Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Sidney Rice retires

per rotoworld: 

Sidney Rice hangs up cleats at 27 years old 

Sidney Rice has retired from the NFL after 7 seasons.

Rice is just 27 years old, and theoretically should be in the prime of his career. But Rice has missed a total of 31 games in his seven seasons. He's reportedly retiring because of a history of concussions. Rice was knocked out a number of times in his playing career and also was trying to return from a torn ACL. What once looked like a promising career after an 83-catch, 1,312-yard, 8-touchdown 2009 season with the Vikings has ended in sad fashion. Rice caught a total of 243 passes for 3,592 yards and 30 scores. He went to one Pro Bowl.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM by Bullseye.)

It happens.

Hopefully he'll have a good remainder of his life after football.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Wow. Sad to see his career cut so short, but OTH he was fortunate enough to get a nice pay day out of Seattle before he was forced to retire. A lot of players in the NFL can't say that
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 07:02 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

I cant believe I am doing this but TMD along with myself and many others, warned some of the people on here that he dosent need to sign with the Jags and NOT to pick up Rice after he left the Vikings.

Congrats TMD....congrats.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I wonder if Cecil Shorts just felt a chill.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Good Luck to him in his post football life, and hopefully he was able to walk away in good health to live life to the fullest still.

If I recall,  Sidney Rice was injured in the 2009 season NFC Championship game when he was still with the Vikings.   I don't think he was ever truly the same player after that,  when moving on to the Seattle Seahawks.   In 2009,  the Brett Favre to Sidney Rice combo was lethal.

I remember advocating for the Jags to sign him. It's a shame he had to retire early. Hopefully his post career isn't too rough.

3rd best Rice to play the game.

Jerry

Ray the chick beater

Sidney

Quote:3rd best Rice to play the game.

Jerry

Ray the chick beater

Sidney

Sidney Rice was not a better football player than Simeon Rice.

A nice payday, a pro bowl, and a super bowl ring. He certainty can't complain.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."