Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Apollo 11 patch flown on 1st moon landing to launch with astronauts to Mars

Quote:It will. If Mars can sustain life, it will happen.

We are running this planet into the ground. What happens when there's nothing left?

We all move in with you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We all move in with you.

And all of his shoes? I'll pass, his room probably smells like feet anyways.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Why are we wasting money going to mars? It's a dead planet what's the point?

Your daddy probably said the same thing about going to the moon. But that worked out pretty well, no?

Quote:Your daddy probably said the same thing about going to the moon. But that worked out pretty well, no?

my daddy wasn't sitting on 17 trillion dollar debt he was handing down to me.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I may be incorrect, but I believe a Mars mission would be privately funded.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I may be incorrect, but I believe a Mars mission would be privately funded.

that would be the best case scenario, let private industry fun the expedition.

Quote:that would be the best case scenario, let private industry fun the expedition.
I can't wait for the "Pepsi Lunar Base powered by Ford". 

Quote:I may be incorrect, but I believe a Mars mission would be privately funded.
You are correct.  NASA is too busy doing outreach to a certain religious sect. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I can't wait for the "Pepsi Lunar Base powered by Ford". 

Fine with me so long as they're paying for it.

Quote:I can't wait for the "Pepsi Lunar Base powered by Ford". 
Whatever it takes. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Elon Musk has proposed something but I believe the cost of a manned Mars mission is out if reach for private industry right now. I happen to agree with the tact NASA has taken over the last decade; let private industry take over well-established low earth orbit operations while they gear up for Mars. It's going to take a while but it's a huge and extremely complex undertaking that will pay off in the long run.

Quote:Elon Musk has proposed something but I believe the cost of a manned Mars mission is out if reach for private industry right now. I happen to agree with the tact NASA has taken over the last decade; let private industry take over well-established low earth orbit operations while they gear up for Mars. It's going to take a while but it's a huge and extremely complex undertaking that will pay off in the long run.

Martian babes are hawt....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Martian babes are hawt....

They are green...wonder if it's anything like they say about green M&Ms. :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We are running this planet into the ground. What happens when there's nothing left? 

Oh I agree with you, but Nasa is always an easy target to point at when they want to talk budget cuts.

Quote:Oh I agree with you, but Nasa is always an easy target to point at when they want to talk budget cuts.

Military spending is another one, we waste God awful money on the "defense budget"

Quote:Because Shad Khan is thinking about moving the team there, as per the NFL Network.
Haa Haaaa good one!

The earth is quite a bit more resilient than some people think. We're not looking to Mars for a new Earth.