

Quote:The funniest thing about the hot dog stand thread was they wouldn't just let it die out and fade away. They had too much false pride to do so. Laughing

I'll take Irony for $2,000 Alex

Quote:Why is this being brought up now? Are you doing a history of the board or something?

What am I missing? You want to know the results of something that may have happened five or six years ago? That only one other (apparently) poster even remembers?

Strange.

Because he's running out of 80's New Wave and early 90's grunge bands to start threads about.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 11:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Why is this being brought up now? Are you doing a history of the board or something?

Strange.

Talk about strange...,

you getting your panties in a wad over someone bringing up a hilarious thread from 5 or 6 years ago. 

Oh and at least 2 other posters remember it on this thread so far, not 1. rj + nate. 

Nice try though, Brian. 

Quote:Because he's running out of 80's New Wave and early 90's grunge bands to start threads about.

Actually I have tons more of them I could share. 

I remember that thread. You're right Mad Dog, I would have pegged it at about 2008-ish.

We need to bring back some of the old board lexicon haha.

Quote:You were a mod around the 2008/ 2009 time frame....do you remember the hot dog stand thread?

I don't recall the specifics but it sounds vaguely familiar. I thought the people in question were going to meet at the Modis building although it could have moved to a hot dog stand. Keyboard Rambos have always struck me as funny.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 09:38 AM by Gabe.)

Quote:Oh.....it was hilarious...It developed into one of the classic threads of all time. It started out innocently enough, and then by somewhere in the middle of the thread, it escalated to a few posters were challenging each other to a fight that was supposed to take place at the hot dog stand. I even forget which posters it was.....but it was great because......it kept going on and on and getting post-poned because every time it would get close to the date it was supposed to actually go down, one of them would come up with excuses like having a schedule full of meetings that day, so they wouldn't be able to fight, but they'd always reschedule and continue at it on the thread. It was comedy gold!!!
I remember...that was an awesome afternoon. If I recall correctly, the poster was Leftwich4MVP and he was taking any & all comers to go to blows at the hotdog stand at the base of the Modis building. 

I'll play you in ping pong. 

Quote:I remember...that was an awesome afternoon. If I recall correctly, the poster was Leftwich4MVP and he was taking any & all comers to go to blows at the hotdog stand at the base of the Modis building. 

Alfie???

Quote:Alfie???

Alfie would rather eat at the hot dog stand not get all sweaty in a altercation he'd loose anyway.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I remember...that was an awesome afternoon. If I recall correctly, the poster was Leftwich4MVP and he was taking any & all comers to go to blows at the hotdog stand at the base of the Modis building.

Yep, that sounds about right.

Quote:Talk about strange...,

you getting your panties in a wad over someone bringing up a hilarious thread from 5 or 6 years ago. 

Oh and at least 2 other posters remember it on this thread so far, not 1. rj + nate. 

Nice try though, Brian. 

Touchy, touchy, aren't we? I guess some of the others' comments hit home.

I was just asking a question Howdy. Boy, you do fit the Doody profile.

Hilarious thread? Low humor threshold I guess.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:That was gold! It was at the base of the modis building if I recall. I think it wa me, and a few other people, and their was one crazy who was being captain ultra violent. Or maybe it was someone else and I was at the hotdog cart in question at the time he said he was going to be there.

Yeah, that was a classic for me.

Then there was the time Bart Hubbuch (bent hubcap) was threatening to sue me in messages on the board because I pointed out he was a hack and had a bunch of stats flat out wrong.

Man....I've been here a LONG time!

I don't remember it, but I wouldnt be shocked if I was somehow involved in the thread.  I cant imagine I'd be willing to fight at a hot dog stand though.

I remember it. It was circa 2008. I can picture the name of the guy but can't choke up the name. I do remember having a rather heated PM conversation with him and he wanted me to come over so we could compare our guns....... :blink:

I decided not to take him up on the offer. :no:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM by Dakota.)

I think that's right. His avatar was a picture of Coughlin. I think you nailed it.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I remember it. Who knows, I may have been guilty...

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]